New baggage allowance

Not much is allowed. I think other airlines are cutting the baggage allowances too.
----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.airchina.com.cn/en/lk/3_1.htm

Passengers are entitled to a free baggage allowance: 40K for first class, 30K for business class, 20K for economy class. In addition to the free baggage allowance, these articles will be carried free: a lady's handbag, an overcoat, wrap or blanket, an umbrella or walking stick, a reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight, a small camera, a pair of binoculars, infant food and an infant carrying basket, a fully collapsible invalid's wheelchair and or a pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.

Jingwen just left last week - Delta and China Southern. Her heavier bag was 67 pounds - too heavy for Delta domestic (50 lbs.) but since it was an international flight and under the 70 lb. max for China Southern, there was no excess baggage fee. I wonder how long before CS changes its limitations.

Not much is allowed.  I think other airlines are cutting the baggage allowances too.

Passengers are entitled to a free baggage allowance: 40‡s for first class, 30‡s for business class, 20‡s for economy class. In addition to the free baggage allowance, these articles will be carried free: a lady's handbag, an overcoat, wrap or blanket, an umbrella or walking stick, a reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight, a small camera, a pair of binoculars, infant food and an infant carrying basket, a fully collapsible invalid's wheelchair and or a pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.

200089[/snapback]

That sure looks like the same thing I read over a year ago and I am pretty sure this is the limits for domestic travel.

Not much is allowed.  I think other airlines are cutting the baggage allowances too.

Passengers are entitled to a free baggage allowance: 40‡s for first class, 30‡s for business class, 20‡s for economy class. In addition to the free baggage allowance, these articles will be carried free: a lady's handbag, an overcoat, wrap or blanket, an umbrella or walking stick, a reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight, a small camera, a pair of binoculars, infant food and an infant carrying basket, a fully collapsible invalid's wheelchair and or a pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.

200089[/snapback]

That sure looks like the same thing I read over a year ago and I am pretty sure this is the limits for domestic travel.

200203[/snapback]

My wife's dad mentioned the new rule. They plan to move to USA in May.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Most of the airlines are changing their luggage allowances, but I've not seen many that are enforcing the new rules. Hong Kong is one of the few airports in the world that is VERY strict regarding the size of a carry-on bag. So many have been abusing that one for years....