EMS Received!

Guest Snowbeast

Guest Snowbeast

Our EMS was finally received on Saturday! It was a huge relief. In the process of finally getting this to happen, I received an e-mail from GZ I had not seen before. I will include it here.

They were supposed to have mailed our letter on 2/14, but I really don't believe it happened. Anyway, it has happened now!

When Happle spoke to GZ, she was so excited that she forgot to ask for a tracking number for the EMS. Luckily it didn't matter. The only thing left is to go and get the visa. She plans to travel to the U.S. on March 13!

Guest Snowbeast

There are only a few things I didn't know, but this correspondence puts it all together. Have you seen this one?

This e-mail is being sent in order to answer the questions most often asked

about immigrant visas. Please read it carefully. If your inquiry fits into

one of the categories below, we will not send another answer. Other

inquiries will be answered only as time permits.

If you are asking about the status of a visa clearance:

The Guangzhou Consulate has submitted namechecks for all pending cases. Due

to processing requirements, Guangzhou resubmits namechecks only when

requested to do so by relevant agencies in Washington.

We have recently received a large number of visa clearances from the

Department of State. We are quite busy pulling cases from our files,

printing visas, and mailing out notices to applicants. This is a

mass-production process, and we unfortunately cannot correspond with

applicants about our progress.

Applicants will be advised by mail when a visa is ready for pick-up. If you

have received notice that a clearance has been forwarded to Guangzhou,

please wait for our written notice that your visa is ready before coming to

the Consulate.

If you are asking for an interview appointment:

Appointments are being delayed as we wait for visa clearance before

scheduling the appointment. In this way, applicants will receive visas on

the day of interview, if the visa is approved. Please wait for your

appointment letter. We can't reply to questions about appointments by

e-mail.

If you want us to mail a visa:

We cannot mail visas or deliver them. Please follow the instructions in the

notice to pick up the visa.

If you are asking for special consideration:

Please send another e-mail with EMERGENCY in the subject line if your case

meets one of the following criteria:

a) The American petitioner or the applicant has a life-threatening

medical emergency.

:lol: The American petitioner is in US military service and is now being

called to active duty or deployed away from home.

c) A young child is without a caretaker, or in precarious

circumstances, because of the lack of an immigrant visa for the child or a

close relative of the child.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

The Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou

No. 1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, PRC 510133

Sources for general information:

Information line: 8620-8399-2000

Adoptions: email GuangzhouA@state.gov

Non-immigrant Visas: call 8399-2000

American Citizen Services: email GuangzhouACS@state.gov

Our EMS was finally received on Saturday!  It was a huge relief.  In the process of finally getting this to happen, I received an e-mail from GZ I had not seen before.  I will include it here.

They were supposed to have mailed our letter on 2/14, but I really don't believe it happened.  Anyway, it has happened now!

When Happle spoke to GZ, she was so excited that she forgot to ask for a tracking number for the EMS.  Luckily it didn't matter.  The only thing left is to go and get the visa.  She plans to travel to the U.S. on March 13!

Snowbeast,

Congrats. When is she planning to pickup the visa? Do they give you a choice of dates?

Our EMS was finally received on Saturday!  It was a huge relief.  In the process of finally getting this to happen, I received an e-mail from GZ I had not seen before.  I will include it here.

They were supposed to have mailed our letter on 2/14, but I really don't believe it happened.  Anyway, it has happened now!

When Happle spoke to GZ, she was so excited that she forgot to ask for a tracking number for the EMS.  Luckily it didn't matter.  The only thing left is to go and get the visa.  She plans to travel to the U.S. on March 13!

Is your fiancee in Shanghai? If so, I believe the entire Shanghai batch got lost and they had to resend after so many of us inquired. They are supposed to send out notice the next day after they process the visa. My daughter's case was done on 2/13 and nothing came and I called on 2/23 and they mailed the EMS on 2/24. Go figure!

Congratulations!!! The waiting game is finally over for you/

Guest Snowbeast
Our EMS was finally received on Saturday!  It was a huge relief.  In the process of finally getting this to happen, I received an e-mail from GZ I had not seen before.  I will include it here.

They were supposed to have mailed our letter on 2/14, but I really don't believe it happened.  Anyway, it has happened now!

When Happle spoke to GZ, she was so excited that she forgot to ask for a tracking number for the EMS.  Luckily it didn't matter.  The only thing left is to go and get the visa.  She plans to travel to the U.S. on March 13!

Snowbeast,

Congrats. When is she planning to pickup the visa? Do they give you a choice of dates?

I guess picking up the visa is the least time delineated part of the whole process unless you want to count deciding when to travel to the U.S. You can pick up the visa on any weekday at 11:00!

Guest Snowbeast

Is your fiancee in Shanghai? If so, I believe the entire Shanghai batch got lost and they had to resend after so many of us inquired. They are supposed to send out notice the next day after they process the visa. My daughter's case was done on 2/13 and nothing came and I called on 2/23 and they mailed the EMS on 2/24. Go figure!

Congratulations!!! The waiting game is finally over for you/

Thanks for your help with this, Charlotte.

I don't know whether I missed it, but I never heard anything about the whole batch getting lost. that would explain it! Well I'm glad we didn't just wait around for any longer! It was still difficult to get them to respond.

The people who answer the mail at the guangzhouiv@state.gov certainly didn't bother to inform me the letter would need to be re-sent. In fact, ten days later they wrote me a one-line response letting me know the letter was sent on 2/14. I'm just glad we took the initiative to try to get it re-sent!

Guest Snowbeast
I think there are two different times for visa pickup.

Those who are in the earlier group of August ~ October need to show up earlier. I think it is 8:00 ~ 10:00 and get their visa later or the next day.

Those who left their visa at GZ beginning in October or November, can show up at 11:00 and get their visa later the same day.

If documents have "timed out" (police, single) it MAY take an additional day regardless of which group.

No doubt you are correct. I assume this 11:00 AM time is only valid for people who left their passports at the time of the interview.

I think there are two different times for visa pickup.

Don, you are right: For all immigration visas: they only need to show up at 11AM at the gate. My daughter said they just come pick up the notice at the gate and bring out all the visas before 12PM and pass them out. She did not even go in.

For all the K - visas, they have to drop their passports in the morning so that they can work on them and return them in the afternoon. For those who left their PPs at the interview, they probably are treated like the immigrantion visa pick up because they can work on the passports before they send out the notice.

Guest Snowbeast
Congrats! Thanks for the info.

And what's your timeline?

2nd NOA--May 10, 2002

P3--mid July

First name check--August

P4--November 18

Interview--December 11

Name check re-submit--January 4

Name check re-submit--January 21

Clearance sent to Guangzhou--February 4

Clearance received by Guangzhou--February 13

Visa printed and letter sent--February 14

EMS re-sent--February 27

EMS received--March 1

Our EMS was finally received on Saturday!  It was a huge relief.  In the process of finally getting this to happen, I received an e-mail from GZ I had not seen before.  I will include it here.

They were supposed to have mailed our letter on 2/14, but I really don't believe it happened.  Anyway, it has happened now!

When Happle spoke to GZ, she was so excited that she forgot to ask for a tracking number for the EMS.  Luckily it didn't matter.  The only thing left is to go and get the visa.  She plans to travel to the U.S. on March 13!

This is a cut and paste job,from material previously posted on the Consulate Website,with a twist. Nothing Really New.

Guest Snowbeast

This is a cut and paste job,from material previously posted on the Consulate Website,with a twist. Nothing Really New.

Yes, I realize that there is not really anything new. I had just never gotten this in an e-mail.