How long will it take to get the interview?

I filed the petition through the law office in October 2004. The law office told me the whole package was sent to Guangzhou on January 11, 2006. How long will it take for my wife to get the interview?

I asked the law office, they told me that some cases took half year, others even a year.

Is the process needed that long?

Edited by MPH (see edit history)

the typical timeline shows approximately 5 - 6 months from the arrival of the package to GUZ and the interview.

My case arrived in GUZ in November, my wife's interview is scheduled for mid-June. I'm on the long end of the spectrum.....

Hang in there, you are at the last stage of the waiting game.

good luck

Our timeline was: package sent to GUZ on 8/18/05 and the interview was on 12/7/05 -- about four months.

So we were on the lower end of the agony spectrum.

Logic would suggest you are most likely to fall in the middle; about five months. Look for something to be shaking around June.

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)
My package were sent to GUZ on 7/22/2005.  My interview was on 11/22/2005.  I heard that they work faster now.

199240[/snapback]

unfortunately that's not the case for me... my case was complete NVC Oct 24, forwarded to GUZ around 11/2 and they did not enter our case into their computer until Feb 13th! The only good news was the namecheck completed fairly quickly on Feb 21st... although I called DOS last week and they said all the security checks completed March 6th... do you think we may still be able to get an April interview? or do you think May or June is more likely?

Thanks

We were about 2/5 months P3 to interview. I think the speed of P3 to P3 has a lot to do with the namecheck.....more common names or similar names with 'problems' take longer, less common 'cleaner' names are faster.

09/23/05: NVC assings case #, sends to GZ

11/14/05: GZ entered case in computer

11/24/05: P3 Received

11/25/05: P3 returned to GZ

12/07/05: P3 entered in GZ computer

01/03/06: P4 recieved

02/12/06: Interview

Good luck !

Mines is 10 months now. Just finished background check about a month ago. Waiting for P4. I estimate mines will take about 1 year at quickest.

The sent my I-129F to the adjustment of status department instead of NVC. That delayed me about 2 to 2.5 months becuase it was lost, then found. So I figure if it is not for that, maybe 10 months is average.

Edited by Jonathan (see edit history)
Thanks,

I forgot the URL that can online inquire the Guangzhou consulate about the processing.

Does anyone know it?

199426[/snapback]

I think the URL you were talking about only tells those timelines for processing times from inside the US. Such as for the 1-129F.

I don't believe there is any status reports from Guangzhous end.

We were about 2/5 months P3 to interview. I think the speed of P3 to P3 has a lot to do with the namecheck.....more common names or similar names with 'problems' take longer, less common 'cleaner' names are faster.

Good luck !

199263[/snapback]

well, I finally got the answer I have been looking for!!!!! called DOS this morning and we are now scheduled for an APRIL 20TH interview!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAN IT REALLY BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck !

199263[/snapback]

well, I finally got the answer I have been looking for!!!!! called DOS this morning and we are now scheduled for an APRIL 20TH interview!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CAN IT REALLY BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

199441[/snapback]

Well, that's great news, indeed. Good luck with the interview! :blink: