Well just got news from my wifes parents, They just finished their interview in Chendu had no trouble, all the VO looked at was my financial records and the stupid wedding pic of my wife an me in old Chinese clothes, that gave the VO a chuckle. It seems to really be uneventful we did not do anything special just followed Tine&ella's(sp) list. they did ask if my wife returned to China and when we was married. all in all it seems to be painless an simple.

Yes, congratulations.  But, I thought the yes/no also hinged on the answers to the questions.  Were they asked any questions?

199121[/snapback]

2 questions that I know of.

Q1.Did the daughter visit,when.

A1.quietly spoken yes,Then don't remember

Q2.When did they marry?

A2. clearly spoken 2004.

I will see if I can get anymore info from the ole lady tonight.

Well just got news from my wifes parents, They just finished their interview in Chendu had no trouble, all the VO looked at was my financial records and the stupid wedding pic of my wife an me in old Chinese clothes, that gave the VO a chuckle. It seems to really be uneventful we did not do anything special just followed Tine&ella's(sp) list. they did ask if my wife returned to China and when we was married. all in all it seems to be painless an simple.

199066[/snapback]

Hey, great news! My father-in-law is now also coming, just finishing his interview Thursday last. His first request was denied, for the usual culprits - he didn't SHOW the deed and other ties - however they didn't ask either - but anyway...

We've booked the tickets for my wife who's going over for her brothers' wedding then returning with Dad. Our agent says we have to book (they need to see) round-trip, NOT two tickets, one over, one back...that doesn't cut the mustard and could get him denial of boarding.

We CAN however book either OPEN or give a six month date closed end ticket to satisfy BCIS. Why can't we book two seperate tickets for "baba" and save some green? Tickets coming from Beijiing are already outrageously priced.

So sorry I've not posted in so long folks...gosh, I was one of the black hole crowd and have been so focused on many things we (liyan and I) needed to accomplish - school, TOEFEL, GMAT - and crazy work schedules, I've been remiss.

Those that know me I'm really glad the site prospers and helps all of our chinese brides and families :rolleyes:

Good to see you back, Joe. Congrats on the visa for baba.

200047[/snapback]

Hey Don, thanks...I got the lowdown on this round trip ticket stuff: My travel agent was telling me your baba won't be allowed on the plane in China if they don't see the round trip. This is apparently (in our case) Continental's policy and also somewhat China's immigration policy.

I called to verify from Continental and it's true. What was strange was another agent in Philly area was telling my wife NO, I just issued a visitor visa, one way ticket and they can purchase the other here in the states - huh? Who's telling the truth here was my response!

Well, my agent was partially right; what you CAN do is purchase two tickets, over and back (rather than round trip - sometimes cheaper, others not) and still be OK. All Continental needs is that return. Doesn't have to be with them either...any airline will do.

Then there was the issue of price. Airlines traditionally "kill" you on a one way OR round trip BACK to China from the states. (part of this crying the blues for federal assistance to get out of bankrupcy...but anyway). My father-in-law needed to return via Hong Kong to stay with my brother-in-law in South China. He'll pick him up there as he HAS visa to cross over for business.

I had one quote of $2100 (!!) to Hong Kong, from Beijing to states, another, one way for 650., another for round trip 1800 (only Beijing round trip) another for 640 one way, the same back.

My agent's getting some bad info or she's not pricing this right - but another agency gave us the best we've found: 1149.00 round trip to Hong Kong from Beijing. He's got to be on the Continental to leave Beijing as my wife's going over for her brothers' wedding. He's coming back with her.

Wow! What a story. I know someone's got a better rate out there. I'm not squabbling anymore. I'm satisfied there won't be any kinks in Beijing for the return to here and he'll (hopefully) get the full 6 months.

I was also surprised to learn our guys (BCIS) HERE determine how long you'll stay in the states - not over there - and if you have to change ticket departure prior to six months that's no problem. After six it's $150.

Hope this helps others in bringing over relatives. Will keep an eye on the boards and help when I can. Take care Don... :lol: