AOS interview

You can read about NOA2 here:  http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=10690&hl=noa2

and, lots of other places, if you do a search using NOA2

199127[/snapback]

Thx, found out it was one of the notification documents. I forget now the exact number but it's like a form 7997 or something like that (will fix this when I get home). Of course I didn't see the exact letters: "NOA" or even "NOA2" on it, just "Notification of Authorization".

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

David mention the medical exam. I thought that the medical exam docs is sealed and would be given to the immigrant officer when traveling to US.

How can we possibly still have it for AOS? Please advise.

All roads lead back to USCIS... any paperwork that passes through NVC or the consulate or POE will end up back with USCIS as part of your case. :o

• 6 months later...

Concerning the paperwork prior to any AOS paperwork:

I would say that if you have it, bring it... it won't take up too much room and should all fit into one folder (as I did).

I think it's very remote any request would be made for anything from that time period..but applying what happened at our AOS interview:

1) he could not find the evidence for biometrics in computer (which also implies they did not make a copy of the form with stamps for their own records :ph34r: )...

2) he could not find the medical exam paperwork forwarded by the consulate

I guess there could be a chance that they ask you to furnish proof of something if they don't see it in the file... And the #2 would definitely be a show-stopper if the phyiscal was lost.. I did bring what copies I had from the physical and was ready to show them if requested...

In the end, I did have to show him proof of the first thing and he eventually found the second in the file....

Can you tell me more about the appointment for biometrics testing? On the receipt form for the AOS application it stated that the next step would be a biometrics appointment to include electronic finger printing/and or photos, and that an appointment date, time, and place would be sent to us. Problem is my wife, who has a K-3 visa that entitles her to multiple entry travel, is currently in China fulfilling a contract to teach middle school for this academic year. Will she be required to make a separate trip back to the U.S. just for the biometric testing? She did have biometric testing done in Guanzhou as part of the K-3 interview process. Can further biometric testing be waived or done on same day as AOS interview. The latter would enable her to make only one trip back to the U.S.

Appreciate any advice ... Rick T.

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning the paperwork prior to any AOS paperwork:

I would say that if you have it, bring it... it won't take up too much room and should all fit into one folder (as I did).

I think it's very remote any request would be made for anything from that time period..but applying what happened at our AOS interview:

1) he could not find the evidence for biometrics in computer (which also implies they did not make a copy of the form with stamps for their own records :rolleyes: )...

2) he could not find the medical exam paperwork forwarded by the consulate

I guess there could be a chance that they ask you to furnish proof of something if they don't see it in the file... And the #2 would definitely be a show-stopper if the phyiscal was lost.. I did bring what copies I had from the physical and was ready to show them if requested...

In the end, I did have to show him proof of the first thing and he eventually found the second in the file....

Can you tell me more about the appointment for biometrics testing? On the receipt form for the AOS application it stated that the next step would be a biometrics appointment to include electronic finger printing/and or photos, and that an appointment date, time, and place would be sent to us. Problem is my wife, who has a K-3 visa that entitles her to multiple entry travel, is currently in China fulfilling a contract to teach middle school for this academic year. Will she be required to make a separate trip back to the U.S. just for the biometric testing? She did have biometric testing done in Guanzhou as part of the K-3 interview process. Can further biometric testing be waived or done on same day as AOS interview. The latter would enable her to make only one trip back to the U.S.

Appreciate any advice ... Rick T.

I think this is best asked to USCIS directly... while they might send you an appointment date, I'd think you can have them re-schedule it for a later time...

The only argument I think they can make is that she filed to adjust status, so she has to following the schedule they make... hopefully they are more flexible than this.