Is she able to work

Good question for GZ speaks.  As long as she doesn't join the party it shouldn't make any difference

197194[/snapback]

Thanks.. But does working for the communist party considered as being affiliated with them?

Form DS-230 Question 30C

An alien who seeks to enter the United States to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, terrorist

activities, the overthrow of the Government of the United States or other unlawful activity; who is a member of or

affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party; who participated in Nazi persecutions or genocide; who has

engaged in genocide; or who is a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S.

Secretary of State.

Edited by Derek & Yun (see edit history)
Good question for GZ speaks.?As long as she doesn't join the party it shouldn't make any difference

197194[/snapback]

Thanks.. But does working for the communist party considered as being affiliated with them?

Form DS-230 Question 30C

An alien who seeks to enter the United States to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, terrorist

activities, the overthrow of the Government of the United States or other unlawful activity; who is a member of or

affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party; who participated in Nazi persecutions or genocide; who has

engaged in genocide; or who is a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S.

Secretary of State.

197557[/snapback]

I don't see employment classifying her as Affiliated.

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1af¡¤fil¡¤i¡¤ate

Pronunciation: &-'fi-lE-"At

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): -at¡¤ed; -at¡¤ing

Etymology: Medieval Latin affiliatus, past participle of affiliare to adopt as a son, from Latin ad- + filius son -- more at FEMININE

transitive senses

1 a : to bring or receive into close connection as a member or branch b : to associate as a member <affiliates herself with the local club>

I would say that if you think that your fiancee's job might put your visa at risk, it would probably be a good idea to find another job that didn't. The job would only be a temporary one if she plans on being with you in the US. Is it worth the risk?

197592[/snapback]

If your going to paint such a broad stroke, then affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party, could mean any living and breathing person from China. I'd tell your wife to find another job if you feel that strongly against it.

Good question for GZ speaks.?As long as she doesn't join the party it shouldn't make any difference

197194[/snapback]

Form DS-230 Question 30C

Secretary of State.

197557[/snapback]

I don't see employment classifying her as Affiliated.

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1af¡¤fil¡¤i¡¤ate

Pronunciation: &-'fi-lE-"At

Function: verb

Inflected Form(s): -at¡¤ed; -at¡¤ing

Etymology: Medieval Latin affiliatus, past participle of affiliare to adopt as a son, from Latin ad- + filius son -- more at FEMININE

transitive senses

1 a : to bring or receive into close connection as a member or branch b : to associate as a member <affiliates herself with the local club>

197562[/snapback]

6 entries found for affiliate.

af·fil·i·ate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-fl-t)

v. af·fil·i·at·ed, af·fil·i·at·ing, af·fil·i·ates

v. tr.

To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year.

To associate (oneself) as a subordinate, subsidiary, employee, or member: affiliated herself with a new law firm.

To assign the origin of.

I'm still unsure.. I posted in Guangzhou speaks forum and waiting for a reply. Thanks.