shipping her stuff(s)

I brought back two huge suitcases with me. My wife brought another two when she follwed 3 weeks later and she shipped four big cardbord boxes via China post that took two months to get here but only cost about 50 dollars to ship.

im really worried about the post...

about 1 year ago i sent a box in the mail and it took literally 3 months to reach her....

maybe if we can get a few people involved we can pay for a half container or something....

Jesse, Chef ?

both you guys SO's are south China right?

about 1 year ago i sent a box in the mail and it took literally 3 months to reach her....

maybe if we can get a few people involved we can pay for a half container or something....

Jesse, Chef ?

196190[/snapback]

Dudes,

I'm interested if you're planning on shipping stuff from

China.

Jesse, Chef ?

196190[/snapback]

Dudes,

China.

196233[/snapback]

where you located?

im under the immpression that it gets shipped to miami?

no expert here...

"i try to focus on the importing and not so much on the exporting"...GC

:angry:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jesse, Chef ?

196190[/snapback]

Dudes,

China.

196233[/snapback]

where you located?

im under the immpression that it gets shipped to miami?

no expert here...

"i try to focus on the importing and not so much on the exporting"...GC

:angry:

196390[/snapback]

Bill, I mentioned in a post somewhere today, that I too am also looking much more carefully at shipping stuff....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16362

There is just not a good deal of information out there, but there are a few guidelines. Somebody once posted, "reduce, reduce, reduce." Great advice when considering shipping. Next, after you've done all the reduction you can, reduce some more. Guess-ta-mate how much volume you've now got left to ship. If that volume comprises less than four (4) cubic meters; visualize one cubic meter as being more than three (3) foot high, (3) foot wide, by (3) foot deep; yes...cubed.

Of the shippers we've contacted, all will do everything for you, as in go to your house, pack stuff, do the paperwork, and ship it door-to-door. The catch again, there is a four cubic foot minimum, which means it will cost in excess of $2500.00 US. Yes, US dollars, not RMB.

Your other option is to ship a little at a time through China post. I posted the rates in the link above....

Guest ShaQuaNew
We shipped my wife's furniture here about a year ago.  The cost was something like 100/cm, and we used about 7-8 cubic meters.  Factoring in customs broker, Uhaul, etc, it probably cost around $1000, maybe a bit more, if my memory serves me...

196692[/snapback]

Hey there Turtle, nice to see you... :blink:

I looked into some of the links and information that you provided in your previous posts, but have been unable to find a reasonable service that will accept shipments under four cubic meters. Do you recall whether there are any services that do?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just got pricing information from China post.

1. You must buy their boxes; here are the parameters for a moderately sized box

a ) 45.5cm x 35.0cm x 35.0cm (18-inches x 14-inches x 14-inches)

box holds up to 10-Kg (22-pounds)

Cost=13 RMB

b ) Shipping charge=85 RMB for the first Kg, and 20 RMB for each Kg thereafter.

c ) Total cost for one box + shipping

Box cost = 13 RMB

Shipping = 265 RMB

Total = 278 RMB

Shipping this manner is door to door and allows one to ship a little at a time.