Some of may remember that a few weeks ago I had some students write letters on our behalf. This has generated some momentum, and next week I will be "guest speaking" in a number of US History and government classes. There is the possibilty here to generate hundreds of letters.

Do you all still think this is still necessary? If so, what should the focus of the letters be? Who should be the targets?

My thoughts were to have them focus on the broader issues of the failure of the government to process visas from China in a reasonable amount of time and the effects this has had on so many families. They should write to the President, Secretary Powell, our Senators here from Connecticut, and the local newspaper. I would love to hear what you all think and would welcome any suggestions.

Dave :greenblob:

Some of may remember that a few weeks ago I had some students write letters on our behalf. This has generated some momentum, and next week I will be "guest speaking" in a number of US History and government classes. There is the possibilty here to generate hundreds of letters.

Do you all still  think this is still necessary? If so, what should the focus of the letters be? Who should be the targets?

My thoughts were to have them focus on the broader issues of the failure of the government to process visas from China in a reasonable amount of time and the effects this has had on so many families.  They should write to the President, Secretary Powell, our Senators here from Connecticut, and the local newspaper. I would love to hear what you all think and would welcome any suggestions.

Dave :greenblob:

Yes. Absolutely.. Won't hurt.

Remember that ANY of those students you have might one day apply for a US visa .. and go through the same crap we are going through..

Bring in the cavalry !

But forget the Prez.... And Powell... They just don't have time.. and it would be micro-managing.. Fire a salvo at State/ CA, the consulate, papers and congress people.

As long as our government is not issuing visas in a timely and orderly manner, yes, this is still necessary. Focus issues:

Make real information available to applicants. Real-time info on website would be ideal.

Process people who have waited the longest. It is grossly unfair to ignore someone who has waited 7 months since approval interview, while at same time issuing visas to those interviewing very recently or in some cases even on same day.

Your mentioned targets are valid, but also the U.S. Consulate officers in GZ. I suspect they are the current holdup.