Gotten through the name check?

I'm wondering whether anyone on here has been put in the security clearance at the AOS level and actually gotten through. I know Kim and dansm and I are all three waiting on security clearance. We have been waiting since September. I'm afraid we are going to be waiting forever- I just haven't seen anyone come out of the other side of this. Thanks, Sylvia

(Also- has anyone heard of this, http://discuss.ilw.com/groupee/forums/a/tp...m/71610898031?)

Edited by sylinchinastill (see edit history)
I'm wondering whether anyone on here has been put in the security clearance at the AOS level and actually gotten through. I know Kim and dansm and I are all three waiting on security clearance. We have been waiting since September. I'm afraid we are going to be waiting forever- I just haven't seen anyone come out of the other side of this. Thanks, Sylvia

(Also- has anyone heard of this, http://discuss.ilw.com/groupee/forums/a/tp...m/71610898031?)

195181[/snapback]

Interesting link. Frank, I would really like to hear your take on this.

195181[/snapback]

Interesting link. Frank, I would really like to hear your take on this.

195386[/snapback]

Personally, I am not a big fan of using mandamus to compel the government to do something in immigration matters. Others have tried it and, SOMETIMES, the filing of the action is enough to get action but not always.

My understanding of filing a mandamus is that two things are generally required. First, the government has to have failed to do something that it was supposed to do. In the context of the namecheck, this would suggest that the appropriate givernmental agency has not processed the namecheck as required. The fact that the namecheck is taking longer than normal may not be enough.

The second thing is that the courts will often inquire as to whether the person tried all other available procedures to get the matter resolved. In other words, did the individual exhaust his/her other remedies first? The courts don't like to get involved if the matter could have been handled elsewhere.

Only a good lawyer can advise you on whether a mandamus action is the right way to go.

Yea Syl. My stepdaughter had to wait for it. After six months I called UCIS and put in a tracer thingy. Two weeks later she got her green card. it seems that it was sitting on a desk in memphis and the UCIS queiry got it rolling again.

195299[/snapback]

Trigg,

What is a tracer? How did you file a request with the USCIS?

Syl and others,

I put out a tracer exactly one week ago, and walked out to the mailbox, and we finally have an AOS interview date.

I called the 1-800-375-5283 then at the various prompts input 1, 2, 6, 2, 4 to get to a human.

I then gave the lady the vital statistics on the case.

She said she would run a trace, and we should have some kind of response within 30 days.

A week later, the interview appointment is in the mail box.

Dean

Yea Syl. My stepdaughter had to wait for it. After six months I called UCIS and put in a tracer thingy. Two weeks later she got her green card. it seems that it was sitting on a desk in memphis and the UCIS queiry got it rolling again.

195299[/snapback]

Trigg,

What is a tracer? How did you file a request with the USCIS?

195665[/snapback]

If UCIS is X days behind promise timeframes and you have gotten no explaination for like 60 days. you simply call them and they will do the tracer thing. then they send you a letter saying don't contact them unless 30 more days ahve apssed without any reply blah blah blah!!

done all of this a MILLION TIMEs now...NOTHING works for us...we are STILL waiting! also, since we are still waiting- (AOS interview done and passed per the interviewer, but unable to issue the green card bc of security check handled by FBI, supposedly the CIS has nothing to do with it and they are simply waiting on FBI and "other agencies" to return their findings....)--- anyway, since we are still waiting, we had to renew the work permit, once again, and since New Orleans office is closed, we had to take days off from work to drive to Jackson, Mississippi to get it all done there- the biometrics that took ONE MINUTE- after waiting for ONE HOUR!!! NO EXAGGERATION!!!

anyway, we are so very frustrated and have no idea what to do next. we called every 30 days from may 2005 to aug 2005- then Katrina hit- we called again every 30 days from Oct 2005 to Jan 2005, the waited until just the other day, first week of March. Each time now i get to speak to an Immigration Customer Service Officer, or some name like that, but that gets us NO WHERE!! either...we have contacted all senators/congressmen etc. that got us no where, we contacted a lawyer but their fees are outrageous, and i have no guarantee they will get us any further than we we will get on our own, and we are very frustrated!!!

New Orleans "office" is currently processing cases with receipt date of Aug 2004, we have receipt date of April 2004. AND they tell me that our case is now in Memphis...due to Katrina! What next??

:angry:

done all of this a MILLION TIMEs now...NOTHING works for us...we are STILL waiting! also, since we are still waiting- (AOS interview done and passed per the interviewer, but unable to issue the green card bc of security check handled by FBI, supposedly the CIS has nothing to do with it and they are simply waiting on FBI and "other agencies" to return their findings....)--- anyway, since we are still waiting, we had to renew the work permit, once again, and since New Orleans office is closed, we had to take days off from work to drive to Jackson, Mississippi to get it all done there- the biometrics that took ONE MINUTE- after waiting for ONE HOUR!!! NO EXAGGERATION!!!

anyway, we are so very frustrated and have no idea what to do next. we called every 30 days from may 2005 to aug 2005- then Katrina hit- we called again every 30 days from Oct 2005 to Jan 2005, the waited until just the other day, first week of March. Each time now i get to speak to an Immigration Customer Service Officer, or some name like that, but that gets us NO WHERE!! either...we have contacted all senators/congressmen etc. that got us no where, we contacted a lawyer but their fees are outrageous, and i have no guarantee they will get us any further than we we will get on our own, and we are very frustrated!!!

New Orleans "office"  is currently processing cases with receipt date of Aug 2004, we have receipt date of April 2004. AND they tell me that our case is now in Memphis...due to Katrina! What next??

:angry:

197518[/snapback]

Sounds like a great human interest story for the media, not that you are trying to embarass the government or anything, you just wonder how long it takes to do yet another name check on someone who has had it done before.

What next??

:D

197518[/snapback]

Kim, you will probably need to get the fingerprints redone. We did a status check yesterday (still pending) in Houston and also asked for new fingerprints.

A friend of mine, who was also in limbo until last month, was told that they expire after 15 months (I think). Ours were done in Aug 2004, so we asked and were given an appointment to get them redone.

FYI.

What next??

<_<

197518[/snapback]

Kim, you will probably need to get the fingerprints redone. We did a status check yesterday (still pending) in Houston and also asked for new fingerprints.

A friend of mine, who was also in limbo until last month, was told that they expire after 15 months (I think). Ours were done in Aug 2004, so we asked and were given an appointment to get them redone.

FYI.

197669[/snapback]

that is interesting! the first i have heard of that one! we will have to check on it i guess. i almost hate to call and ask about it, since they will probably just go along with what i ask, since i am not sure they really know what they are doing in the first place...at least not the people you have the privilege to talk to on the CS line....we JUST went last week to Mississippi to get his prints for the EAD, we could have done them at the same time, since he had to take 2 days off work and i had to take one day off to get all that done...we will see though?? if anyone else has had to have the prints redone, please chime in!

now, is having the prints redone also mean/or begin the process of having the background check (FBI) restarted?!?! that is what we had requested in Aug 05, the background check has been out for WELL OVER a year now, and we requested they restart it. an immigration attny told us that is necessary, and they are required to restart it, but getting them to do it without an attny is next to impossible!!

so, back to my question, is requesting to have the prints redone, does that have anything to do with the background check??