Blue Slip turns Red

sweetness!!!

Can you share what turned the tide and changed the slip color?

Phil

194824[/snapback]

Phil:

The initial interview wasn't an interview at all. Sounded like it was predetermined. Basically the VO asked if Aiai spoke English and she responded "a little". The Vo paged through our documents and handed them back and said we will need a video. We immediately rescheduled a follow up date that was set for 2/27. We had the video shot and she returned to Guangzhou and handed the documents and video to VO and was informed to return om 3/1 for a decision. Upon her return she was given the infamous red slip and told Congratulations.

Larry

Guest ShaQuaNew
sweetness!!!

Phil

194824[/snapback]

Phil:

The initial interview wasn't an interview at all. Sounded like it was predetermined. Basically the VO asked if Aiai spoke English and she responded "a little". The Vo paged through our documents and handed them back and said we will need a video. We immediately rescheduled a follow up date that was set for 2/27. We had the video shot and she returned to Guangzhou and handed the documents and video to VO and was informed to return om 3/1 for a decision. Upon her return she was given the infamous red slip and told Congratulations.

Larry

194959[/snapback]

This is simply great information. I think it would be prudent to compile a database of these kind of events and pass along to GUZ. It's long been suspected that GUZ often behaves in this manner for some, and not so in other cases. We, the citizens of the US are entitled to a comprehensive explanation, eh? :)

sweetness!!!

Phil

194824[/snapback]

Phil:

Larry

194959[/snapback]

This is simply great information. I think it would be prudent to compile a database of these kind of events and pass along to GUZ. It's long been suspected that GUZ often behaves in this manner for some, and not so in other cases. We, the citizens of the US are entitled to a comprehensive explanation, eh? :(

194963[/snapback]

Last night I spent about 2 1/2 hours chatting on Yahoo with a very emotionally distraught SO. We are not even half way through the process, and she is already on edge due to lonliness for me, and growing impatience. I did my best to calm her down. Luckily, I will hold her in my arms 3 weeks from today. Still a long way off.

Few things crank me up as much as this issue about communication. All of us on here are able to communicate with our SO's in one fashion or another, otherwise we would not have come so far. Manyun and I chat EVERY night for 2 to 2 1/2 hours via Yahoo Messenger. She types in Chinese, and I use Bablefish to translate both ways. She is taking English classes every day. She is injecting more English words into our chats, and understand more of what I type without the need for translation. Will she be ready to speak to a VO exclusively in English during the interview? I doubt it.

So now we take a highly emotional woman, put her in a very stressful situation where she feels that success or failure is on HER shoulders at this point, and expect her to perform flawlessly. Yes there has been months of preparation, reams of documents, hundreds of pictures, and more hoops to jump through than any circus has. You even HAVE the freakin' video already made.

First question from the VO relates to communication. On the surface, it may appear iffy at best, but you have the required proof. Can you show it??? NO!!! Out comes the Blue Slip, more days required in Guangzhou, more lost time, more expense because you cannot hand the tape to the VO, have them slip it into a VCR for a couple of minutes, and then return to the interview. I have read here that some interviews last a lot longer than 5 minutes. What's a couple more minutes in the grand scheme of things?

I do not undestand why the video cannot be treated exactly the same as the stack of photographs that you ARE allowed to show during the interview. It provides visual proof of the relationship. Is anyone aware of a denial after the video has been viewed?

What am I missing here?

Mike

Guest ShaQuaNew
I do not undestand why the video cannot be treated exactly the same as the stack of photographs that you ARE allowed to show during the interview. It provides visual proof of the relationship. Is anyone aware of a denial after the video has been viewed?

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

Mike, there are few things about this process that can be considered easy. While not likely to provide much comfort, your timeline shows that you are moving quite quickly compared to others. The issue always boils down to predominately time and waiting.

Here's a good link about a video...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6492

Guest pushbrk

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

Recently Boo Boo's Jie was asked when Ken met her parents. She answered "xyz, would you like to see the pictures?" I suppose one could answer the first question about communication similarly. "We communicate thusly. Would you like to see a video?"

At this point, I certainly don't plan to do that. I'm hoping to have provided plenty of information before the interview, to show the relationship is bonafide. I visit my wife in 26 days. Some time during the two weeks, I plan to make an mpeg video of us communicating and we'll burn that to CD, just in case.

That nifty new Casio EXS 500 I bought yesterday will accomplish that quite nicely. Wow, it takes great pictures and is EASY to use.

<cut> ... a very stressful situation where she feels that success or failure is on HER shoulders at this point, and expect her to perform flawlessly. ...<cut>

195357[/snapback]

Mike, you're not missing a thing really. Everyone is under a lot of stress during this process. But the Chinese SO take it on themselves that the success or failure is soley their burden.

Examine your case from a cool distance as best you can, look for gaps, possible red flags and prepare whatever may be needed to overcome those items. It's the old "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" mentality. Everyone hates it.

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

Mike, there are few things about this process that can be considered easy. While not likely to provide much comfort, your timeline shows that you are moving quite quickly compared to others. The issue always boils down to predominately time and waiting.

Here's a good link about a video...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6492

195358[/snapback]

Jesse, Mike and Bob

Thanks for the encouraging words. Guess I just had to vent a little bit after watching what Manyun is doing to herself. It hurts that I can not kiss the worries away. And guess what??? I get to do it again tonight. :)

As an Engineer I deal with common sense and logic, none of which seems to apply to the situation most of us are in.

I appreciate all your input.

Mike

sweetness!!!

Phil

194824[/snapback]

Phil:

Larry

194959[/snapback]

This is simply great information. I think it would be prudent to compile a database of these kind of events and pass along to GUZ. It's long been suspected that GUZ often behaves in this manner for some, and not so in other cases. We, the citizens of the US are entitled to a comprehensive explanation, eh? :blink:

194963[/snapback]

Last night I spent about 2 1/2 hours chatting on Yahoo with a very emotionally distraught SO. We are not even half way through the process, and she is already on edge due to lonliness for me, and growing impatience. I did my best to calm her down. Luckily, I will hold her in my arms 3 weeks from today. Still a long way off.

Few things crank me up as much as this issue about communication. All of us on here are able to communicate with our SO's in one fashion or another, otherwise we would not have come so far. Manyun and I chat EVERY night for 2 to 2 1/2 hours via Yahoo Messenger. She types in Chinese, and I use Bablefish to translate both ways. She is taking English classes every day. She is injecting more English words into our chats, and understand more of what I type without the need for translation. Will she be ready to speak to a VO exclusively in English during the interview? I doubt it.

So now we take a highly emotional woman, put her in a very stressful situation where she feels that success or failure is on HER shoulders at this point, and expect her to perform flawlessly. Yes there has been months of preparation, reams of documents, hundreds of pictures, and more hoops to jump through than any circus has. You even HAVE the freakin' video already made.

First question from the VO relates to communication. On the surface, it may appear iffy at best, but you have the required proof. Can you show it??? NO!!! Out comes the Blue Slip, more days required in Guangzhou, more lost time, more expense because you cannot hand the tape to the VO, have them slip it into a VCR for a couple of minutes, and then return to the interview. I have read here that some interviews last a lot longer than 5 minutes. What's a couple more minutes in the grand scheme of things?

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

Mike:

I have not heard of a flat denial after the video, however, I have heard where they GUZ requested another video because of someone coaching the SO.

LT

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

Recently Boo Boo's Jie was asked when Ken met her parents. She answered "xyz, would you like to see the pictures?" I suppose one could answer the first question about communication similarly. "We communicate thusly. Would you like to see a video?"

At this point, I certainly don't plan to do that. I'm hoping to have provided plenty of information before the interview, to show the relationship is bonafide. I visit my wife in 26 days. Some time during the two weeks, I plan to make an mpeg video of us communicating and we'll burn that to CD, just in case.

That nifty new Casio EXS 500 I bought yesterday will accomplish that quite nicely. Wow, it takes great pictures and is EASY to use.

195363[/snapback]

Acceptable formats for the video are VHS, DVD and VCD

LT

What am I missing here?

Mike

195357[/snapback]

195363[/snapback]

Acceptable formats for the video are VHS, DVD and VCD

LT

196462[/snapback]

Thanks for the input, Larry. :P