I-130 is approved.

Umm, were just waiting for P-4 for K-3 visa. Just now, our I-130 has been approved. What should I do? I am starting to panic. /bites nails.

194439[/snapback]

6 months good for approved CR-1? my lord.

194443[/snapback]

I did some research on visajourney and found out, if a I-130 is approved, the K-3 is no longer valid. Now i'm on a different path, and the path I was on seemed so sure and true. Twist and turns, this is fun. MORE CHEETOES PLEASE

Richard's right... The K3 is only cancelled if the CR1 gets to post (GUZ)... and you'll likely get your K3 interview before the CR1 even gets to GUZ.

here's your decision: Whether to only pursue the K3 or not; Put another way, whether you should pursue the CR1 once it gets to NVC and they start sending you all the paperwork and fees to pay.

If you only want to finish out the K3, just keep waiting on the P4... and when anything about the CR1 comes, just ignore it.

if you want to put out the money to pursue the CR1, then do the paperwork as it comes and you can probably get through it in two months, and it's on it's way to GUZ... If the K3 interview comes up and CR1 is still not at GUZ, you'll go to the K3 interview... and can decide if you want to ALSO go to the CR1 interview...

The advantage of going to the CR1 as well would be that you have already paid all the fees for adjustment of status, and this interview is simply to confer approval of CR1/greencard. It's possible the second interview would occur without the k3 [departure time] expiring and so she could decide whether to go to the US and wait or stay in china till the CR1 interview..

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Richard's right...  The K3 is only cancelled if the CR1 gets to post (GUZ)...    and you'll likely get your K3 interview before the CR1 even gets to GUZ.

here's your decision:  Whether to only pursue the K3 or not;  Put another way, whether you should pursue the CR1 once it gets to NVC and they start sending you all the paperwork and fees to pay.

If you only want to finish out the K3, just keep waiting on the P4... and when anything about the CR1 comes, just ignore it.

if you want to put out the money to pursue the CR1, then do the paperwork as it comes and you can probably get through it in two months, and it's on it's way to GUZ... If the K3 interview comes up and CR1 is still not at GUZ, you'll go to the K3 interview... and can decide if you want to ALSO go to the CR1 interview...

The advantage of going to the CR1 as well would be that you have already paid all the fees for adjustment of status, and this interview is simply to confer approval of CR1/greencard. It's possible the second interview would occur without the k3 [departure time] expiring and so she could decide whether to go to the US and wait or stay in china till the CR1 interview..

194474[/snapback]

Once the k3 or cr1 get to Guz. are the processing times about the same?

My k3 was sent to Guz on Jan. 23rd and from what I was able to track with

DHL, it's been sitting at Guz for the last month as "On Hand" not signed for yet.

NVC just entered the last of my data into the system for my CR1, the I-864 and the DS-230. From reading other time lines I'm expecting them to send it to Guz in a few weeks, if there are no problems. At this point I want to wait for the CR1. If the processing times are the same at Guz. We will wait the six weeks.

Any thoughts?

Richard's right...  The K3 is only cancelled if the CR1 gets to post (GUZ)...    and you'll likely get your K3 interview before the CR1 even gets to GUZ.

here's your decision:  Whether to only pursue the K3 or not;  Put another way, whether you should pursue the CR1 once it gets to NVC and they start sending you all the paperwork and fees to pay.

if you want to put out the money to pursue the CR1, then do the paperwork as it comes and you can probably get through it in two months, and it's on it's way to GUZ...   If the K3 interview comes up and CR1 is still not at GUZ, you'll go to the K3 interview... and can decide if you want to ALSO go to the CR1 interview...

The advantage of going to the CR1 as well would be that you have already paid all the fees for adjustment of status, and this interview is simply to confer approval of CR1/greencard.   It's possible the second interview would occur without the k3 [departure time] expiring and so she could decide whether to go to the US and wait or stay in china till the CR1 interview..

194474[/snapback]

Once the k3 or cr1 get to Guz. are the processing times about the same?

My k3 was sent to Guz on Jan. 23rd and from what I was able to track with

DHL, it's been sitting at Guz for the last month as "On Hand" not signed for yet.

NVC just entered the last of my data into the system for my CR1, the I-864 and the DS-230. From reading other time lines I'm expecting them to send it to Guz in a few weeks, if there are no problems. At this point I want to wait for the CR1. If the processing times are the same at Guz. We will wait the six weeks.

Any thoughts?

194487[/snapback]

our distinguished data miners have given some comment on processing times of K3 vs CR1 (about the same from P3 to interview).

See the following threads:

Any Recent CR-1 visa approvals ?, Questions

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10297

Interview/P3 Lists for the month of July 2005

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=135092

---

Realize that the K3 will get slotted for an interview, and once the CR1 gets to the post (assuming the K3 interview has not occurred yet), the CR1 will 'skip ahead' and take the K3 slot... so you get some help by the K3 getting there earlier. Even if it comes quickly after, you might want to do the CR1 anyway...