GUZ Helpline

2 Days ago I called the DOS and got the great news that our interview date was scheduled for March 20th and that the P-4 was mailed out February 22nd. I also spoke with my Senator's office yesterday and they got a confirmation e-mail from the consulate confirming a March 20th Interview.

Last night my wife called the Guangzhou "USA Visa Information Service"...

You know the one.... "Users can go to https://www.usavisainformation.com.cn/schi/welcome.aspx to use credit/debit cards to pay for the service. Users pay 54 RMB or 36 RMB and receive a PIN number which can be used for 12 minutes or 8 minutes, respectively."

They told her that she does not have an interview and no P-4 has been mailed. She called me crying. I assured her there was a mistake and then called the consulate myself. The lady told me the same thing.

Has anyone else out there in CFL land had the same experience? Do the USA information representatives not have the proper clearance to see what they need to in the system? Do they even have access to the system? Maybe they just have a book of canned messages they have been instructed to use?

Anyway... I now think the Information line is a waste of money and time. Once my wife get's her VISA :) I am definately complaining to the appropriate Ombudsman and requesting a refund from the Embassy for the service (lack thereof).

Anyway... I now think the Information line is a waste of money and time.  Once my wife get's her VISA  :)  I am definately complaining to the appropriate Ombudsman and requesting a refund from the Embassy for the service (lack thereof).

193279[/snapback]

I think you have definitely confirmed it. That's really bad when they charge you for information they don't have that you can get for free at another number.

I always found DOS to have reliable information. I often heard good news from DOS before I'd get an e-mail from GUZ. GUZ didn't have the telephone service when I was going through the process, but I'd bet their access to information is somewhat limited, designed to placate callers, and is more directed at providing general procedural information (do I need to file this? etc.) than timely case specific information.

The exact same happened to me. I called the DOS on Feb 15th. They told me that the P4 was mailed on Feb 14th. They also gave me a interview date of March the 2nd. I was concerned with the time frame between the mailing and the interview date. So I spent the money and bought the Pin Number for the GUZ information line. I had my SO call the number and they told her that nothing had been mailed yet. That is was a false alarm. Yet on Feb 18th the P4 arrived at my SO's home. Luckily we are pretty prepared so we are going thru with the interview on the 2nd. I had to mail some documents to her because I was not going to be able to make interview. I sent them to the hotel she will staying at in GUZ. I used the USPS(FedEx) rush service and in arrive today ( 3 days). The DOS also told me that some information was also mailed to me. As of today's date I have yet to recieved anything. I had also emailed the Consulate on the 16th about the time frame . They responded yesterday confirming what the DOS had said. I would concure that hotline service needs to be upgraded. Good luck to you and you SO on your upcoming interview.

2 Days ago I called the DOS and got the great news that our interview date was scheduled for March 20th and that the P-4 was mailed out February 22nd.  I also spoke with my Senator's office yesterday and they got a confirmation e-mail from the consulate confirming a March 20th Interview.

Last night my wife called the Guangzhou "USA Visa Information Service"...

You know the one....    "Users can go to https://www.usavisainformation.com.cn/schi/welcome.aspx to use credit/debit cards to pay for the service. Users pay 54 RMB or 36 RMB and receive a PIN number which can be used for 12 minutes or 8 minutes, respectively."

They told her that she does not have an interview and no P-4 has been mailed.  She called me crying.  I assured her there was a mistake and then called the consulate myself.  The lady told me the same thing.

Has anyone else out there in CFL land had the same experience?  Do the USA information representatives not have the proper clearance to see what they need to in the system?  Do they even have access to the system?  Maybe they just have a book of canned messages they have been instructed to use? 

Anyway... I now think the Information line is a waste of money and time.  Once my wife get's her VISA  :D  I am definately complaining to the appropriate Ombudsman and requesting a refund from the Embassy for the service (lack thereof).

193279[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that, but I am not shocked. CR1 interview date scheduled based on the time of name check or security clearence finished. As far as I known few chinese wifes whose name check done on Oct are still waiting for P4, of course including myself. :(

My husband got senator letter today, GZ responsed to senator that I might intervew in March or April :lol: Honestly I really doubt it now. In 19th Dec, my congresswoman contacted and was told I might interview in Feb or March. Maybe next month if I contacted another senator, senator would get response that I might interview in April or May. :angry: I need a specific anwer not this kind of shit :angry: :angry:

I can't find the post on a quick look through the GUZ forum

193560[/snapback]

Thanks to everyone here for the help and encouragement.

I would like to post an update here about the Visa Call Center vs DOS, and I have placed this post in one or two other threads. I hope it helps save someone some time and money.

For about a month we have been calling the pay service Visa Call center (which is connected to GZ) about our P3. Everytime we call, they have no information, and every single time they give us the canned response "wait 60 to 120 days". We would call twice each week.

Yesterday, my SO called them again. My SO asked....."is the information on your computer as up-to-date as the GZ computer?" The response..."Yes, as soon as GZ puts it in their computer, we have the information in our computer".

Ok. That's that. The Visa call center has the current information that GZ has. (so we think!)

Today, after reading some advice here on CFL, I called DOS at 202 663 1225 Options 1-1-0. He tells us the package (p3) was sent yesterday (Tuesday in GZ). He was very friendly, professional, and helpful and I can tell by what he was saying that he had the most current information. So......we are getting P3 soon !

:)

But, here is the kicker: just a little while ago.......(Weds in China), my SO calls the Visa Call center (curious to see if they have the same info) and speaks to another operator. She tells my SO: "still no information in computer."

My SO says "DOS has GZ info that say we are getting P3". This time, the operator says "GZ updates our computer EVERY MONDAY". My SO says, "We were told by one of your co-workers that your computer is current current with the GZ computer. If it is every monday, why doesnt anyone tell us this, so we can avoid calling on Tuesday and Friday?"

The operator said "Call us in 60 to 120 days about your P3".

Cheez. Can you believe this?

My suggestion? Until this visa call center can figure out what is what, call DOS:blink:

169210[/snapback]