K-3 Visa/IR-1 Visa

Just curious, most people here are waiting for a K-1 visa.

I've seen a couple posts of my fellow K-3 visa people, we've actually got a specialized side group of (AAC and CUC) for K-3 visas in China.

But, Is there anyone out here waiting for an IR-1 visa after getting a K-3 visa?

Guest Frank & Jenny

Hi, Richard.

I am in the same situation. I have used your site and followed your progress. I was a few days behind you. Thanks for a great site.

My plan is to bring Jenny here on the K3 and then fly her back to GZ for the IR1 interview. I believe it will be many months faster than AOS here. Anyhow, it looks like I may have another stint in ShenZhen coming my way. If it pans out, I am definitely taking it. Jenny would be able to get her citizenship much faster as I would be working for an American company.

I am not a member of the K3 group - CUC, alt-marriage-based, this and G7 are enough to keep me busy.

Read you around.

Frank

It's good to know someone's following the same path, makes me feel like we've been making the right choice if others are following it. How far are you along the I-130 path? I'm curious because we're waiting for Packet #4 for the I-130, and from my research it's identical to what we needed to bring to Guangzhou few months ago, since the INS already has all our medical records, etc. how do I get them back for this interview, etc. Oh well, I just hope that Guangzhou gets our name check done, etc.

Guest Frank & Jenny

My case is stuck in NVC. No big deal. As long as Jenny gets here on the K3 I'm happy - the rest can take 2 years. I think once the dust settles in GZ the case will move again. If it is already on the way to GZ maybe we can use the same security check she got for the K3 and haul ass through GZ. It will be kinda moot if I get this job in SZ, though.

Richard,

You really have a fortune in your K3 visa process. You stated On February 27, 2002 , and Your wife got her K3 Visa on July 17,2002. How quick it that? I just wandering that you may hold a seminar to tell your secret. :ph34r: :blink:

Many people in here stated much earlier than you and still waiting for visa.

You have a very special, interesting website. Great stuff.

But I have a suggestion, you may draw a layout in you home theater page(where you list all your audio video) so that when thief go your home, they could work more efficiently. LOL :lol: :rolleyes:

I am Charles on AAC

Parts of the home theater are with me in China, not the whole thing, but some parts :rolleyes:

All I can say about of application is spent countless hours making sure everything was perfect on each sheet of paper. If there was one mistake, we started doing it over again. Any type of photocopy we did we made sure it was like the original, after all I know that the MSC was going to scan everything in the computer, so if it was in a condition where they could easily scan it in and that the scan was clearly readable, then I thought things would go more smoothly. We even went through the trouble of not using staples, etc. because it was be a lot of trouble for the person to take a part, etc. to scan. I think those kinds of little help, even though it sounds little, still had some sort of effect. We just hope our luck continues with the IR-1 visa, maybe our approval was in those 5000 as well, Guangzhou is at least acknowledging that they have our IR-1 case, and that we are at the interview stage, etc.

Yes, 4 months is pretty awesome, although not a very lucky Chinese number. I've also heard that some people didn't have to wait for the NOA #1 for the I-130 to apply for the I-129F, it's interesting, they just put some sort of form that says they had entered it in, not exactly sure how it works or if it slows down the process in the future, but if they get the initial NOA #1 for the I-129F, then I think it's more a of an advantage then a disadvantage, that's assuming they work on things in a FIFO type way, but it seems to me sometimes it's a NIFO type of way (next in first out).

We filed both the I-129 and the I-130 at the same time on a K-3 basis it took INS 90 working days after they figured out the money I sent, you would think one check for both apps. you need seperate checks for these as they go to seperate places, and then it went to GZ and it took about 45 days till my wifes interview and everything was approved that day just waiting on the name check, maybe we will have some good news, it has been 15 working weeks so far