chinese passport named change and the DL

is there anyone has experience to change a chinese passport due to the name changed in San francisco china embassy either you or your spouse? i have already submitted my AOS and received the NOA1, therefore i am thinking to work on my passport named change. is anyone know that is ok if i change my passport before the EAD or AOS approve? or better to wait?

another thing is i am trying to get my DL after done with my passport and SSN name changed. i read about the California DMV info. they require the Name change documents. it says:if the name on your birth date/legal oresence document is different from the name on your ID card applocation, you must also bring an acceptable true full name document. So that means, the name on my passport and on my birth certificate will not be the same.where can i get the name change document? anyone has the same experience when you go thru it? will they let you take the exam if you only have the NOA instead of green card or EAD?

is there anyone has experience to change a chinese passport due to the name changed in San francisco china embassy either you or your spouse? i have already submitted my AOS and received the NOA1, therefore i am thinking to work on my passport named change. is anyone know that is ok if i change my passport before the EAD or AOS approve? or better to wait?

another thing is i am trying to get my DL after done with my passport and SSN name changed. i read about the California DMV info. they require the Name change documents. it says:if the name on your birth date/legal oresence document is different from the name on your ID card applocation, you must also bring an acceptable true full name document. So that means, the name on my passport and on my birth certificate will not be the same.where can i get the name change document? anyone has the same experience when you go thru it? will they let you take the exam if you only have the NOA instead of green card or EAD?

193019[/snapback]

?????where is that reply??? it's gone?!

That was me, I was going to point you to the Chinese Consolute in SF but I mis understood your question.

My wife will decide if she wants to change her name after the two year GC expires. That will be the same year her passport will expire so we

figure we will do everything at once.

I do have a question about the Chinese passport.

If you get a new passport due to name change or the old one expires,

do they return the old passport back to you?

It seems the services for Chinese citizens are in Chinese only.

I suggest that you wait until you need to renew it unless you are going to leave the US.

My wife renewed and changed her name at the same time. For the name change, it was typed in and stamped as "The bearer of this passport is also known as----------" So you will have both the old and new name on the same pp.

No new passport is issued.

The Chinese consulate can enter a page in your passport showing your married name, my understanding is this requires a certified marriage certificate. You will need to use the Consulate/Embassy that covers the state the marriage certificate was issued as each only authenticates specific state documents.

Your SSN and marriage certificate should take care of the DL name by supplying a True Full Name

This and your NOA1, passport, SSN and marriage license should be enough to prove legal status and name change for the DMV, How to Change your name

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)