visa and company secrets

well I understand what you are saying however this page:

http://www.greencardlawyers.com/TALFieldsList.html

seems to indicate that if you are a foreigner from china asking for a visa for the US, the US will check your work for one of these fields. before issuing a visa.

is this not correct ?

192536[/snapback]

The link to the immigration lawyers site you listed is addressing work visas for foreign nationals and not marriage based visas. Yes, there are people that are coming to the US everyday to work for a definite period of time, and then return to their home country. The US is particulary concerned about these people, but again, it does not pertain to a marriage based visa....

192542[/snapback]

Everything I read at that site is presented in the context of a non-immigrant visa and where your "visit" would involve those areas described on the TAL list.

Technically, the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa but USCONGUZ has indicated they are "treated as immigrant visas" because the ultimate intent is to immigration. Based on that, I would say that neither the "Visas Condor" or "Visas Mantis" security checks would directly apply. Your SO would perhaps be bringing secrets from China and staying here.

If David and Frank would agree to that take after reading, I'd be real confident in it.

As a caveat. You're going to need to tell the truth about the name of her employer and her job, IMO, but unless the company name or title raises a red flag, there wouldn't be a reason to trigger thes checks. For instance saying she's a xyz engineer for "Jet Propulsion Laboratories" would raise a flag, where being a financial analyst or "project manager" for Haliburton might not. I'm using recognizeable US examples of "government contractors" that have employees with security clearances etc.

Our government does not have access to the databases kept by the Chinese government. There's no need to worry about them seeing her passport application.

Take a look at the company name and an honest title and see how it looks.

192546[/snapback]

hehe,

she works for xyz engineer for "Jet Propulsion Laboratories"

how did you know? seriously she does.

I do understand your point.

chose the name ! without lying there are ways to write it down

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew
hehe,

192548[/snapback]

If do hope you're kidding. It's important to understand that it's absolutely imperative to answer any and all questions with 100% truth and abscent of ANY intent to deceive or misdirect. The reason?

If caught, the beneficiary is subject to a permanent ban from entering the US. If the US citizen is implicated, there are serious fines and jail time involved.....

hehe,

192548[/snapback]

If do hope you're kidding. It's important to understand that it's absolutely imperative to answer any and all questions with 100% truth and abscent of ANY intent to deceive or misdirect. The reason?

If caught, the beneficiary is subject to a permanent ban from entering the US. If the US citizen is implicated, there are serious fines and jail time involved.....

192550[/snapback]

I do understand.

I am just saying, rather than writing that you work for "xyz engineer for Jet Propulsion Laboratories"

you can write that she works for "xyz engineer for JPL"

Guest ShaQuaNew
I do understand.

I am just saying, rather than writing that you work for "xyz engineer for Jet Propulsion Laboratories"

192551[/snapback]

I hope so. Be sure that whenever you are completing any form that you provide up-to-date, complete, and accurate information. If you or your partner work for a company called "Jet Propulsion Laboratories," as a Chemical Engineer, then write it that way on the form. Don't use abbreviations, or acronyms. Spell it out, with the complete address and telephone number where required.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

see Don and Long_Strider's comments:

------

Which name check is it?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2556

More secuity clearance/ name check info, DOS Annual Report on Security Clearance

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2346

Resubmitted on the 13th?, GUZ says they resub. "eagle" for my wife

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=853

visa namecheck process

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2992

Guest pushbrk
hehe,

192548[/snapback]

192550[/snapback]

I do understand.

192551[/snapback]

And I wasn't suggesting you mislead either but there's truth and there's truth.

Let's use a more detailed example of an employer and a job title.

Like for a resume:

Employer: Jet Propulsion Laboratories

Position: Project Manager and Chief Architect, Titan Missile Project

Like for a K1 visa application

Employer: JPL, CA Inst. of Technology

Position: Project Manager

Both are true and honest. Neither misleads.

Another:

Resume...

Employer: Haliburton KBR

Position: Security Chief for President of Iraq

visa application...

Employer: Kellogg, Brown and Root Construction

Position: Manager

You get the picture. On the other hand, the best you can honestly do may well end up sending up huge red flags. You'll be giving five years of work history, so quiting her job won't keep you from having to provide the information.

I do understand.

192551[/snapback]

I hope so. Be sure that whenever you are completing any form that you provide up-to-date, complete, and accurate information. If you or your partner work for a company called "Jet Propulsion Laboratories," as a Chemical Engineer, then write it that way on the form. Don't use abbreviations, or acronyms. Spell it out, with the complete address and telephone number where required.

192552[/snapback]

well for NASA you enter NASA or "National Aeronautics and Space Administration" ?

hehe,

192548[/snapback]

192550[/snapback]

I do understand.

192551[/snapback]

And I wasn't suggesting you mislead either but there's truth and there's truth.

Let's use a more detailed example of an employer and a job title.

Like for a resume:

Employer: Jet Propulsion Laboratories

Position: Project Manager and Chief Architect, Titan Missile Project

Like for a K1 visa application

Employer: JPL, CA Inst. of Technology

Position: Project Manager

Both are true and honest. Neither misleads.

Another:

Resume...

Employer: Haliburton KBR

Position: Security Chief for President of Iraq

visa application...

Employer: Kellogg, Brown and Root Construction

Position: Manager

You get the picture. On the other hand, the best you can honestly do may well end up sending up huge red flags. You'll be giving five years of work history, so quiting her job won't keep you from having to provide the information.

192558[/snapback]

yes I definetely got it. I don't intend to have her lie but there is truth and truth. it's all in the presentation.

We just want to avoid red flags.

...Technically, the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa but USCONGUZ has indicated they are "treated as immigrant visas" because the ultimate intent is to immigration.  Based on that, I would say that neither the "Visas Condor" or "Visas Mantis" security checks would directly apply.  Your SO would perhaps be bringing secrets from China and staying here.

If David and Frank would agree to that take after reading, I'd be real confident in it...

192546[/snapback]

I tend to agree that K-1 shouldn't be included, but I don't know for certain. Again, the principal question is whether the US would contact the employer, and it seems the likelihood is low.

The more I think about this, the more I feel that the real issue may be with the Chinese government rather than the US government. Is it possible that China might attempt to block an emigration from China because the applicant is in a sensitive position? If the possibility is real, then jean-charles raises a legitimate question - should his fiancee quit now while it's still early in the process? Unfortunately, I doubt if USCONGUZ can give much guidance on this question.

...Technically, the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa but USCONGUZ has indicated they are "treated as immigrant visas" because the ultimate intent is to immigration.  Based on that, I would say that neither the "Visas Condor" or "Visas Mantis" security checks would directly apply.  Your SO would perhaps be bringing secrets from China and staying here.

If David and Frank would agree to that take after reading, I'd be real confident in it...

192546[/snapback]

I tend to agree that K-1 shouldn't be included, but I don't know for certain. Again, the principal question is whether the US would contact the employer, and it seems the likelihood is low.

The more I think about this, the more I feel that the real issue may be with the Chinese government rather than the US government. Is it possible that China might attempt to block an emigration from China because the applicant is in a sensitive position? If the possibility is real, then jean-charles raises a legitimate question - should his fiancee quit now while it's still early in the process? Unfortunately, I doubt if USCONGUZ can give much guidance on this question.

192574[/snapback]

I doubt that the chinese government will even know unless the consulate call them !

Let me suggest something you might want to consider. I assume she is a party member, since in all likelyhood she is in order to have such a job with such a company. That you discuss with her any possible ramifications to family members still there because of her leaving the country.

192584[/snapback]

well we have called the china government office and they told her she was free to go abroad when she has the visa.

the only thing is we are trying to avoid red flags or to get fired before she leaves her job prior to geting the visa.

there is no ramifications to family members.

she does not work for the government, just an other company that makes stuff for the government.

Before she has the visa, she will simply quit her job. We are just trying to make it till interview, ... 9 month without a job is long

just to confirm, she is not a member of any party nor of THE party, just an engineer in a private company

Edited by jean-charles (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Jean, it appears that you are quite early in the process. There have been more members that have been affected by third party involvement than those having problems from Chinese employers. Most find it beneficial to keep an engagement and marriage quiet, and shared only with the safest ears during the process. The problem, is that an unhappy person in China may call the US consulate and bash your partner and delay, or undermine your process. You will not need to concern yourself as to where your partner works until the end of the process, where the namecheck occurs....

Jean, it appears that you are quite early in the process. There have been more members that have been affected by third party involvement than those having problems from Chinese employers. Most find it beneficial to keep an engagement and marriage quiet, and shared only with the safest ears during the process. The problem, is that an unhappy person in China may call the US consulate and bash your partner and delay, or undermine your process. You will not need to concern yourself as to where your partner works until the end of the process, where the namecheck occurs....

192591[/snapback]

definetely understood, that was kinda our plan, to keep it quiet.

I thought they did a name check when you file the I129F for K1 ?