AOS Denied !

You know it reads like these folks will do anything and grasp at anything to a. not be at fault and/or b. not do their #@$ Job!!

It is beyond me why someone can not Man-Up (Woman-Up) and simply say "Yes, we have a mess here. I'll take these papers and being the process. etc.."

The People of the USA need a Government that will work WITH them; not against them.

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally!

A few weeks ago we got the long-awaited appointment letter for our AOS interview. We were shocked to then receive, a few days later, a notice saying the appointment had been cancelled. I had read on this forum a story of someone whose apopointment was cancelled, and they went anyways and got approved. So we decided to do the same.

The cancellation was never mentioned and we passed the interview, and Ying now has a stamp in her passport that serves as her green card until the actual card arrives in the mail.

It was a long process - May of 2005 until October 2006, but it's finally over! Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Finally!

A few weeks ago we got the long-awaited appointment letter for our AOS interview. We were shocked to then receive, a few days later, a notice saying the appointment had been cancelled. I had read on this forum a story of someone whose apopointment was cancelled, and they went anyways and got approved. So we decided to do the same.

The cancellation was never mentioned and we passed the interview, and Ying now has a stamp in her passport that serves as her green card until the actual card arrives in the mail.

It was a long process - May of 2005 until October 2006, but it's finally over! Thanks to all for your help and advice.

Congrats on getting past such a monumental snafu in the system. Just think of what might have happened if you had paid attention to the cancellation letter. :D

Good luck, and hope things go more smoothly from here on out.

Finally!

Every cloud has its silver lining!

Thanks for the good news, Bruce.

This whole thing sounds soooooooo familiar. I haven't posted anything in a while (my employer has once again placed a filter on the Internet connection, and I had a habit of visiting here first thing in the morning. My home computer is usually occupied by the wife) but this may give you some hope, and ideas.

We went through a similar situation in August. We never received my wife's interview date, and received a denial due to abandonment.

We both freaked out and began by contacting my congressman, the local director of the USCIS and both state senators. They were no help at all, and the two offices that responded told us to start over. My lovely wife, who doesn't know as much as Mr. smart-guy-me, told me she was going to the immigration office to get things fixed. At this time we had received a list of things to bring to the daughter's interview, but no letter for the appointment. The same thing happened in my wife's situation. I told her she was wasting her time and probably wouldn't even get in the front door.

She went anyway. I am now wearing much egg on my face. She got in, and talked to the officer at the information window. He provided her with the date for my step-daughter's interview, but couldn't quite grasp what Weiping was telling him about her situation. I took the next day off and went back with her. I talked to the same officer who helped Weiping the day before, and low and behold, as soon as he heard my tale of woe, asked me to have a seat and he would check with somebody in another area. He returned 15 minutes later (during his lunch break) and had me sign a form that stated the case was reinstated and my wife would be interviewed at the same appointment as our daughter. Wow, amazing!!!!

This guy did, in 15 minutes what 2 senators and a congressman couldn't.

We had the interview in September. The reviewer was very kind and courteous, but still requested that I send additional proof of a bona fide relationship. This seemed a little bit much since my wife and I are not young and provided plenty of evidence that the relationship was real.

Bottom line, the package was sent registered mail to ensure they received it and we are now awaiting the arrival of two green cards.

Happy ending in sight, although I won't breath until they are actually here.

DUH! Next time I'll read the whole topic before responding.

Edited by Martytb (see edit history)

Congratulations Bruce and Ying. I am fortunate to have a P.O. Box in a small town that even calls me everytime I have an Express Mail package and even says if I show up before the window opens to just knock on the door because someone will be there to help me. I love small towns. For those of you in big impersonal cities, perhaps you could have mail to your wife address to her with the phrase "Or current occupant" after her name. That way they will consider it junk mail and they always deliver junk mail. :angry: