Two(2) motives VO always check

CFL members need to take this topic VERY seriously. It's a real problem that the US immigration system has to deal with every day. The best way to avoid heavy scrutiny is to:

1. Communicate frequently.

2. Save copies of all communication with your partner; email, phone call logs, and letters.

3. Take lots of photos depicting the two of you together. Include names, dates, and location on the reverse side.

4. Save your boarding passes, receipts, etc., for proof of visits.

5. Visit your partner in China as many times as you can while waiting for the interview. Most agree the more trips the better. A single trip is usually more heavily scrutinized.

Note: If you and your SO lack a common language, e.g., she does not speak English nor you Chinese; be prepared to make a video tape of the two of you together communicating....ShaQuaNew,

You are right.

30 years of age difference is a minor problem when you have solid evidence to prove the genunine relationship.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think age difference is a factor. I said it before and I will say it again, it  was not for us.

Remember also that the VO also have our best interest in mind and if they think someone is just a visa hound, they may be helping you in the long run.

189517[/snapback]

skibum,

You are right.

30 years of age difference is a minor problem which can be overcome by solid evidence of the genuine relationship or communication skills.

Eunice

I think she is giving some really good tips to those immersed in the Fiancee visa currently.

Eunice welcome to CFL and thank you for all the informative input.

Ken

189525[/snapback]

Agreed. Thanks and welcome Eunice. It's good to have you here.... :D

189528[/snapback]

I too have to say that her advice and sense of humor is awesome!!! In addition, she has given tremendous insight on understanding her culture and their thinking. This help has been invaluable. I for one truly enjoy getting a different perspective from our Chinese family members here at Candle!!! As I mentioned in one of her previous threads, and I will say it again. This time just a little bit louder.

WELCOME SMILINGASIA!!!

:P :D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Eunice, you speak authoritatively on many aspects of the visa process.  Your comments seem to make good sense.

If I may, I would like to ask what is your background and qualifications?  It appears that you are living in China.  You don't show a timeline.  Have you been through the visa process yourself?  Are you somehow involved in working with visa applicants?

No doubt or disrespect is intended, it's simply that some background would help us understand your posts.

189489[/snapback]

jim_julian,

I've been helping people to overcome visa denials since 2003 in south China, Guangzhou.

Worked with non immigrant visas before that.

My date and I haven't decided to live in Guangzhou or New York.

There are many people who are more authoritative than me but they are not able to express everything in your language.

I'd be happy to answer any of your questions, to the best of my knowledge and understanding.

Eunice

This is interesting.

In all, frauds would have these bases covered I would think. Communication/Visits/ Photos

Possibly I'm wrong.

I feel that the couples with a real relationship, but they can't afford these items, in many cases get the short end.

This is very sad.

Really, it appears to be how the ball bounces in the final seconds.

No proof, some proof, enough proof, too much proof? No matter the case.

It seems to be left up to someones best "opinion" in the end.

It must be hard to be a VO. Let the bad guy through, make the good guy suffer. It would weigh heavy on my mind if I were in their position.

I respect VOs. I don't believe this is their intention.

(e.g.) Stopped by the police.

1) You say "yep," $200.00 fine.

2) You say "Yes Sir," get a warning.

We will also show respect, be calm, and confident.

Trust me, I do worry, but it takes so much energy.

E

I think she is giving some really good tips to those immersed in the Fiancee visa currently.

Ken

189525[/snapback]

189528[/snapback]

I too have to say that her advice and sense of humor is awesome!!! In addition, her help she has given tremendous insight on understanding us her culture and their thinking is invaluable!!! I for one truly enjoy getting a different perspective from our Chinese family members here at Candle!!! As I mentioned in one of her previous threads, I will say it again. This time just a little bit louder.

WELCOME SMILINGASIA!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

189535[/snapback]

I second that. Welcome, SmilingAsia. Thank you for helping us. You are a much-appreciated resource for good information.

:angel: We can't have enough Guardian Angels watching over us.

Mike

The CFL Interview FAQ has the following fraud schemes listed:

A.2.7.2

They are looking for fraud in the following methods:

1.two-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary pays American petitioner)

2.one-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary is ‘pretending?affection; plans to dupe petitioner.)

A.2.7.3

VISA SENT BACK TO USCIS:

1. a common scheme is for a couple to divorce, the husband goes to the US, illegally or as an unmarried son, then the wife needs to find some USC to marry to get to the States and re-hook up with the ex-husband.

2. USCs serially bringing multiple fiancée  or spouses to the States

for a relative short period of time each, splitting up and then doing it again and again. The USC probably gets paid.

3. Use of fraudulent documents, such as fraudulent phone logs from well known phone providers in the US as well as phony (pun) logs for call cards..

189506[/snapback]

DavidZixuan,

It's very difficult to catch one-way fraud.

The beneficiary's friends and relatives know that but the petitioner is the last one to know or never knows, and it's very difficult for VO to catch evidence when the petitioner is fully supporting her.

In May 2004, I gave a petitioner in Huston some hints:" VO kept a pile of your remittice slips. You have made the image that your SO needs you more financially rather than physically."

I also gave hints to the applicant as I saw the applicant's ex was spending the petitioner's money, but the applicant didn't understand. She got mad:"You said VO is protecting a US citizen, then why she denied me twice and didn't want me to join him?"

Her VO was a white lady. The VO is kind and the blue slip was "I want to see the two of you together communicating in your language."

The applicant got passed.

In some situation I think it's better to keep my mouth shut.

SmilingAsia,

nice picture with your baby ! :clapping:

---

You made this comment in another thread, and your only the second person I've ever heard this from...

2. If the applicant comes from the infamous Fujian province.

Eunice

188962[/snapback]

---

Also, when I think of the major cities that chinese ladies originate from, it seems to me to be: Nanning, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen... none of which are in Fujian.

What can you say about Fujian and the dense location of chinese woman looking for foreign husbands? And is Fujian the only one looked at closely?

Guest ShaQuaNew

The beneficiary's friends and relatives know that but the petitioner is the last one to know or never knows, and it's very difficult for VO to catch evidence when the petitioner is fully supporting her.

189547[/snapback]

There are questions that are important for the petitioner to ask themselves to prevent being duped. Much of it's common sense, but be alert for red flags:

1. Does your Chinese partner seem distant or attentive?

2. Is your Chinese partner difficult to reach for conversation?

3. Apart from the joy and fulfillment of a new love, does everything seem just "too good to be true?"

4. Is money a frequent topic? Either receiving or sending?

Use your gut. Remember that recent break-ups and divorces can lead someone to being more vulnerable than usual....

The CFL Interview FAQ has the following fraud schemes listed:

A.2.7.2

They are looking for fraud in the following methods:

1.two-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary pays American petitioner)

2.one-way fraud (Chinese beneficiary is ‘pretending?affection; plans to dupe petitioner.)

A.2.7.3

VISA SENT BACK TO USCIS:

1. a common scheme is for a couple to divorce, the husband goes to the US, illegally or as an unmarried son, then the wife needs to find some USC to marry to get to the States and re-hook up with the ex-husband.

2. USCs serially bringing multiple fiancée  or spouses to the States

for a relative short period of time each, splitting up and then doing it again and again. The USC probably gets paid.

3. Use of fraudulent documents, such as fraudulent phone logs from well known phone providers in the US as well as phony (pun) logs for call cards..

189506[/snapback]

DavidZixuan,

In May 2004, I gave a petitioner in Huston some hints:" VO kept a pile of your remittice slips. You have made the image that your SO needs you more financially rather than physically."

I also gave hints to the applicant as I saw the applicant's ex was spending the petitioner's money, but the applicant didn't understand. She got mad:"You said VO is protecting a US citizen, then why she denied me twice and didn't want me to join him?"

Her VO was a white lady. The VO is kind and the blue slip was "I want to see the two of you together communicating in your language."

The applicant got passed.

In some situation I think it's better to keep my mouth shut.

189547[/snapback]

I would agree.. and I think there are a few here who would say that their SO was in this only for the greencard, etc. Very sad stories indeed.

Advice is sometimes difficult to give and take... sometimes given but not taken! And your right: sometimes it is best to keep quiet. I'm often reminded of the saying, "by telling you the truth has this made me an enemy?"

Thanks for your input here.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
This is interesting.

In all, frauds would have these bases covered I would think. Communication/Visits/ Photos

Possibly I'm wrong.

I feel that the couples with a real relationship, but they can't afford  these items, in many cases get the short end.

This is very sad.

Really, it appears to be how the ball bounces in the final seconds.

No proof, some proof, enough proof, too much proof? No matter the case.

It seems to be left up to someones best "opinion" in the end.

It must be hard to be a VO. Let the bad guy through, make the good guy suffer. It would weigh heavy on my mind if I were in their position.

I respect VOs. I don't believe this is their intention.

(e.g.) Stopped by the police.

1) You say "yep," $200.00 fine.

2) You say "Yes Sir," get a warning.

We will also show respect, be calm, and confident.

Trust me, I do worry, but it takes so much energy.

E

189539[/snapback]

VOs are experienced. They got well trained.

VO is not a policeman. Policemen are infamous here. I'll tell you a joke:

A farmer drove his donkey to downtown. Donkey walked through red traffic light. Farmer was fined RMB50. Farmer got mad and burst out to Donkey:"Whom you think you are? a policeman?!"

Only policemen can drive through red light here.

At the interview, VO can see your bright smile and happiness when talking about your husband or fiance.

They also can see it on the pics.

In a fraud case, the expression betrays the applicant: distance when talking about the petitioner.

Ken

189525[/snapback]

189528[/snapback]

I too have to say that her advice and sense of humor is awesome!!! In addition, she has given tremendous insight on understanding her culture and their thinking. This help has been invaluable. I for one truly enjoy getting a different perspective from our Chinese family members here at Candle!!! As I mentioned in one of her previous threads, and I will say it again. This time just a little bit louder.

WELCOME SMILINGASIA!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

189535[/snapback]

chef4u,

1.Life is too short to be serious.

I mean on the same shoe, you can see one side Nike and the other side Addidas-:angel:))))) a pair for a few dollars

2. Age difference of 20 years is not a problem.

Age difference between 30 to 40 years is a minor problem which can be overcome by solid evidence of a genuine relationship.

3.Income Tax Returns and Affidavit of Support (I-864 for CR1, I-134 for K1 or K3) should be submitted to the Immigration in US.

If not, submit them at the interview.

From April each year, they'll ask for Income Tax Return of the last year.

In April 2006, they'll start to ask for ITR of 2005.

If the figures on ITR is less than 125% of poverty guidlines, papers of your properties, qualification certificates (diploma, training ceritificates for English n computer skills) of the applicant and explaining letter may help - it works.

The point is the applicant will not become a public charge.

Guest ShaQuaNew
At the interview, VO can see your bright smile and happiness when talking about your husband or fiance.

They also can see it on the pics.

In a fraud case, the expression betrays the applicant: distance when talking about the petitioner.

189559[/snapback]

......Farmer got mad and burst out to Donkey:"Whom you think you are? a policeman?!" Only policemen can drive through red light here.

:D  :toot:  :bleh:

The VO has the very difficult job of sorting out the real from fiction. Those considering or in the midst of the visa process should remember to compile evidence for proving a bona fide relationship. If you lack a common language focus on that point....

SmilingAsia,

nice picture with your  baby ! :D

You made this comment in another thread, and your only the second person I've ever heard this from...

2. If the applicant comes from the infamous Fujian province.

Eunice

188962[/snapback]

Also, when I think of the major cities that chinese ladies originate from, it seems to me to be: Nanning, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen... none of which are in Fujian.

What can you say about Fujian and the dense location of chinese woman looking for foreign husbands? And is Fujian the only one looked at closely?

189550[/snapback]

DavidZixuan,

Thank you.

1. There are more fraud cases from Fujian as they have relatives or ex who entered US illegally before.

For the same qualificatons, a lady from Fujian tends to get denied and strictly questioned, a lady from other place tends to get passed.

I met a couple (lady from Fuzhou, Fujian) in May 2005 and I found out their case was already returned to DHS: interviewed in March, blue slip but the lady didn't know how to prepare docs to overcome the denial (You cannot blame a Chinese lady. She has no idea what's Income Tax Return. It's beyond her ability and knowledge to convince VO she is different from a fraud case.)

The lady has a sister who entered US before and has legal residence now.

The couple met online but VO thought the sister-in-law was helping.

It's really hard time for the couple who got their dreams crashed without mercy.

I encouraged them to file another K3 and she is going to have her interview in March.

South China city Taishan also have fraud cases - 2nd to Fujian.

2. I think Guangxi was the first place where women started actively to seek American men and it used to be easy to get a visa.

Women from other cities started to learn as they think western men treat women nicer. Chinese women feel foreign cultures interesting. Langauge barrier n cultural differences sometimes make relationship interesting. It adds chemistry sometimes.

In some inland cities, people'd say you are out of mind to find a man online.

If you lack a common language focus on that point....

189579[/snapback]

A year ago I might of agree more with this thought.. and I've given my reasons in other posts why I no longer feel this way (clear declining trend of CFLers having a denial for this)...

What has not changed is that the 'photo' is still the NUMBER ONE one asked for piece of evidence... and I don't see that changing for reasons that SmilingAsia states; The eyes are the window to the person's inner feelings.

Too many interviews occurred in this last year where the chinese national spoke very little english and had to do the interview in chinese, without any problems arising.

My SO is a good case in point.. by the interview, her english was no where near ready to do an interview (we could barely talk!). They never even asked for pictures or any evidence.

I'm sure that another person with a seemingly exact case gets a denial... and so welcome to the human factor in the process--THE VO !

BTW: I don't mean to downplay the need to focus on that point since one must for the benefit of the relationship... As a statistical data point, I don't see the problem as much as last year...