American Citizen Hour

Beermann

Guest pushbrk
Oops, not UCC.  I meant the American Citizen Services.

209508[/snapback]

The person you speak to is a Visa Officer but they do not issue visas based on those meetings. You can ask them directly about your options.

Ok, after you've been turned down, an American citizen can go speak to someone about it on either Fridays or Mondays depending on the type of visa you are trying for.   My question is:  Can the person you speak to on monday (tourist visa) issue a visa if you can convince them you have no intention of immigrating.  The VO who interviewed my girlfriend took 11 seconds to shoot us down without even glancing at the supporting evidence.  So before take another day off work to plead our case, I'd like to make sure that there is hope.  Or is it just for answering questions?  Anybody know?

209343[/snapback]

The Chinese girlfriend of a US Citizen has as much hope of getting a tourist visa as her boyfriend does of getting pregnant.

Perhaps if she had found a tour group BEFORE applying individually, she could have come for a short time. The groups hold the passports while the aliens are in country. Now that she has applied individually, I wouldn't even hope for that. It's rare that a family member gets a visa to visit after the couple is married.

The normal procedure is for you to visit her in China and then apply for a Spouse or Fiance visa.

209391[/snapback]

Hello All

I am in China for a two weeks visit. I plan on going to the ACH in Guangzhou this Friday. If anyone has any specific questions.. let me know and I will ask...

Ok, after you've been turned down, an American citizen can go speak to someone about it on either Fridays or Mondays depending on the type of visa you are trying for.   My question is:  Can the person you speak to on monday (tourist visa) issue a visa if you can convince them you have no intention of immigrating.  The VO who interviewed my girlfriend took 11 seconds to shoot us down without even glancing at the supporting evidence.  So before take another day off work to plead our case, I'd like to make sure that there is hope.  Or is it just for answering questions?  Anybody know?

209343[/snapback]

The Chinese girlfriend of a US Citizen has as much hope of getting a tourist visa as her boyfriend does of getting pregnant.

Perhaps if she had found a tour group BEFORE applying individually, she could have come for a short time. The groups hold the passports while the aliens are in country. Now that she has applied individually, I wouldn't even hope for that. It's rare that a family member gets a visa to visit after the couple is married.

The normal procedure is for you to visit her in China and then apply for a Spouse or Fiance visa.

209391[/snapback]

Hello All

I am in China for a two weeks visit. I plan on going to the ACH in Guangzhou this Friday. If anyone has any specific questions.. let me know and I will ask...

209545[/snapback]

Yes, I have a few:

Where the heck are the papers sent since the first of the year? What's the bottleneck? Can the consulate bring in temporaries to help out with the backlog? What are the plans for dealing with this situation?

Thanks Stephen.