Looking for overcome info

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. :toot:

My wife and I have been busy preparing for the overcome. But I find myself a little unsure as to what I should expect. Does anyone know how long this process lasts? I am of course assuming that I should not expect to get the visa right away once their requested information is given. What do we have to look forward to? Does anyone know? ;)

I will be heading to the American Petitioners briefing seeking information but I wanted to get an idea of what to expect a head of time. If anyone has any experience with this matter explain what I should expect from this process. From reading the Embassy website I get the feeling I will not be to ask any specific questions. Does anyone have any knowledge of this process?

Thanks

My understanding is that the process was changed back in September and specific information is discussed one on one. You might want to take your file with you along with the request for additional evidence.

A few have mentioned that the VO can not make a determination on the evidence but is able to advise you so you have a better understanding of what is needed to overcome.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.  :(

My wife and I have been busy preparing for the overcome. But I find myself a little unsure as to what I should expect. Does anyone know how long this process lasts? I am of course assuming that I should not expect to get the visa right away once their requested information is given. What do we have to look forward to? Does anyone know? :unsure:

I will be heading to the American Petitioners briefing seeking information but I wanted to get an idea of what to expect a head of time. If anyone has any experience with this matter explain what I should expect from this process. From reading the Embassy website I get the feeling I will not be to ask any specific questions. Does anyone have any knowledge of this process?

Thanks

189386[/snapback]

Wolf,

1. You make an appointment with the consulate for submitting docs to overcome denial.

Your wife can buy a prepay card from her local Citic Bank, there are RMB54 or RMB36 cards available. They charge for making an appointment.

Prepare the following information before making a call:

1). Her passport number

2). her name, both in Chinese and pin yin, her birthdate and ID number which are on her passport

3). Her Case Number which begins with GUZ 200.....,

Visa category (CR1, I believe)

Date of denial

Then their call center will give her an Appointment Number and the date to submit docs

2. She will get the result in two days.

The result is possibly to be:

1). Ok, red slip, she can pick up her visa in two days

2). They want more docs or any stuff they can brainstorm

3). The case be returned to DHS

4). Depends on the OV

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.  :(

My wife and I have been busy preparing for the overcome. But I find myself a little unsure as to what I should expect. Does anyone know how long this process lasts? I am of course assuming that I should not expect to get the visa right away once their requested information is given. What do we have to look forward to? Does anyone know? :unsure:

Thanks

189386[/snapback]

Wolf,

1. You make an appointment with the consulate for submitting docs to overcome denial.

Your wife can buy a prepay card from her local Citic Bank, there are RMB54 or RMB36 cards available. They charge for making an appointment.

Prepare the following information before making a call:

1). Her passport number

2). her name, both in Chinese and pin yin, her birthdate and ID number which are on her passport

3). Her Case Number which begins with GUZ 200.....,

Visa category (CR1, I believe)

Date of denial

Then their call center will give her an Appointment Number and the date to submit docs

2. She will get the result in two days.

The result is possibly to be:

1). Ok, red slip, she can pick up her visa in two days

2). They want more docs or any stuff they can brainstorm

3). The case be returned to DHS

4). Depends on the OV

189440[/snapback]

Smiling Asia...good post. I was always wondering what people do to over come the dreaded "Blue Slip" BTW, I wonder why GUZ chose the color BLUE for this slip?

Thank You all for the useful information. I was not sure if I could bring anything with me. It's a relief to know. I'm hard at work now making sure all the evidence can be connected and provides the information that they require.

Again thank you all!

Edited by wolf190 (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...