Is It Hopeless

As I enter into my 17th month the hope to bring my wife to America is growing dim. I have been in Name check Hell since July 8th 2005. I have had replies from DOS, Marta Harty, Shanghai information, Guangzhou and now my U.S. Represenative that it is impossible to do anything as all inquiry comes up in security clearance and interview will be scheduled upon completion. There is no other information. You would think that they would have a data base that would check your case and find out where the file is or why the process is taking so long. I wonder if the file is just lost. There is nothing in our backgrounds that is out of the ordinary. It just makes you feel helpless with no answers. I am thinking it may never happen. I know there are a few even longer. My lawyer said it has to be delayed around 3 years before I could file a Mandimus. Sorry to complain in a open forum but after paying at least 5 million in corporate and personal taxes over the years and 4 years as a military veteran I could expect more from my government.

the security namecheck is done by FBI. i advise you to hire an attorney that knows how to contact FBI to push them to finish the processing. there used to be one case that totally spent 18 months in security namecheck in FBI. after negotiation finally they sent back the result to the consulate for further processing. the beneficiary went to the u.s. a year ago. i think you can have a try. it is useless to inquire other office when the clearance is not finished.

Tigress' recommendation is the only way to go - you gotta get to FBI at this point. Here is an old link (2003) that discussed one man's struggles with the name check process. Take a look and see if it offers any help.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=136848

One word of caution. The link contains a number of names and phone numbers and while the link is in the public domain, I would prefer that the contact information not be shown on CFL. Good luck.

Phnom, you have been stuck at NVC for almost 7 months. Mine was over 12 months and Philb sat there for 9 months. Of course it seems like a long time for you and I understand your concern. After all, many get through in a month or less. I can't see your timeline but it seems you were hung up for 10 months somewhere else (CSC?). When I emailed Maura Harty I made the email short and after the first couple sentences posted my timeline. A long drawn out letter about paying a lot in taxes and being in the military might not be the best thing to keep her attention. Keep it short, simple and to the point. She is busy and unless you catch her eye she might not think 7 months is long enough for her to act as she did in Philb's case and mine. I know you are grasping at straws just as I was but please keep the faith. I think you already have a copy of the letter I emailed to Maura Harty.

Be thankful you have been living with your SO in China and not alone here in the U.S.A. (if that helps).

Regards, ;)

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
As I enter into my 17th month the hope to bring my wife to America is growing dim. I have been in Name check Hell since July 8th 2005. I have had replies from DOS, Marta Harty, Shanghai information, Guangzhou and now my U.S. Represenative that it is impossible to do anything as all inquiry comes up in security clearance and interview will be scheduled upon completion. There is no other information. You would think that they would have a data base that would check your case and find out where the file is or why the process is taking so long. I wonder if the file is just lost. There is nothing in our backgrounds that is out of the ordinary. It just makes you feel helpless with no answers. I am thinking it may never happen. I know there are a few even longer. My lawyer said it has to be delayed around 3 years before I could file a Mandimus. Sorry to complain in a open forum but after paying at least 5 million in corporate and personal taxes over the years and 4 years as a military veteran I could expect more from my government.

186436[/snapback]

I read your post and I feel your frustration that you and your SO are going through. My SO and myself have been very fortunate through this process that we all must endure. It seems like forever to me.

If your Wife is worth it you should never give up the fight until you have exhausted all possibilities. Stick with CFL they have helped my SO and myself out a hell of alot. Like Yogi Berra said "It ain't over till its over".

You have to believe miracles happen every day. I do.

Good Luck.

You have my sympathies, truly. My SO and I were stuck in name check hell for 10 months, after which our visa process was expedited to an unexpected degree. The rest was smooth, and very rapid sailing.

It isn't hopeless. Continue communicating. If you have not yet written to your US senator, I'd advise that. His office will probably tell you there's not much they can do, but they will make an inquiry for you. DOS does notice that, at least they did in our case even though my senator's office told me nothing could be done.

And hang in here. There are quite a few of us who experienced ridiculous delays.

You have my sympathies, truly. My SO and I were stuck in name check hell for 10 months, after which our visa process was expedited to an unexpected degree. The rest was smooth, and very rapid sailing.

It isn't hopeless. Continue communicating. If you have not yet written to your US senator, I'd advise that. His office will probably tell you there's not much they can do, but they will make an inquiry for you. DOS does notice that, at least they did in our case even though my senator's office told me nothing could be done.

And hang in here. There are quite a few of us who experienced ridiculous delays.

186584[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice. I will heed tigress and Franks advice and try that route. Larry, I wrote a professional letter to Marta Harty. I was just venting frustration here. I am frustrated by the way our government branches are being administrated. FEMA is a good example. There are people having interviews that submitted initial paperwork after we received GUZ numbers. I am happy for them but it doesn't make sense. Its like their throwing darts and picking the file. I am sure there is a few that need extra evaluation but there is no distinct or logical pattern to the processing. I will keep trying. Thanks Again

186584[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice. I will heed tigress and Franks advice and try that route. Larry, I wrote a professional letter to Marta Harty. I was just venting frustration here. I am frustrated by the way our government branches are being administrated. FEMA is a good example. There are people having interviews that submitted initial paperwork after we received GUZ numbers. I am happy for them but it doesn't make sense. Its like their throwing darts and picking the file. I am sure there is a few that need extra evaluation but there is no distinct or logical pattern to the processing. I will keep trying. Thanks Again

186640[/snapback]

follow up with a e-mail could help tooo