It seems that the AOS without interview may be driving a number of the RFE's. The vaccination supplement (optional) seems to now be required. And if they are going for not having an interview and requesting an original certified marriage certificate instead of a copy seems reasonable. Especially if it helps you save half a day of vacation time or more for an interview.

But, it would be nice if they would be specific in their requests and instructions.

186896[/snapback]

I kinda thought along this line as the September

wave is now going through AOS.

Maybe the RFE is just a way to have some quick

contact/verification.

We'll see how things work out.

but you don't clarify why they wanted one after you already submitted one ? Are we to believe it slipped out of the packet and was never found ?

How did you setup/secure the packet ?

All these RFE's are a bit disturbing if we're to believe they simply have 'butter fingers' with these packets...

187848[/snapback]

David, you can choose to believe what ever makes you feel better.

Obviously having multiple certified copies of the Marriage Certificate is the best option.

I did ask why, they could not elborate, therefore I cannot say why. All I can say, its the government -- do you really trust them 100% ? (I'll save my scepticism for them, not you).

I don't think it is a case of securing the packet in anycase.

I can tell you that when we brought the Certified copy to the Infopass appointment, the officer did not think it was a marriage certificate.

Therefore I my working theory is that they want to something with "Marriage Certificate" printed on it (which our keepsake "marriage certificate" does).