Right Hand: What's the left hand up to?

Well, we just got a notice informing my wife to go do biometrics on 2/02. That would be cool, but ... um... we did it a month ago, and she has already received her EAD card ...

Well, I'll call USCIS on Monday to see if we should just disregard the notice, or if we should still go for some reason (I don't want it to mess up the process if we don't ...)

Well, we just got a notice informing my wife to go do biometrics on 2/02.  That would be cool, but ... um... we did it a month ago, and she has already received her EAD card ...

Well, I'll call USCIS on Monday to see if we should just disregard the notice, or if we should still go for some reason (I don't want it to mess up the process if we don't ...)

184986[/snapback]

Seems to be alot of that going around lately. The same thing happend to us over my stepdaughter's AOS.

I ignored the "second" letter.

A few days later I got a letter from the CIS acknowledging the biometrics.

It do make ya wonder sometimes, don't it. B)

We have been for fingerprints and biometrics a total of five times now. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a notice showed up, telling us to go again. :D

185176[/snapback]

This is why I'm worried we might have to go ... despite the fact that she got her EAD card ... which clearly shows a fingerprint and a photo ...

It's quite simple really- there's

a consulate/interview fingerprint

an enter the country fingerprint

an AOS/biometric fingerprint

an EAD fingerprint

an AP fingerprint

an ID/DL card fingerprint

and a few missing/undefined fingerprints so they can charge you $$$ and beef up their account balances!

And I would be willing to bet any amount of money that if a different set of prints showed up anywhere in any of these processes, it would go totally unnoticed. Does anyone really believe they check each set of prints each step of the way to see if they are the same as the last set?!?!? :o :lol:

It's quite simple really- there's

a consulate/interview fingerprint

an enter the country fingerprint

an AOS/biometric fingerprint

an EAD fingerprint

an AP fingerprint

an ID/DL card fingerprint

and a few missing/undefined fingerprints so they can charge you $$$ and beef up their account balances!

And I would be willing to bet any amount of money that if a different set of prints showed up anywhere in any of these processes, it would go totally unnoticed. Does anyone really believe they check each set of prints each step of the way to see if they are the same as the last set?!?!? :o  :lol:

185266[/snapback]

I'll bet that the more prints they take,

means they can report that productivity is up

at the DHS -- meaning they're doing a great

job protecting the good citizens of USA. :o

It do make ya wonder sometimes, don't it. <_<

We have been for fingerprints and biometrics a total of five times now. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a notice showed up, telling us to go again. ;)

185176[/snapback]

This is why I'm worried we might have to go ... despite the fact that she got her EAD card ... which clearly shows a fingerprint and a photo ...

185207[/snapback]

Viking,

Did your wife do the ten-print? Are you sure?

You say she did it a month ago and already received the EAD card.

The forefinger print and photo is for the EAD. For the AOS she will need to give all ten prints and possibly another photo; more than likely another photo.

Her I-797C should be stamped red with the ASC facility code and initialed and dated by the CIS agent showing that the ten-print and photo was done.

If you are 100% sure that she gave the full fingerprints and photo then you should receive an acknowledgement letter from the CIS thereby not needing to go again. You can try calling the 1-800 no-help number and inquire.

That's how ours went but a good piece of advice to all. Make sure all was done that supposed to be done at these biometric appointments. Never assume that it was done. Make sure before you leave the facility.

Make sure you get that ASC stamp on your I-797C.

It do make ya wonder sometimes, don't it. :D

We have been for fingerprints and biometrics a total of five times now. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a notice showed up, telling us to go again. :lol:

185176[/snapback]

185207[/snapback]

Viking,

Did your wife do the ten-print? Are you sure?

You say she did it a month ago and already received the EAD card.

The forefinger print and photo is for the EAD. For the AOS she will need to give all ten prints and possibly another photo; more than likely another photo.

Her I-797C should be stamped red with the ASC facility code and initialed and dated by the CIS agent showing that the ten-print and photo was done.

If you are 100% sure that she gave the full fingerprints and photo then you should receive an acknowledgement letter from the CIS thereby not needing to go again. You can try calling the 1-800 no-help number and inquire.

That's how ours went but a good piece of advice to all. Make sure all was done that supposed to be done at these biometric appointments. Never assume that it was done. Make sure before you leave the facility.

Make sure you get that ASC stamp on your I-797C.

185346[/snapback]

The new I-797C has bar codes for both AOS and EAD, for biometrics on both.

Previously we took the original I-797Cs (receipt acknowledgment - one for EAD and one for AOS) to get biometrics done, after we called up and got an appointment time (this wasn't as instructed on the letter, but based on advice from CFL). Both the tenprint and the photo were taken and both of those receipt notices were stamped, so it really seems like there was a delay ... basically I think they we were "supposed" to wait to go get biometrics for both until we got this notice, but thanks to our phone call, we sped up the process a little. Otherwise we'd still be waiting on her EAD approval.

UPDATE: OK, the right hand definitely has NO CLUE WHATSOEVER what the left hand is doing. Or probably what the right hand is doing either.

I called USCIS this morning, and after finally figuring out what button I had to press to speak to a human being, and after about a 2 minute wait (not bad, the machine said 1-3 minutes), I spoke to a USCIS employee. I told him we had done the biometrics already, but then received this notice. He said that usually if we receive a notice it meant we had to go. I said I appreciate that, but that this notice said we had to do biometrics for both my wife's I-485 as well as her I-765, and that the I-765 had been approved already, AND we had received her EAD card. He said he wasn't sure and asked me to wait while he transferred me to an Immigration Officer.

So, then I waited for about 5-6 minutes (not bad .. the machine said the wait time was 5-10 minutes, and I got to listen to lame music, and the nice USCIS recorded voice that told me lots of things like "The fee you submit is used for the application and is not refundable." "You should review your entire application before mailing it to make sure that it is complete." Etc.). Anyway, finally an Immigration Officer picked up the phone.

I explained the situation to her and she said that there had been some sort of memo about multiple appointment notices, and that some people might have to go a second time if the fingerprints weren't recorded correctly the first. I said, well ok, but that the appointment notice was for BOTH of our applications, and the EAD had been approved AND we received the card already. She asked me to hold on for a minute, and I got to hear the nice music again. After a couple of minutes she came back and asked how difficult it would be for us to go again. I said, not too difficult, but was it really necessary? Again, one of the two applications had been approved already. She said alternatively we could make a photocopy of the approved appointment notices and send them in. I said that sounds more complicated than going to do it again. She said, yeah, and it would be safer to go again, since if we don't go there is a risk that they'll abandon her application. I said, well this seems a little ridiculous, but ok. She asked me (very nicely) if there was anything else. And I said, well ... "Is this really who is protecting my country?" She laughed and told me to have a nice day. It was a friendly conversation; she seemed to appreciate the fact that the system is far from perfect.

So, I guess we go do it again next week. At least we only have a 10-15 minute drive (compared to the several hour drives I've seen some people have ...) I just hope this doesn't somehow delay the approval of her green card.

Part of our collective problem is that we tend to think logically and rationally. I guess we (myself included) forget that sometimes we have to think like a bureaucrat: "if the system says so, it must be correct".

Well, I guess more fingerprints are in order. My step son had to go twice for his AOS biometrics. As far as delaying the green card, I would hope not, but let me ruin your day. Jingwen and the kids all filed at the same time. It took a year for Jingwen and her daughter to get their green cards (one set of fingerprints). It took my step son 10 months longer (two sets of fingerprints). While I would not attribute the extra time to duplicate fingerprints (his case was transferred to CSC while the other files were not), it does make me wonder.

Good luck.

Well ... geez Frank, thanks!! ;)

We have the AOS interview scheduled already (as you can see), so hopefully, this won't mean anything. I know her I-485 case status was updated online right after we did biometrics the first time, so my guess is, this was just a computer generated letter and hopefully we're still on a normal timeline. Basically, I mean, we kind of jumped ahead a little by calling for an appointment and getting the biometrics for EAD, and this is when were "supposed" to get the notice, and hopefully it will all just go together. But who knows. Certainly not the 1800 No Help line.

My guess is that since the first biometrics showed up online shortly after they were taken the first time, a glitch in a program spit out the second request for fingerprints.

I don't think they would have issued the appointment for interview if they were waiting for something, but you never know . . . . .

Either that or else they think she has 20 fingers and were dissappointed to have only gotten prints of the first 10!!! :angry:

My guess is that since the first biometrics showed up online shortly after they were taken the first time, a glitch in a program spit out the second request for fingerprints.

I don't think they would have issued the appointment for interview if they were waiting for something, but you never know . . . . .

Either that or else they think she has 20 fingers and were dissappointed to have only gotten prints of the first 10!!! :huh:

186325[/snapback]

Your wife only has ten fingers?

Either that or else they think she has 20 fingers and were dissappointed to have only gotten prints of the first 10!!! :P

186325[/snapback]

Your wife only has ten fingers?

186398[/snapback]

Yeah - I got the economy model this time.

When she's naked, she can count to 22! B)