2006 Interview changes

I have heard from several people going to interview soon that their attorneys told them there are many changes in how interviews are done since Jan 1. I didn't find anything about it on USCIS website. Nothing seemed unusual from what they said the attorneys said. So has anyone heard anything about AOS changes? Or is this just a ploy to justify charging much moola?

I don't know what they were like before so it is impossible to comment on any changes. I will say the experience was nothing like what I might expect you would need a lawyer for. Maybe an interpreter though :) He went down the the list of questions about excludable behaviors (the one you completed at application), so if your wife is not familiar with terms like "political party", "genocide", "illeagal gambling", etc I would try to familiarize her with the list or at least advise her all the answers are no B) You can't answer the questions for her. Other than that if you bring everything that is listed on the notice ov interview there shouldn't be a problem. At least that was our experience (jan 11, 06)

Hi Dan

I don't know if you saw my earlier post about our AOS interview, but here is a link to it.

The particular interviewer we got (1 of 4) decided to conduct seperate interviews for me and laopo!! :P

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=181640

EDIT: OOPS !! Just saw your reply to my original post!!!

Nevermind . . . . B) :rolleyes: :lol: :)

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)

Last night my wife spoke by phone with two friends both of whom had recent interviews.

The Arkansas lady only understood the questions 'where and when were you born?' Her English is very limited and her husband answered all the other questions. She was not asked for any paperwork. Her passport was stamped before they left the office.

The California lady was asked the so-called standard I-485 questions as well as questions about how she liked the USA, the area and the food.

She was not asked for any paperwork. Her passport was not stamped and she was told to wait 2 or 3 weeks for a letter and then return.