?? about interveiw package

Guest wxh

Good Evening and Good Afternoon in China,

Can anyone tell me how many documents are in the interview invitation for GZ. My wife just told me that when she arrived home, she found the envelope in her mail box, it was opened already and it only contained one document.

Was is supposed to contain other documents or just the one stating the date of the interview?

Any advice would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

wxh

There should have been a form, in Chinese, for assigning power of attorney for someone else to pick up the visa.  This could be a serious matter in China.  It is not that expensive or difficult to find the right person to pay off for an official notary seal on a document.  Someone else could fake that paper and beat her to the consulate to pick up the visa.  Notify GZ immediately and tell them that she will pick up the visa in person and not to give it to anyone else regardless of what paperwork they may have.  I have seen "official" seals being applied to documents on the sidewalk right across the street from the consualte at Shenyang.  Japan, Korea and America have consulates on that same block.

Notify them by fax for quickest possible action.

Owen,

The package was P4 for the interview notice (not the visa pickup notice).

Hi WXH,

I wish I could answer your question from experience, but as we have not yet received P4, I can only share with you the information I found on the GZ consulate website.

I hope this helps...

K1 Visa Processing in Guangzhou

After we finish initial background clearances for the case, we mail the applicant an appointment packet of interview-related information. This packet includes an invitation to the interview, required medical forms and contact data for specific hospitals approved to conduct medical checks.

The Appointment packet includes:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Supplemental form GNI-2

5. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

6. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

7. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

8. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

9. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

10. Vaccination documentation workseet (DS-3025)

11. Medical history and physical examination workseet (DS-3026)

12 . Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

13. Nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa application (DS-156K)

wxh:

I just pulled out our Packet 4 (we made copies of everything) and it contained all the items mentioned in Argyle's post above. All of the documents, especially the medical forms, are important and are needed. The invitation letter for the interview has to be presented when she arrives. The medical forms are needed to complete the physical exam and that has to be done prior to the interview. I would say you have a problem here.

My advice is to write, call, and fax GZ immediately regarding this, asking them to send another packet. It might be easier for your fiance to do this as she lives in China and getting through might be easier. Further, I think she should report this to the local postal officials. It may not do any good but, at the same time, the officials need to be made aware that these official documents from the US Consulate have been tampered with. Also, have her take along the envelope. It will have on it stamps from all the post offices the packet went through enroute to her. It could have been opened anywhere along the way, or, by someone who just opened her mail box and took the documents from her home. In any case, this is a serious matter.

I would just point out to all who are reading this that this is a common occurance in China. I have seen it many times. That's why I was so concerned when I heard that some of the visa pick up letters went out regular mail. I would also suggest that you e-mail Richard Adams and let him know this has happened and express your concerns regarding the Consulate's practice of sending things via regular mail. If you need his e-mail address, pm me and I will send it to you.

I think Owen can back me up on this one when I say, mail service over here is a shaky business at best. Not that the US Postal Service is much better. I can only speak from my own experience here. Anything that looks important stands the chance of being ripped off.

Again, get ahold of GZ ASAP!

Hi WXH,

I wish I could answer your question from experience, but as we have not yet received P4, I can only share with you the information I found on the GZ consulate website.

I hope this helps...

K1 Visa Processing in Guangzhou

After we finish initial background clearances for the case, we mail the applicant an appointment packet of interview-related information. This packet includes an invitation to the interview, required medical forms and contact data for specific hospitals approved to conduct medical checks.

The Appointment packet includes:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Supplemental form GNI-2

5. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

6. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

7. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

8. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

9. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

10.  Vaccination documentation workseet (DS-3025)

11.  Medical history and physical examination workseet (DS-3026)

12 . Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa  application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets) 

13.  Nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa application (DS-156K)

You are short a lot of documents. Lynns P4 had all these named.