3rd party correspondence..

I have seen so much about 3rd party correspondence affecting not only the interview outcome, but more importantly, the emotional states of the couple involved. I was wondering if a person could write/email/fax/call GUZ prior to the interview date to see if there is any 3rd party correspondence?

Will GUZ give out that kind of info and if yes, can a person do something about it prior to the interview?

Perhaps knowing this could be helpful for people who may suspect a 3rd party problem............... :wub:

My guess is that would be a HUGE mistake. Percentage wise very few are victims of third party correspondence. Should you email gZ asking it may raise suspicions that will be extremely hard to overcome. Occasionally the best method of proactivity is a laizzafaire attitude!!!

The best policy to prevent third party interference is for your SO to share as little as possible with friends and acquaintenances regarding their pending immigration to the US. They can always say there are paperwork problems, lost applications, etc.

Old friends or boyfriends may get jealous.

There are some SO's that have seeked the services of less than scruptulous persons to help them with paperwork (such as those cottage industries outside the old consulate), to help them post ads on the internet, to help them correspond with potential suitors in English. In some cases there may be exorbitant fees requested and if the person doesn't get the fee they demand they can create problems by writing a bogus letter to the consulate.

Third party crap doesn't happen often but when it does it can be difficult and very time consumning to overcome while Guangzhou tries to sort out the truth from the lies.

Don't be paranoid about it, just stay as quiet as possible.

The best policy to prevent third party interference is for your SO to share as little as possible with friends and acquaintenances regarding their pending immigration to the US.

just stay as quiet as possible.

182411[/snapback]

After reading many threads about TPC's, that was our choice......quiet.

Not that there was any reason for suspicion, its just, well, you never know !

My guess is that would be a HUGE mistake.  Percentage wise very few are victims of third party correspondence. Should you email gZ asking it may raise suspicions that will be extremely hard to overcome. Occasionally the best method of proactivity is a laizzafaire attitude!!!

182401[/snapback]

Thanks for that Trigg, I agree. Her interview is just a few weeks away, and we have been preparing by discussing all the things that can go right and wrong and what we can do about them.

Agree with the lazyfair attitude.

I agree with Trigg...

but should you suspect something, just make sure you document it as much as possible. I know another member suspected something and then wondered whether to 'bring it up first' to the consulate... they decided on the 'laizzafaire attitude' ... no issue arose from TPC... but they were prepared if it had...

Guest ShaQuaNew

I also agree. The one thing the ALL attorneys in the US tell their clients is to shut up, say nothing, talk to no-one, answer no questions, neither corroborate, nor substantiate. Anything you say can and will be used against you....

It's not paranoia, just good sense...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
I agree with Trigg...

but should you suspect something, just make sure you document it as much as possible. I know another member suspected something and then wondered whether to 'bring it up first' to the consulate...  they decided on the 'laizzafaire attitude' ...  no issue arose from TPC... but they were prepared if it had...

182627[/snapback]

We know it happens, prepare documents they declare anything/anyone saying it's not a real relationship is BS.

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

I just want say a little bit what i think.The conslant give the 3rd party too much power. noever who is the 3th person. we canot tell couslant how to do and do what, but this is only what i think. if they have doubt, just donot give interview before they explain this things. not donot tell the couple and let them go thousands of KM to GZ and pay much heart and money on it. what they get is like a evil dream. if conslant get the 3rd party imformation, i think should be tell the couple right away, and not no chance to overcome! so they can talk about the 3rd imformation at interview! donot just"kill them" :lol:

ken... i think your right.. it does seem that they are quick to believe a TPC and disbelieve a one year petition easier than seems reasonable.

I will only say that if they get some 'word' that a relationship is not valid, then they are really in a hard spot.

I'd suggest that they require TPC to go to the consulate, sign sworn statements, etc...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Both the Beneficiary and the Petitioner bear the burden of responsibility on their case. You are not only required to complete the paperwork but to provide additional evidence any time it may be requested. With that in mind, there are indeed times when both the beneficiary and petitioner may be judged prematurely. The best possible posture one can take is to be prepared.

People here are giving you good advice. It would inevitably raise suspicion.

Imagine going into a store and asking the owner, "Has anyone come in and told you that I'm planning to shoplift? If so, you shouldn't believe them ..."

Now, if you were the store owner, wouldn't that make you a bit weary and suspicious of the person?

My guess is that would be a HUGE mistake.  Percentage wise very few are victims of third party correspondence. Should you email gZ asking it may raise suspicions that will be extremely hard to overcome. Occasionally the best method of proactivity is a laizzafaire attitude!!!

182401[/snapback]

good advice here...

182401[/snapback]

good advice here...

183191[/snapback]

We all agree. Say nothing unless asked.