do chinese woman like younger man?

Hi,

I have meet this perfect woman online and plan to go visit her and maybe ask her to come to america marry me and live with me.

I am 32 and she just turned 36.

We each have a child of the same age 5.

I read everywhere that chinese woman most always will only marry an older, safer man.

Is this true? Personally I think age is irrelevant and not even important, ....

Can someone explain this in more detail to me, I am new and ignorant but willing to learn.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that too.  However, if you loveone doesn't mind, then it wouldn't matter.

182300[/snapback]

I believe there is some truth that many Chinese/asian woman prefer an older (or perhaps the word should be more 'mature') man, and the age difference can be as much as a 30 year difference (21 in my case), however, as tonado already mentioned, if you both are truly in love with each other, then age does not matter at all. Love and security I believe are the most important factors.....

Good luck...........welcome to CFL and keep posting !

I believe the consensus here will be that, yes, Chinese women seek older men for marriage. From my own experience with female friends and acquaintances both here and in China, I have NEVER heard a Chinese woman say they were interested in a man younger than themselves. There was one particular friend in Beijing, Jenny, who I was trying to introduce single men to. Jenny is 36. There were more available men your age (32) and younger who were interested in Jenny, but she would not consider it.

This survey should mean squat to you and your lady, however.

I was talking with my wife last night about this...

we agreed that chinese ladies tend to prefer security first [found more readily in older men]; next love...

I think Tony said it very well...

This just scratches the surface of understanding the chinese culture and people.. you're in for a long journey of discovery..

It's kinda true, I think. Personally, I like older man (and ya, mature man) which gives me a feeling of security. Women always look older than men if they are in the same age, I guess it is one of the reasons why. but I heard that Chinese girls look young in their appearance. My husband and I were kicked out of a bar because I don't look over 21~~ :D

If your gal doesnt mind, then nothing could be a barrier. ^0^

Edited by peterscat (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

People are people, regardless. If there is someone you like, and they like you back. Seems that trying to determine whether they like you or not as to their culture or ethnicity is rather futile isn't it?

Guest pushbrk
That is what I kinda read all over the internet.

what does feel secure for a chinese woman?

I mean I make more than my buddies in their 40's, ... have a home, a child, ...

182330[/snapback]

I think if you make your relationship decisions based on statistical data about what "Chinese women" prefer instead of building a real relationship with ONE woman, you are likely to be very disappointed.

People are people, regardless. If there is someone you like, and they like you back. Seems that trying to determine whether they like you or not as to their culture or ethnicity is rather futile isn't it?

182333[/snapback]

it is it is, I agree, I am just trying to understand the chinese ways

182330[/snapback]

I think Money is not a big issue for Chinese women. As I said, women always look older than men if they are in the same age. So we Chinese women are worried about that our husband would abandon us when we grow old, and we don't look young any more...

So it's our wish that an older man would secure a warm, long-lasting love and we grow old together watching our babies grow up...

My wife told me once "I don't know why you want marry this old woman instead of young woman". (I'm only 3 years older than her) I told her

"since Chinese women look 10 years younger than white women I did marry a young woman".

My wife told me once "I don't know why you want marry this old woman instead of young woman". (I'm only 3 years older than her)  I told her

"since Chinese women look 10 years younger than white women I did marry a young woman".

182347[/snapback]

You're a real Romantic, Carl ! :)

182330[/snapback]

I think Money is not a big issue for Chinese women. As I said, women always look older than men if they are in the same age. So we Chinese women are worried about that our husband would abandon us when we grow old, and we don't look young any more...

So it's our wish that an older man would secure a warm, long-lasting love and we grow old together watching our babies grow up...

182343[/snapback]

you just totaly opened my eyes. For me safe meant money but now that you explained to me that it is to find a long lasting love, I now understand.

I was so blind, thanks for opening my eyes