Shipping Documents to China

I know we have covered this topic before, but I wanted to give you my latest experience with DHL.

I called and scheduled an interview for Lisa's Mom. I was told if I filled out the DS-156 online she could have an interview as early as Tuesday Jan 17th. Don't fill out online and wait much later. Well that was a no brainer. The only catch was she need the form printed with barcode on it and bring it with her. We had documents like the invitation letter and I-134 we had to send her anyway so it would just be included. Now these documents needed be in China within 10 days.

Every one knows the US Postal service is 10 days at best with no tracking outside of the US. UPS and Fedex are 7 to 10 days and I am not sure about tracking in foreign countries. So I thought why not give DHL a try. Might be a good reason our government uses them to ship important documents.

So I went to my favorite shipping store who is now a DHL agent. Cost about the same if not a little cheaper than UPS and Fedex. He called and they said 4 - 5 days. Wow, lets give it a try. Checked each day. It was tracked all the way. Including when it was sent out with courrier in Nanning and who signed for the package 5 days later.

You can bet anytime I am worried about documents that must be in China from now on I will use DHL. Just thought I would let everyone else know so you have an option that seems to be fast, friendly and reliable.

I know we have covered this topic before, but I wanted to give you my latest experience with DHL.

I called and scheduled an interview for Lisa's Mom. I was told if I filled out the DS-156 online she could have an interview as early as Tuesday Jan 17th. Don't fill out online and wait much later. Well that was a no brainer. The only catch was she need the form printed with barcode on it and bring it with her. We had documents like the invitation letter and I-134 we had to send her anyway so it would just be included. Now these documents needed be in China within 10 days.

Every one knows the US Postal service is 10 days at best with no tracking outside of the US. UPS and Fedex are 7 to 10 days and I am not sure about tracking in foreign countries. So I thought why not give DHL a try. Might be a good reason our government uses them to ship important documents.

So I went to my favorite shipping store who is now a DHL agent. Cost about the same if not a little cheaper than UPS and Fedex. He called and they said 4 - 5 days. Wow, lets give it a try. Checked each day. It was tracked all the way. Including when it was sent out with courrier in Nanning and who signed for the package 5 days later.

You can bet anytime I am worried about documents that must be in China from now on I will use DHL. Just thought I would let everyone else know so you have an option that seems to be fast, friendly and reliable.

182138[/snapback]

I have the same feeling about DHL that you do. I have not had any personal experience sending docs with DHL, but I know that NVC uses DHL to ship packages to GUZ, and DHL seems to get them into the Guanzhou region in that 4 to 5 day period.

They have an excellent website to track packages, and I have noticed that recently they have a cable TV campaign going that touts them as #1 in customer service. A customer of mine is a sales rep for DHL, and years ago I had never heard of them, but I know that due to strong efforts in sales, they are getting added at many shipping locations like the one you go to, and are gaining some major ground in shipping.

Personally, I think they are a good choice and are positioned to become a big player in the overnight buz, if they are not already.......

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

The DHL representatives I talked to during the visa process were all helpful and friendly. More so than the USCIS no-help reps.

They're giving FedEx and UPS stiff competiton.

I noticed DHL working my area only a couple of years ago. Now I see their red and yellow vans almost every day.

Go get'em, DHL!!!............... :cheering:

Guest pushbrk
The DHL representatives I talked to during the visa process were all helpful and friendly. More so than the USCIS no-help reps.

They're giving FedEx and UPS stiff competiton.

I noticed DHL working my area only a couple of years ago. Now I see their red and yellow vans almost every day.

Go get'em, DHL!!!............... :cheering:

182163[/snapback]

DHL has been the leading international courier for years, particularly for second and third world countries. My company has been a huge customer of FedEx for many years for domestic shipping. We just completed the switch to DHL.

I've tracked thousands of packages, and can tell you my experience with DHL tracking is supurb.

182138[/snapback]

Just a side note to your posting. I recently sent my wife some documents from my home to her's in Chengdu. I was pleasently surprised to find that now FEDEX did a timetable and track record all the way from my home to her doorstep. A large improvement in their service.

Unfortunately, the improved service didn't reduce the cost any! LOL