Want some help

Guest Guest

Hello everyone,

My so is lucky to get the visitor's visa in the late of July. Now her visa will be expired,but we still dont get married yet. We plan to get married next week. Time is pressure. I want to get some paper work ready beforehand, so we can send them as soon as we get married. I checked all your guys postings here, not having to find the imformation I need. What I want to know is:

1.I know I need fill in forms:1-485,1-131,1-765.What else forms do I need?

2.Can I download the forms from internet ? What size paper do I have to use?

3.I have a technique question: Can I fill in the form online?How can I fill in it online? Because I tried yesterday to fill in the form 1_485,but the form just doesnt let me fill in anything.

4.I was told I need the physical examination before I send all the paper work. I live in New Jersey, where is the nearest hospital?

Please help me as soon as possible, cos I am running out of my time now.

Thanks

Tom

Hello everyone,

My so is lucky to get the visitor's visa in the late of July. Now her visa will be expired,but we still dont get married yet. We plan to get married next week. Time is pressure. I want to get some paper work ready beforehand, so we can send them as soon as we get married. I checked all your guys postings here, not having to find the imformation I need. What I want to know is:

1.I know I need fill in forms:1-485,1-131,1-765.What else forms do I need?

2.Can I download the forms from internet ? What size paper do I have to use?

3.I have a technique question: Can I fill in the form online?How can I fill in it online? Because I tried yesterday to fill in the form 1_485,but the form just doesnt let me fill in anything.

4.I was told I need the physical examination before I send all the paper work. I live in New Jersey, where is the nearest hospital?

Please help me as soon as possible, cos I am running out of my time now.

Thanks

Tom

182026[/snapback]

Visitor's visa i.e. B-1 or B-2 does not allow

Adjustment of Status (I-485).

The visa is not a dual-intent visa.

She must leave at the end of her visit

or risk getting deported by the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Only visas that allow adjustment of status is

L-1, H-1, or O-1 which are related to employment.

Visitor visa? Marriage ? = Fraud

If you get caught at this game, your s.o can be looking at a 10 year ban from ever entering the USA.

From those of us who have done our time and wated fpr our wives and fiances to join us through the system provided by the government.

I suggest that your s.o. return to China, and you apply for the K-1 visa or marry her in China and apply for the K3 visa.

This type of thing is what has made it nearly impossible for our wives and fiances and their families to obtain visitor visas to this country.

Sorry, cannot aid and abbet this thing.

you can marry her and file the proper paperwork to keep her here. Of course this is not legal advice that I am giving you. lol

I did this on my last marriage. Brought her here on a visitors visa and quickly married her. It was back in 2000 so I don't remember what paperwork we filed. Sorry.

This is actually a topic that has come up here many times before. General concensus is it is all a matter of intent. If your fiancee came here on tourist or business visa with the intent to circumvent the K-visa process and get married then it is visa fraud. If on the other hand she came here originally on legitimate business or as a tourist and you two just couldn't stand to be apart and decided to get married then that is perfectly legal. It is a risk. The interviewing officer may not believe you. She very well could be banned for 10 years. The odds may be slim but it is a risk. If the risk is acceptable to you she will need to get a physical exam by a civil surgeon, file the I-485 and and submit an I_864 along with everything else they require.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
This is actually a topic that has come up here many times before.?0?2 General concensus is it is all a matter of intent.?0?2 If your fiancee came here on tourist or business visa with the intent to circumvent the K-visa process and get married then it is visa fraud.?0?2 If on the other hand she came here originally on legitimate business or as a tourist and you two just couldn't stand to be apart and decided to get married then that is perfectly legal.?0?2 It is a risk.?0?2 The interviewing officer may not believe you. She very well could be banned for 10 years.?0?2 The odds may be slim but it is a risk.?0?2 If the risk is acceptable to you she will need to get a physical exam by a civil surgeon, file the I-485 and and submit an I_864 along with everything else they require.

182072[/snapback]

May want to play it safe and have her return to China

after getting married and before the visa expires.

Play by the rules.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

See the AOS FAQ pinned at the top of this forum... you can see what is required to file for adjustment of status , after you marry...

You'll need to see the section on "Civil Surgeon" to see what is needed. The FAQ was written for those who don't need the physical since our chinese partners had them in china, but you'll need to get this and any applicable vaccinations.

I-131 and I-765 are optional... if you want to submit those as well, you can do it concurrent with the AOS filing and pay extra for them..

An hour consultation with an immigration lawyer might be a good investment...

I sense a little resentment from some members. Understandable since we all had to wait so long for our visa. Some may feel it is unfair. I wonder how many of us wouldn't have jumped at the chance though if we thought we could get our loved ones here quicker.

I sense a little resentment from some members.  Understandable since we all had to wait so long for our visa.  Some may feel it is unfair.  I wonder how many of us wouldn't have jumped at the chance though if we thought we could get our loved ones here quicker.

182103[/snapback]

Not really.

Just caught me at a bad moment.

I've had my dinner and am starting to cool off

and get back to a rational mode.

Enjoy the Weekend :P