Another help please.

Ok, I received the DS230 Part 1 but it doesn't ask anything for my wife to send, not even the biographic info of her passport. Do you think they missed to infrom us? They just asked to pay attention to the specific q's on # 4 - 7 - 9 - 20 - 25 and an instruction on q's #19. Any idea please?

Second is that since I am self-employed they are asking for my license on my business. I am a contractor and I do not have a license. I understand license is only for retails. Is it ok if I provide my letter head? Any suggestion please? I can also submit a copy of my license with regard to my financial services.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

They are asking for your license to do business. You have to have some sort of license to do business. If you actaully do not have a license - then how else can you prove that you do have a business? The tax returns prove this - but I'm sure they expect to still see a license.

Scott

Jakerhod, some states require contractors to have a license. I would tell them a license is not required in your state. Maybe you can provide some other proof of your business like a bank statement, credit card bill, newspaper advertisement or yellow page listing. Plus, your tax returns should show them a history of your business. No matter whether you are a sole proprietor, partnership or a corporation, there is information about your business on all these returns.

Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly!

For tax purposes no licence is required. That's how they brought down Al Capone. I believe all states require a contractors licence of some sort to do that kind of business. Most cities also require a business license as well. At the very least you should have a federal employers ID #.

I am self employed also. I have no license. There are many people who are self employed that do not have a license to do business. Don’t worry about this.

Guz wants to know you can support your family. I smile as I’m writing this. I think our tendency is to get so focused on detail we over looking the main objective. The main objective is to prove to Guz your wife will not become dependant on the American government for support. I am not minimizing the need to be careful and pay attention to detail. Provide unquestionable proof you can support your family. Remember we are only talking about “support” based on the American government’s poverty guidelines. I don’t know what it is for 2 people but for 3 people in my case poverty guidelines are $24,000. a year.

My opinion is the two main objectives CFL members have at your stage are these. 1. Prove you have a relationship with your wife. 2 Prove you can support your relationship financially.

Good for you. Keep asking questions. This is the best site to help you along your journey.

Thanks to you all guys, who have replied my question. The NVC send me another packet of DS230 with the correct instruction. My wife needs to send only her biographic info of her passport along with the filled-up DS230.

With regards to my business, I am thinking that aside from the tax returns that I submitted to them, they might want a copy of my invoice and checks as proof of the amount I received from my clients. As a reply to their RFE.

Ones again thanks guys for the support.