She got a visa

How do I find the Elvis chappel? I am with Jim......nothing tacky about Elvis!

Ski lessons will start shortly after arrival but not Aspen. I usually ski Keystone and Vail.

Vail is a great place to spend sometime together and to impress her with the beauty of the Rockies! I was there about this time of year 34 years ago and I still remember it as a great trip!

Owen,

I live about 10 minutes from Keystone so there is plenty of Rockies to see here. I just was just over to Vail and the snow looked great as it has been snowing for 4 days now. Fresh powder measured in feet. I may run over there tomorrow and hit the back bowls. Nothing like it in the world.

Vail is so great a place that I loved it even though I could not ski. Already was having problems with my knees due to my arthritis at that time. A bunch of Kansas college students wanted to go skiing and recruited me to drive as none of them had ever even seen the mountains and I at least had learned to drive in the winter weather in the mountains in Pennsylvania. Foothills compared to the Rockies, but the same driving skills applied. I loved the tremendous scenery and the town just had a great atmosphere. The fact it was all free for me in return for driving was an added bonus.

Good thing they got me, BTW. We left Manhattan Kansas under a tornado watch and hit a blizzard by the time we reached Wakenee Kansas during the trip and they were absolutely terrified. I knew enough to get off the interstate when we just missed a semi going the wrong way. He had crossed over the median without knowing it apparently due to almost zero visability. Found a lee spot behind a church for a few hours and took shelter at a nearby farm house at day break. Also helped that I was raised a farm boy as I knew how to smooze with them. The rest were city kids and obviously felt very out of place.

That was back before the tunnel at Wolf Creek Pass and an avalanche closed the pass an hour after we went through.

Congratulations Ski,

Finally you will have your honey to keep you warm on those long lift rides. Skiing also a great passion of mine. I love skiing the Colorado Rockies, but Utah is closer to me now. And of course on work nights, there is always the slopes outside Las Vegas. My fiancee is eager to learn, but looks like I have to hope for next season now.

Many locals here recommend me to Chapel of the West on the south end of the strip near Mandalay Bay. You might want to check it out if you haven't any specific plans yet.

When in LV, stop and say hello. I'll be the one with the cardboard sign that reads, "Please, will work for visa - any info helps - God bless." :unsure: