Does this seem correct......

Hi,

My local civil surgeon's office tells me we need the following:

Blood tests: HIV & RPR......

Immunizations: TD, MMR, and Varicella (if never had chicken pox)......

Does this seem correct to you guys?

This is about stupid!!! She had all these tests in China before leaving - but of course they do not give you any records - so you have to do it all again!!!

I can't understand what would have been so hard to give copies of these tests so they don't have to be done again!!!??? Oh well - good old US government!

Anyway - also - after we get this and the physical - I assume all that is left is to file for the AOS and work permit?

Thanks,

Scott

My wife says they did not give her any copies of anything!! No booklet from the hospital or anything. She said they kept everything when she entered the country. All she got was her passport with the small form attached ( the I-94 I think it is called?)

I called several civil surgeons in this area (actually all of them) and they all require a physical!!! :surprise:

Scott

Maybe you should ask what kind of physical.

Ours just asked about medical history (prior vaccinations included),

checked blood pressure and listened to her chest; about five minutes.

He checked her x-ray and gave her two shots.

In my view he conducted himself as a professional; I did

not expect him to be a rubber stamp and just sign off..

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

If she didn't get an immunization record before leaving China she will have some to do here, but you are only required to get the Supplimental I-693 check out the link Carl provides and get your printer warmed up to print what they are required to do, the person who answers the phone is usually single minded and does not know what is correct. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=165159

The key issue to remember is that you are NOT required to submit a physical with the AOS, therefore you don't need/want one. Ask them, "Why would I get a physical if I am not required to submit it?"

You are only required to have a I-693 supplemental filled out and signed.. of course, you must meet the shot requirements for it.. but can get the shots at a clinic or your family physician as well.

Keep calling around.. I called about 8 before I found one that would do just what I needed...