how to e-file for I-765 (EAD)

E-filing I-765 Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

1. Review Tony's thread and comments first on user ID issues: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6161

2. Setup a new login account at: https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/

3. Click on I am a new user?

4. Fill in account info

5. Start a new form; select a form from a dropbox

6. EXAMPLE: I-765

7. Enter information about the beneficiary, item #1 asks if this is for:

--a. Permission to accept employment

--b. Replacement (of lost EAD)

--c. Renewal of my permission to accept employment

8. Fill in subsequent form information on beneficiary

--a. Have available the SSN (if you have one)

--b. Have available A-number or I-94 number.

9. You will be asked if you have previously applied for EAD

10. When asked for your Immigration status, you mostly likely will choose either:

--a. K1 alien fiance(e) of USC

--b. K2 child of K1

--c. K3 spouse of USC

--d. K4 child of K3

11. When asked for eligibility status, you will choose either:

--a. If you are e-filing for the EAD after you filed for AOS, your category is ( c )(9).

--b. If you are filing for the EAD before you file for AOS, your category is either (a)(6) for K-1/K-2 or (a)(9) for K-3/K-4.

12. It asks for which office the ( c ) (9) is pending: Select Chicago

--a. A fill in box will ask for eligibility status information. Provide:

----i. I-797C, Notice of Action: Notice Date

----ii. I-797C, Notice of Action: Receipt Number (starts with MSC)

13. When complete, you will get prompted if you want to concurrently apply for the I-131, Advanced Parole (AP). Please note: If you want to file concurrently, you must do the I-765 as the first e-file.

14. You will get prompted to view the confirmation receipt. You can view it in html or pdf:

--a. HTML ?a one page summary with receipt number, date of submission, etc.

--b. PDF ?a four page printout:

----i. Page 1 is same as HTML version, with addition of bar code at bottom with the receipt number.

----ii. Page 2 is duplicate of page 1

----iii. Page 3 is the I-765 filled in from all the entered information, with bar code and receipt number

----iv. Page 4 is Additional information filled out.

After e-file:

1. YOU want to make at least four (4) printouts of your confirmation notice, preferably the PDF. One will be mailed with your supporting documentation. Two should be brought to the biometric appointment.

2. You MUST contact the BCIS National Customer Service Center, if instructed to do so on your Confirmation Receipt notice, at 1-800-375-5283 [TTY 1-800-767-1833] to schedule an appointment with your local Application Support Center using your Confirmation Receipt notice or your official Receipt Notice (I-797). The Application Support Center will collect a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint from you at your appointment.

3. Send supporting documentation:

--a. Cover letter, similar to I-485

--b. Copy of I-797 for I-485

--c. Two passport pictures

--d. Copy of front and back of I-94

4. Send to:

National Benefits Center

Attn: E-Filed I-765

P.O. Box 648000

Lee's Summit, MO 64064

Sample Cover Letter

--------------------

I-765 Support Documentation for e-filing

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Cover Letter For [Chinese partner] , Axxxxxxxx

[Chinese partner]

[Address]

National Benefits Center

Attn: E-Filed I-765

P.O. Box 648000

Lee's Summit, MO 64064

mmm. dd, yyyy

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find supporting documents to e-filing of I-765 for [Chinese partner] , Axxxxxxxx.

Contents include:

I. Supporting documents:

A. Proof of I-765 e-filing (e-file date: mm/dd/yyyy) with biometric stamps; Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx

B. Two (2) color passport style photos; in envelop attached to e-filing document

C. Copy of I-765 from e-filing

D. Copy of 'additional information' sheet from e-filing

II. Evidence of eligibility (I-485 pending) & status:

E. Copy of Notice of Action (I-797C) for I-485 (notice date: mm/dd/yyyy) with biometric stamps ; Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx

F. Copy of both sides of I-94 , Nonimmigrant Arrival/Departure Record

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Thank you for your attention.

Signed,

[Chinese partner]

------------------

Notes:

1) When you e-file, you must still send in supporting documentation, send to e-filing address given on printed out receipt online

3) Since one is sending in the supporting documentation for e-filing, I wanted to make sure to include the EAD Receipt Number from filing online.

4) Make sure to include proof of a pending AOS. A copy of the NOA1 for I-485 was sent. Since I already had the biometrics, I photocopied the NOA1 with the biometric stamps.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Please take some time out to view this petition and sign it. Would be very helpful if you could forward this to others as well and try to get as many signatures as possible before Dec 9th, 2012 (Target is 25000).

Any person applying for Greencard (GC), or in the process of GC, or in the final stage (I-140 approved) and waiting for their priority date to get current, all of us and even people who would be applying for GC in the future, this petition might be very helpful in allowing us to file for EAD as soon as I-140 is approved so that we can continue working without any extra stress of waiting for our priority date to get current and renewing our H1B status every year(s).

Greatly appreciate it if you could spread the word out and sign it.

For signing it please click on the link below, it will take you to the petition page on the White-house.gov web page, there if you do not already have an account please create one ( a very simple process of just signing up for free) and then sign the petition.

Short URL: http://wh.gov/98wq

Share this URL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-filing-i-765-ead-and-i-131-ap-upon-i-140-approval/FBSVvfQh

Please take some time out to view this petition and sign it. Would be very helpful if you could forward this to others as well and try to get as many signatures as possible before Dec 9th, 2012 (Target is 25000).

Any person applying for Greencard (GC), or in the process of GC, or in the final stage (I-140 approved) and waiting for their priority date to get current, all of us and even people who would be applying for GC in the future, this petition might be very helpful in allowing us to file for EAD as soon as I-140 is approved so that we can continue working without any extra stress of waiting for our priority date to get current and renewing our H1B status every year(s).

Greatly appreciate it if you could spread the word out and sign it.

For signing it please click on the link below, it will take you to the petition page on the White-house.gov web page, there if you do not already have an account please create one ( a very simple process of just signing up for free) and then sign the petition.

Short URL: http://wh.gov/98wq

Share this URL: https://petitions.wh...proval/FBSVvfQh

??

Note this forum is primarily about family based immigration, I-129F and I-130 petitions, and the I-765 in this case has to do with I-485 adjustment of status from a K-1, K-2, or perhaps B-2 visa. This is based on a pending I-485, and has nothing to do with I-140.

You may be better off posting this here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/