How to find a DHL tracking #

I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing how effective My Government works today. I called the State Department and ask for a tracking # for our Visa. I was told it was shipped on 10/21/05 and it will be probably 6 months before we here something. The State Dept. Rep did not know how to obtain a tracking number and told me I would have to wait. We are waiting for our P-3 since it was shipped on Oct. 21st. Any help on who to contact for a Tracking # unsure.gif

At DHL you can do a search by "form" (I-730). Then you can locate which package(s) could contain your papers by then choosing the date close (after) the date DOS gave you that it was shipped. Then you can ASSUME this is your package and watch it. But it is still a bit of a guessing game unless there is only one package anywhere near the date they told you it was shipped.

Good Luck,

Scott

Guest pushbrk
I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing how effective My Government works today. I called the State Department and ask for a tracking # for our Visa. I was told it was shipped on 10/21/05 and it will be probably 6 months before we here something. The State Dept. Rep did not know how to obtain a tracking number and told me I would have to wait. We are waiting for our P-3 since it was shipped on Oct. 21st. Any help on who to contact for a Tracking # :)

176171[/snapback]

It seems you were given a pat answer of six months. This means that is the time frame standard the representative has been instructed to indicate. Don't take it as gospel.

Second, it is not the DOS person's responsibility to train any citizen in tracking packages shipped through DHL. To track the package, you go to the DHL site. http://www.dhl.com/publish/g0/en/eshipping/track.high.html

Scroll down until you see Access DHL Tracking by Shipper's Reference and click it. As for what reference, I don't know and the page does not function properly for me to try it.

I take it you are waiting for P 3 but you say "since it was shipped Oct. 21st. To what exactly do you refer with the pronoun "it"?

I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing how effective My Government works today. I called the State Department and ask for a tracking # for our Visa. I was told it was shipped on 10/21/05 and it will be probably 6 months before we here something. The State Dept. Rep did not know how to obtain a tracking number and told me I would have to wait. We are waiting for our P-3 since it was shipped on Oct. 21st. Any help on who to contact for a Tracking #   :unsure:

176171[/snapback]

It seems you were given a pat answer of six months. This means that is the time frame standard the representative has been instructed to indicate. Don't take it as gospel.

Second, it is not the DOS person's responsibility to train any citizen in tracking packages shipped through DHL. To track the package, you go to the DHL site. http://www.dhl.com/publish/g0/en/eshipping/track.high.html

Scroll down until you see Access DHL Tracking by Shipper's Reference and click it. As for what reference, I don't know and the page does not function properly for me to try it.

I take it you are waiting for P 3 but you say "since it was shipped Oct. 21st. To what exactly do you refer with the pronoun "it"?

176176[/snapback]

Thank you for your information and pointing out my misuse of proper English and my lack of knowledge and waisting my time by contacting the DOS. Also your very helpful reply reminds me of a little story about two young ladies, one was a Southern Belle and the other a young Uppity Yankee Lady. The Southern Belle asked her new acquaintance in the true Southern Vernacular " Where you all from?" The Uppity Yankee Las said, "Where I come from we don't end a sentence with a preposition." The Southern Belle responded and said very apologetically. " Oh I do declare please forgive me for the for the error in my sentence. She continued and said " Where you all from Snob."

And yes "it" means our P-3 FYI.

I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing how effective My Government works today. I called the State Department and ask for a tracking # for our Visa. I was told it was shipped on 10/21/05 and it will be probably 6 months before we here something. The State Dept. Rep did not know how to obtain a tracking number and told me I would have to wait. We are waiting for our P-3 since it was shipped on Oct. 21st. Any help on who to contact for a Tracking #   :unsure:

176171[/snapback]

176176[/snapback]

Don't use this referenced link... doesn't work, use the following one.

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

Put I-730 in the Ref box and the dates and it will work... look for Guangzhou China shipments. There is a next box in the lower left to go to other pages... lots of shipments to embassies all over the world! Amazing they keep this stuff straight!! Some packages are delivered fast and others are "in transit" or "at gateway" that were shipped earlier... go figure!

Guest pushbrk

176171[/snapback]

176176[/snapback]

Thank you for your information and pointing out my misuse of proper English and my lack of knowledge and waisting my time by contacting the DOS. Also your very helpful reply reminds me of a little story about two young ladies, one was a Southern Belle and the other a young Uppity Yankee Lady. The Southern Belle asked her new acquaintance in the true Southern Vernacular " Where you all from?" The Uppity Yankee Las said, "Where I come from we don't end a sentence with a preposition." The Southern Belle responded and said very apologetically. " Oh I do declare please forgive me for the for the error in my sentence. She continued and said " Where you all from Snob."

176192[/snapback]

I'm sorry if you thought I was being a snob. Actually, I like that joke. :-)

I was having trouble following your meaning. I take it your case was shipped to GUZ on October 23, so the "it" refers to the case, not the P 3 itself. Since I wasn't sure, I asked. Do you mean that you have been waiting for your P 3 since your case was shipped to GUZ on October 23 or have I misunderstood?

I'm looking for clarification, not commenting on your use of proper English.

Guest pushbrk

176171[/snapback]

176176[/snapback]

176192[/snapback]

I'm sorry if you thought I was being a snob. Actually, I like that joke. :-)

I was having trouble following your meaning. I take it your case was shipped to GUZ on October 23, so the "it" refers to the case, not the P 3 itself. Since I wasn't sure, I asked. Do you mean that you have been waiting for your P 3 since your case was shipped to GUZ on October 23 or have I misunderstood?

I'm looking for clarification, not commenting on your use of proper English.

176197[/snapback]

The package shipped to Guangzhou on October 21st seems to have taken the slow boat. It wasn't signed for until December 7th.

Track results detail

Tracking results detail for 7914789396 Help

Tracking summary

Current Status Shipment delivered.

Delivered on 12/7/2005 10:05 am

Delivered to

Signed for by STAMPWhat is this?

Tracking history Help

Date and Time Status Location

12/7/2005 10:05 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China

8:51 am With delivery courier. Guangzhou, China

12/6/2005 7:30 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

5:24 pm In transit. Guangzhou, China

10/24/2005 7:41 pm At Gateway. Guangzhou, China

7:38 pm On Hand. Guangzhou, China

10/23/2005 9:33 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

2:21 pm In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

1:00 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

10/22/2005 6:23 am Transit through sort facility. Wilmington, OH

10/21/2005 5:24 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

3:05 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

Portsmouth, NH 038012901

United States

Ship To:

Guangzhou, China

Shipment Information:

Ship date: 10/21/2005

Pieces: 2

Total weight: 11 lbs

Attention:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

Attention:

Ship Type: Document

Shipment Reference: I-730

Service: International Express

Special Service:

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 12/16/2005, 8:32:39 am pt.

for DHL tracking;

You have passed through one more wicket of the process. DHL ships over packages quicker than the Consulate in GuangZhou can process them. Therefore, these packages sit in a customs facility waiting for the consulate to send over the paperwork to request clearance and delivery.

STAMP is in lieu of someone's name. If you think that your application shipped out of Portsmouth, N.H. on 10/25/05 then it was one of three shipments delivered to the consulate and accepted on 12/7/05. It looks like the gap is running 6 weeks going into Christmas. That is why 2 months from NVC to GuangZhou may not be too far off. Hopefully, the consulate will now put your application into the computer and send out the P-3 packet to the address you have presented.

I am in the group 2 shipments right behind you (11/2/05) and am hoping to see something delivered to my SO in January.

Keep in touch,

Phil

for DHL tracking;

You  have passed through one more wicket of the process.  DHL ships over packages quicker than the Consulate in GuangZhou can process them.  Therefore, these packages sit in a customs facility waiting for the consulate to send over the paperwork to request clearance and delivery.

STAMP is in lieu of someone's name. If you think that your application shipped out of Portsmouth, N.H. on 10/25/05 then it was one of three shipments delivered to the consulate and accepted on 12/7/05.  It looks like the gap is running 6 weeks going into Christmas.  That is why 2 months from NVC to GuangZhou may not be too far off.  Hopefully, the consulate will now put your application into the computer and send out the P-3 packet to the address you have presented.

I am in the group 2 shipments right behind you (11/2/05) and am hoping to see something delivered to my SO in January.

Keep in touch,

Phil

176288[/snapback]

Are you saying that if DHL shows "12/7/2005 10:05 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China" it means the package could be sititng in customs waiting for Guangzhou to pick up and GZ does not have responsibility for the package? ..........

Guest pushbrk
for DHL tracking;

You  have passed through one more wicket of the process.  DHL ships over packages quicker than the Consulate in GuangZhou can process them.  Therefore, these packages sit in a customs facility waiting for the consulate to send over the paperwork to request clearance and delivery.

STAMP is in lieu of someone's name. If you think that your application shipped out of Portsmouth, N.H. on 10/25/05 then it was one of three shipments delivered to the consulate and accepted on 12/7/05.  It looks like the gap is running 6 weeks going into Christmas.  That is why 2 months from NVC to GuangZhou may not be too far off.  Hopefully, the consulate will now put your application into the computer and send out the P-3 packet to the address you have presented.

Keep in touch,

Phil

176288[/snapback]

Are you saying that if DHL shows "12/7/2005 10:05 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China" it means the package could be sititng in customs waiting for Guangzhou to pick up and GZ does not have responsibility for the package? ..........

176341[/snapback]

Well, I'm certainly not saying that. Here's the earlier package track I posted.

Date and Time Status Location

12/7/2005 10:05 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China

8:51 am With delivery courier. Guangzhou, China

12/6/2005 7:30 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

5:24 pm In transit. Guangzhou, China

10/24/2005 7:41 pm At Gateway. Guangzhou, China

7:38 pm On Hand. Guangzhou, China

10/23/2005 9:33 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

2:21 pm In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

1:00 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

10/22/2005 6:23 am Transit through sort facility. Wilmington, OH

10/21/2005 5:24 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

3:05 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Notice the package "delivered" on 12/7 "arrived" at the DHL facility in Guangzhou on 10/23.

What is being said is that the package sits in customs until the Consulate has arranged for it to clear customs and be delivered to them. This often takes a few weeks.

I don't understand any of this. My case was shipped on 11/23 according to NVC. The next shipment I see is on 11/25 and then 11/28. The 11/23 shipment was signed "Stamp" but is also in transit. Both shipments went to Guangzhou but are also on the way to HongKong. But the destination says Guangzhou. Do they go to HK then back to Guangzhou? :) I'm so confused.

I don't understand any of this.  My case was shipped on 11/23 according to NVC.  The next shipment I see is on 11/25 and then 11/28.  The 11/23 shipment was signed "Stamp" but is also in transit.  Both shipments went to Guangzhou but are also on the way to HongKong.  But the destination says Guangzhou.  Do they go to HK then back to Guangzhou? :)  I'm so confused.

176373[/snapback]

Iluvmyli

NOw you really have me confused ....ha ha . I understand it to mean that if it is stamped as delivered , than the files are under the responsibility of GZ and awaiting entry into the computer .....When ? that I do not know....

Guest pushbrk
I don't understand any of this.  My case was shipped on 11/23 according to NVC.  The next shipment I see is on 11/25 and then 11/28.  The 11/23 shipment was signed "Stamp" but is also in transit.  Both shipments went to Guangzhou but are also on the way to HongKong.  But the destination says Guangzhou.  Do they go to HK then back to Guangzhou?   :)  I'm so confused.

176373[/snapback]

Iluvmyli

NOw you really have me confused ....ha ha . I understand it to mean that if it is stamped as delivered , than the files are under the responsibility of GZ and awaiting entry into the computer .....When ? that I do not know....

176376[/snapback]

There does seem to be an anomoly in the tracking information for this shipment number 7926445881

It shows as delivered on December 1st but in transit as of yesterday in Kowloon. You could call DHL for clarification if you want but my prediction is that they'll tell you that all entries after the shipment was marked delivered are in error. FedEx has similar problems with their web tracking from time to time.

I would count on the fact that your case has been in the Consulate for two weeks.