Didn't think it would be this easy

The interview lasted 4 questions.

Shockingly he asked me the first question.

He asked me what I did. Then looked through the I-864 and taxes.

He asked her when was the baby due.

Did she ever lie on the application?

Did she ever lie to the US government?

Please give me your passport.... Stamp and then explain the two year conditions. No problem I will mark my calendar. Elapsed time 5 min.

Think the secret was an eight months pregnant wife.....

One question: Any one know how long she has to wait before she can bring her parents here to live? She heard she had to wait until she becomes a US Citizen. I thought I read on USCIS site an LPR could file to bring parents here. Does she have ti wait until she no longer has conditions?

Congrats

--------------------------------------

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-130.pdf

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/immig...immigration.htm

* If you are a US Citizen you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife;

o Unmarried child under 21 years old;

o Unmarried son or daughter over 21;

o Married son or daughter of any age;

o Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old; or

o Parent, if you are at least 21 years old

* If you are a lawful permanent resident you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife; or

o Unmarried son or daughter of any age

Edited by tonado (see edit history)
Congrats

--------------------------------------

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-130.pdf

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/immig...immigration.htm

* If you are a US Citizen you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife;

o Unmarried child under 21 years old;

o Unmarried son or daughter over 21;

o Married son or daughter of any age;

o Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old; or

o Parent, if you are at least 21 years old

* If you are a lawful permanent resident you may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the United States; however you must be able to provide proof of the relationships:

o Husband or wife; or

o Unmarried son or daughter of any age

176087[/snapback]

Thanks for the info.

The interview lasted 4 questions.

Shockingly he asked me the first question.

He asked me what I did. Then looked through the I-864 and taxes.

He asked her when was the baby due.

Did she ever lie on the application?

Did she ever lie to the US government?

Please give me your passport.... Stamp and then explain the two year conditions. No problem I will mark my calendar. Elapsed time 5 min.

Think the secret was an eight months pregnant wife.....

One question: Any one know how long she has to wait before she can bring her parents here to live? She heard she had to wait until she becomes a US Citizen. I thought I read on USCIS site an LPR could file to bring parents here. Does she have ti wait until she no longer has conditions?

176081[/snapback]

The up coming baby is the best evidenc so... :D

I already congratulated you in person but here's another one CONGRATULATIONS MIKE AND LISA!!!!!

She can petition to bring her parents over now that she has a green card but she gets second preference and they would have to wait for an open slot because there are only so many issued each year. Sometimes it takes years. As I understand it once she is an american citizen there are no such restrictions and they can be processed much like a K-visa. The US citizen route is probably the fastest.

A little tip. File now and get that part over with. Once the I-130 is approved, it will languish at NVC waiting for a visa number to become available. When she gets citizenship, notify them and the case will proceed. Since you have to go through NSC for the I-130, it can save six months or more by getting this part out of the way now.

176572[/snapback]

Plus with the way fees periodically increase, you might save yourself some cash ... (let's not look at discounting the fees to present value people ... just the numbers ..)