• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if one airline charged less than $1000 for a trip, and another charged over $3000 for the same trip and same class.

My last trip to Russia, I had a heck of a time finding "reasonable" plane tickets. I paid about $1000, but most other tickets I could find were $2K to $3K.

I am always amazed by the variability of the airline prices.

I think there are several factors that influence the price:

1) Airline

2) How full they expect the flight to be (causing lots of price fluctuations)

3) Essentially a 2 hop flight should be proportional in cost of each hop. Thus a flight from USA to Japan to China might cost somewhat similar to a flight from the USA to Japan and another flight from Japan to China.

4) Code sharing may save money.... Allow one airline to book flights through on other airlines.

COMPETITION & SERVICES......

Up to recently I would almost always fly St. Lous to Portland via AA because they had a non-stop flight..... Now that they no longer offer a non-stop flight, there is no reason for staying with the airline, and thus the playing field has suddenly been leveled and AA may have lost customers.

Of course, everything is supply and demand.... Filling up the seats pays for the trip.... Empty seats cost money.....

And, filling up all seats at $600 when they could have been sold for $1000 costs money.

----- Clifford ------

As I recall I did find something different about the seat design, but this was only on their domestic airplanes, O well. American and China Eastern I enjoyed last time, food was good on American better than Delta and China Eastern was good, food beer and the stewardess could speak english not like China Southern where you have one or two that can speak english

Guest blsqueaky

I remember the last time I flew over and back, I took United. When I arrived in GZ, digital camera was missing, when I returned, I even security at the GZZ airport put secutiry tape on my luggage, and United in LAX searched one of the bags, and did not re-pack properly, broke 4 small tea sets.

This time trying delta, Columbus to Cincinatti, LAX, then GZ by way of China Southern, R/T $1120.

I remember the last time I flew over and back, I took United. When I arrived in GZ, digital camera was missing, when I returned, I even security at the GZZ airport put secutiry tape on my luggage, and United in LAX searched one of the bags, and did not re-pack properly, broke 4 small tea sets.

This time trying delta, Columbus to Cincinatti, LAX, then GZ by way of China Southern, R/T $1120.

So when are you leaving???

My 2 flights over were on JAL {japan airlines}. Went out of JFK direct to Tokyo. short layover and on to HK. On the flight back overnight at Toyko and direct to JFK.

I did this as a courier and paid $300.00 RT, got my pick of seat, not in first class but very nice. They have the tv screens in the seat backs, plenty of movies, and music channels, games. The hot wash cloth before meals and hmm think it was one full meal and snacks, all the drinks you wanted.

We will go back on them as now we have an addition to the family... Tucker :lol: but no he is not our son but our cat from my mother in law. This is Bea's first but to hear her talk you would think it is our son..

Jal is the only one I have found so far that will let him ride with us in the cabin, so lucky for us it's a good airline.

Mark