Interview With the Boston Globe

Hello everyone,

Today, Friday, December 6, 2002, the Boston Globe published an article about the continuing K-Visa delays. This was done mostly because Alan, just kept hounding the media until someone would finally listen.

Please go to - - www.bostonglobe.com

Click on City/Region and the complete story will come up. Story was very good, and mostly positive except for the obvious. The reporter did not want to place the term mail order bride, but stated her copy editor made the decision to place that in the article.

All in all I hope this will be seen by the right people. It seems there are more and more of these stories showing up. Hopefully, this trend will continue and more of the public will become aware and hopefully a bit outraged.

Thanks, Alan & Tony,

Bob M. :P :D :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just see that u guys are talking about it also,i got the article from my bf this morning and posted on 001 Chinese,now copy our discussion there for ref, :lol:

e-mail-order brides !!!!! (19×Ö)(enight ½ñÌì12:51 ÔĶÁ 1)

Ëñ! µ±ÎÒÃÇÊÇËÕÁª°¡!

i dislike it, (390×Ö)(april&jeff ½ñÌì13:15 ÔĶÁ 0)

though it's something to push for our visas,but i really dislike their words and some ways...

like all GG always hate to meet girls who'll marry them for GREEN CARD,JM who's in true love also hates GG to marry for a home servent,but not a love-in-life.

can't understand that at all,if for that,can't u just hire someone to do your chores,why go through all these long suffering waiting?

ÆøSÎÒÁË! (267×Ö)(enight ½ñÌì13:08 ÔĶÁ 0)

ob Malovich found his future wife on www. asiafriendfinder.com, where $65

gave him unlimited access to ads of hundreds of Chinese women. The headlines

on their ads promise unconditional love: ''Beautiful and easy to please'';

''Eager to build a happy home.''

I have read it (140×Ö)(bluejess ½ñÌì13:35 ÔĶÁ 1)

and also sent a copy to my GG and told him i don't like the tune of this article - i don't like the way they think about girls from China!!!

just see that u guys are talking about it also,i got the article from my bf this morning and posted on 001 Chinese,now copy our discussion there for ref, :lol:

e-mail-order brides !!!!! (19×Ö)(enight ½ñÌì12:51 ÔĶÁ 1)

Ëñ! µ±ÎÒÃÇÊÇËÕÁª°¡!

i dislike it, (390×Ö)(april&jeff ½ñÌì13:15 ÔĶÁ 0)

though it's something to push for our visas,but i really dislike their words and some ways...

like all GG always hate to meet girls who'll marry them for GREEN CARD,JM who's in true love also hates GG to marry for a home servent,but not a love-in-life.

can't understand that at all,if for that,can't u just hire someone to do your chores,why go through all these long suffering waiting?

ÆøSÎÒÁË! (267×Ö)(enight ½ñÌì13:08 ÔĶÁ 0)

ob Malovich found his future wife on www. asiafriendfinder.com, where $65

gave him unlimited access to ads of hundreds of Chinese women. The headlines

on their ads promise unconditional love: ''Beautiful and easy to please'';

''Eager to build a happy home.''

I have read it (140×Ö)(bluejess ½ñÌì13:35 ÔĶÁ 1)

and also sent a copy to my GG and told him i don't like the tune of this article - i don't like the way they think about girls from China!!!

well, I won't worry about that. Yuhui met me at a trade show late 99 in Shanghai :-) So noo noooo internet chinese babe for me,,,,,,,,,,then again, chinese gals are hot.. I can remember,, I think her AOL name was "hotlips"

\Juuuuuuuuuust kidding honey ! I got ya going didn't I ?? Wo ai ni tianxin !

Nice Enight,

thanks for your tip! thinking here for those GG who read English,but sure also supports Chinese,for it's A Candle for Sino-Us lovebirds, :o

and Jim,

U ever in NanJing? where's your MM,BTW?

And it's much better now that people's curiousity on foreigners,my bf was sick of "hello" from strangers in the street,but now it's much safer from such trouble here

and I've been in NJ for over 7 years,never got your chance to see naked-runner on the street, :lol:

When I first read the Boston Globe article, I was pissed off.

It just goes to show you the level of sensationalism in the US for this subject.

After reading that article, I almost feel that the reaction from the other US people is that we deserve these delays and the message of being seperated from our loved ones was getting confused with the "mail order bride" stereotype.