Marta Harty Reply

Marty Hartys office replied promptly to my request for some assistance in the GUZ Namecheck deadlock. It was the same tune, "The case is still in Pre Interview Security clearance". They tried but nothing has changed. GUZ # was issued on May 10th 2005. I just don't think there is anything that can be done. I am glad to see Larry finally was removed from his deadlock. There are good people in the Marty Harty office. They did say that they were in the process of changing the Namecheck procedures to speed things up.

Let's see if words turn into action.

Guest ShaQuaNew
IMHO:

Maura Harty is your best shot at finding your paperwork and lifting it out of the quagmire.

Phil

174362[/snapback]

Yes, agreed. We are in the unfortunate position of being virtually helpless during much of the Visa process. It's important to know your advocates and use them when needed. It's just a pisser that there is even less that we can do during the untouchable "security, namecheck, background check, blah, blah, blah," is going on.

However, there is a very important timestamp that occurs when involving DOS or other government officials in that they are accountable to show results. It's a sad fact that US attempts to reduce immigration by using heartbreaking and hurtful delay tactics.

You are doing the right thing....Good luck...

IMHO:

Maura Harty is your best shot at finding your paperwork and lifting it out of the quagmire.

Phil

174362[/snapback]

Yes, agreed. We are in the unfortunate position of being virtually helpless during much of the Visa process. It's important to know your advocates and use them when needed. It's just a pisser that there is even less that we can do during the untouchable "security, namecheck, background check, blah, blah, blah," is going on.

However, there is a very important timestamp that occurs when involving DOS or other government officials in that they are accountable to show results. It's a sad fact that US attempts to reduce immigration by using heartbreaking and hurtful delay tactics.

174364[/snapback]

I am sorry that Maura Harty was not able to help you with your situation.

I know in Phil's case he was over 9 months at NVC and mine was over 12 months. It looks like yours is 7 months if I read your timeline right. My only impression is that maybe that amount of time wasn't at the point yet of thinking it was an emergency or even falling through the cracks yet. We can only speculate at what length of time she will think she has to act. That is only my opinion. I didn't like mine at the 7 month point either.

I know that all of us here at CFL think it is way too long but maybe she doesn't look at cases like we do.

I hope it can work out of NVC very soon. Hang in there.

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)
IMHO:

Phil

174362[/snapback]

174364[/snapback]

I am sorry that Maura Harty was not able to help you with your situation.

I know in Phil's case he was over 9 months at NVC and mine was over 12 months. It looks like yours is 7 months if I read your timeline right. My only impression is that maybe that amount of time wasn't at the point yet of thinking it was an emergency or even falling through the cracks yet. We can only speculate at what length of time she will think she has to act. That is only my opinion. I didn't like mine at the 7 month point either.

I know that all of us here at CFL think it is way too long but maybe she doesn't look at cases like we do.

I hope it can work out of NVC very soon. Hang in there.

Larry

174377[/snapback]

I am in China living with my wife and will be forced to return home in January to take care of some business. I was hoping for a January interview but that seems out of the question. If it happened in February I could stay someway. My whole process is 15 months and maybe 7 in GUZ is lengthy but not out of the question. It seems long when you see most skating through under a year. I don't have to tell you this with your long wait. I looked at my initial paperwork and its turning yellow from age. Ha!

Guest ShaQuaNew
I am in China living with my wife and will be forced to return home in January to take care of some business. I was hoping for a January interview but that seems out of the question. If it happened in February I could stay someway. My whole process is 15 months and maybe 7 in GUZ is lengthy but not out of the question. It seems long when you see most skating through under a year. I don't have to tell you this with your long wait. I looked at my initial paperwork and its turning yellow from age. Ha!

174510[/snapback]

...turning yellow from age..... :D :lol: Sad, but somehow I believe you...

It would be nice if we could plan ahead, but it seems we often are not afforded that luxury. I wish I could be there in China right now....for that, I'm sure you are very grateful.... :wacko:

174510[/snapback]

...turning yellow from age..... :P :D Sad, but somehow I believe you...

It would be nice if we could plan ahead, but it seems we often are not afforded that luxury. I wish I could be there in China right now....for that, I'm sure you are very grateful.... :)

174558[/snapback]

Sha, You are really knowledgeable about the system. You must have done some serious due diligence. It might be a good part time job when you case is all said and done. "Just Kidding", I think.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Sha, You are really knowledgeable about the system. You must have done some serious due diligence. It might be a good part time job when you case is all said and done. "Just Kidding", I think.

174592[/snapback]

With each passing day it becomes more a possibility that I may well take my cheetos and move to China. Certainly if the US system will NOT let me bring my loved one here, that is the alternative. Didn't really ever think I would need to seriously consider such a thing when I first filed the petition, but now, it seems that China may well care more for its people than the US. Seven months ago I would have never considered saying such a thing.....