Yesturday, I phoned the USA Visa Information center in China (the one you prepay a fee to call.) I spoke with Elaine and she stated our Case Qualifying Date was Oct 12 2005. She stated that date is the date Guangzhou finished their part in preparing this stage of the paperwork. She also read what was on her computer which was that I had to wait (4 months) or (6 months if I also filed to bring children back) from my Case Qualifying date before they would send my P4 out. We do not have any children to bring back. Trying to get all the info that was on her computer I asked her what our Priority Date was. She stated that CR1 filing does not use Priority Dates. We did get a Priority Date in our P3 packet with our Case Number and Visa Category. She told she could not tell me when my P3 was received and that was no other information on her computer. I found that strange because I phoned the USA Visa Information center in China a few weeks ago and I was told then about the date my P3 was received.

Thanks to a post on this site CFL, I then called U.S Dept of State (1-202-663-1225 press 1, then 0, then 0, have your GUZ number and Wife's name/birthdate and other information available). They told me that my wife has passed her name check. She did not have the date she passed the name check but she was able to tell me that our P3 was mailed out Sept 6 and received back OCT 12 2005.

So the good news is Xinhui passed her name check. Now just waiting on a interview date.

Hey... that's one step closer...

I won't trust the USA Visa Information center in China that much. Called them back to confirm my interview date since I got email from consulate, she told me their computer has not updated yet. So, I much rather call DOS which I personally believe is more accurate.

I won't trust the USA Visa Information center in China that much. Called them back to confirm my interview date since I got email from consulate, she told me their computer has not updated yet. So, I much rather call DOS which I personally believe is more accurate.

172986[/snapback]

I am not at GUZ yet but from what I heard I don't think I would subscribe to this (dis)service. I think I read here that they only update their computer once a week and the operators are not that friendly or well trained at the "new call center". New doesn't always mean inproved.

Seems if you want updated information the State Department Visa Office in Washington D.C. is much more reliable and they seem to care more.

(202) 663-1225 (press 1-0-0 when you get connected) ;)

Larry

Edited by LiandLarry (see edit history)

172986[/snapback]

I am not at GUZ yet but from what I heard I don't think I would subscribe to this (dis)service. I think I read here that they only update their computer once a week and the operators are not that friendly or well trained at the "new call center". New doesn't always mean inproved.

Seems if you want updated information the State Department Visa Office in Washington D.C. is much more reliable and they seem to care more.

(202) 663-1225 (press 1-0-0 when you get connected) :phone1:

Larry

172990[/snapback]

I am also mad at Guangzhou consulate after I heard my CR2 might delay my CR1 and make me wait 6 months for intervew date after my name check finished :angry: It is ridiculous that I paid another appication fee and visa fee for my son, why it will take me longer time? besides my son is only 8 years old, what's the hell he need longer time? Is my son a terrorist? Guangzhou even said based on american law, so they adpot this way. :o Hey guys has anybody here heard any american law like this one? :unsure: I applied CR1 and K3 both in last Nov, K3 is supposed to speed up my CR1, but it donest work at all. My CR1 was sent to Guangzhou on 28th July, and name check is finished on 11th Oct. I once thought maybe I can get interview in Jan. Right now I was shocked to hear CR1 filing doesnt use priority date? why? Before my case sent Guangzhou, NVC sent us a letter and told us not to contact Guangzhou untill our priority date is eligible. My husband believes it and refused to call DOS or Guangzhou, but now priority date is no use at all? :angry: First come , first service. It works everywhere, Why it doenst work here? we applied earlier, and we paid the same fees, my name check is not in black hole, but my case are much slower than others? especially those ladys who applied in April or May this year?? ;) I know I am not a patient person, but I tried my best for this freak visa, 13 months waiting :( I just want fair, am I wrong? I am extremly mad now :angry: :angry: :angry: I have told my husband to write a complain letter to congressman, senator, and Guangzhou. Does anyone here know TX congressman email address? my husband cant find email address on line. Any help will be appreciate.

172986[/snapback]

Visa center told my SO that GZ updates their computer every monday. So some info is already aged.