G-325 FBI NAMECHECK?

We were told by the interviewing officer that my stepdaughter's I-551 will not be issued today because the namecheck has not been completed.

The IO asked to see our ID. All that was asked for from me was my 2003, 2004 tax return with w-2's and a letter of employment. The IO didn't want the I-864. The IO collected the I-693 from me only after I reminded the IO of it.

That was it.

The IO said wait 180 days has passed before making an inquiry.

So now we wait with others in namecheck limbo.

"No greencard for you!".. :angry:

We were told by the interviewing officer that my stepdaughter's I-551 will not be issued today because the namecheck has not been completed.

The IO asked to see our ID. All that was asked for from me was my 2003, 2004 tax return with w-2's and a letter of employment. The IO didn't want the I-864. The IO collected the I-693 from me only after I reminded the IO of it.

That was it.

The IO said wait 180 days has passed before making an inquiry.

So now we wait with others in namecheck limbo.

"No greencard for you!".. ;)

172972[/snapback]

Same thing happenned to us. It's no big thing but we didn't wait 180 days. After 150 I called UCIS. Thye said "why did you wait so long to call" and did a 30 day inquiry. Less than a week later we got her greencard in the mail and the next day got a letter form the service center stating they are looking into it. Looks like it sat on someones desk until we filed the inquiry then "Oh damn!! Best send this thing!!"

Ahh, same with the vac sup ecxept I never reminded them. I still have it in the sealed envelope!!!!!

Edited by Trigg (see edit history)
Why do these people ask for the documents that were necessary for the creation of documents that they already have????  Like the W2s?  I mean "DUH!!".

173244[/snapback]

Because they are, they are, redun redundant.

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

Why do these people ask for the documents that were necessary for the creation of documents that they already have????  Like the W2s?  I mean "DUH!!".

173244[/snapback]

Because they are, they are, redun redundant.

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

173246[/snapback]

I'm surprised you don't have to bring a "Certification of Being Alive" to the interviews. You know, a physician's certification that you are not dead. :lol:

I'm surprised you don't have to bring a "Certification of Being Alive" to the interviews.  You know, a physician's certification that you are not dead.  :lol:

173248[/snapback]

Oh but you do,,,yur birth certificate!

It's like Trigg said; department of redundancy.

At these AOS interviews, the IO has your case folder, put together in a two-hole type file folder and as thick as the Atlanta Yellow Pages. So, they have everything you mailed in, and then some.

I sure you're glad that this is almost over. Too bad you couldn't get the I-551 stamp. I agree that it would have been nice if the namechecks were conducted while the application was pending, but I'll bet that the files aren't even touched until they reach the top of the pile. I guess initiating the namecheck when the application is first filed just makes too much sense for a bureaucracy. ;)