I have the IRS transcripts for 2002 and 2003 from calling the IRS a month ago in preparation for the P3, but because both included the ex-wife, the lawyer said I needed the transcript for 2003 that has the W2 information. WTF? So I have W2s for 2002, 2004 all from the current employer. Can't find 2003 ;)

Lawyer's office claims that the IRS can provide but the number he gave ((800) 829-1040) when I called, can't find anyone to talk to or a means of getting any other transcript.

In the meantime I've asked my employer to provide a copy, they don't yet know how long that will take from ADP.

Any suggestions for this flying 'as is'? Any other IRS number to call?

Aarrrrgggghhhh!!! I want to get the &$*# P3 back now! :angry:

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

I also had misplaced a W-2 for one of the years. I simply went over to one of the IRS field offices, filled out a request form for my W-2, provided the identifying information, waited about 10 minutes and got a print out of the W-2. This happened a couple of years ago, so I don't know if the service is still offered.

are we required to proved W2's for our SO's interview?  More then one year required?

172928[/snapback]

Technically, no. The letter from the employer is supposed to be all that is required, but many people provide the W-2 and provide three years' worth.

172933[/snapback]

for the I-864, at least, the W-2 forms are only required if you filed for a joint return and only using your own income to qualify.

I provided them anyway, though, just in case.