Yet Another AOS Challange

Ok, Now that she has been here for 3 weeks now, we have her State ID, her SSN (Valid for work only with DHS Auth.) , We are also Now Married, (as of 2 weeks ago) Now comes the fun part. Now that we are married, dose her status change, and if so, How? She came here on a K-1, so now what I am thinking is that if it does change, would it change to a K3 stauts, or what?

I am TOTALY CONFUSED!!

Looking at the I-765, there at the bottom, it is asking for a 3 part number (xxx) (xxx) (xxx)

Looking at the section & #2, Im not too sure as to what to select to put in those boxes.

Any Clarification? Thanks

Oh yeah, Instead of making Numerous posts in reguards to the remaining process of our course of action, I hope that no one minds if I continue to just post all our questions that may come up in this one post. To us, this will help us to be able to keep track of our course of actions as well as a great records keeper.

Thanks

Now that we are married, dose her status change, and if so, How? She came here on a K-1, so now what I am thinking is that if it does change, would it change to a K3 stauts, or what?

Her status does not change upon marriage. Her status technically changes once you file the I-485. Under http://www.americanlaw.com/unlawfulmemo1.html "Aliens with properly filed applications for adjustment of status under both sections 245(a) and 245(i) of the Act will be considered aliens present in the United States under a period of stay authorized by the Attorney General."

Looking at the I-765, there at the bottom, it is asking for a 3 part number (xxx) (xxx) (xxx)

Looking at the section & #2, Im not too sure as to what to select to put in those boxes.

Presumably, you're referring to Question 16 of the I-765. If you are filing the I-765 along with the I-485 the category is (c )(9)( ). If you are filing the I-765 for a 90 day EAD prior to filing the I-485, the category is (a)(6)( ). The 90 day EAD is a waste of time and money. File the I-765 along with the I-485 and use (c )(9)( ).

Guest ShaQuaNew

Not sure if this information is pinned anywhere. I try to avoid saturating my mind with too much information until I get to the bridge where I need to know it. So, with that said, does this live somewhere in the FAQ or Links and Resources? Perhaps we can pin it to this page?

Ok, that form is complete. Now

Am I to understand correctly that we will need to fill out yet another set of the forms G-325a forms? if so, do we fill it out using her married name now or just like we did the first time with the first set that I sent in along with the orriginal application?

Thanks

Not sure if this information is pinned anywhere. I try to avoid saturating my mind with too much information until I get to the bridge where I need to know it. So, with that said, does this live somewhere in the FAQ or Links and Resources? Perhaps we can pin it to this page?

172779[/snapback]

The AOS FAQ is pinned [for now] in this forum...

Ok, here is how I am setting up the AOS Packet and would like some input as well as information.

Packet A: I-765

Packet B: I-485

Containing the following: A copy of her Birth Papers, Complete copy of her passport, Copy of I-94, Copy of SSN Card, Copy of State Issued ID, Copy of Marraige Lisence. (Will be adding to this packet the I-693 and copies of all of her medical documents that we had done before she left china.

Packet C: Form G-325

Packet D: Form I-864

Containing the following: Past 3 years of Tax records, Employment Letter, Copy of My birth certificate, Copy of My Complete Passport with Issued Visas.

Is there anything that I am leaving Out?

For some reason I am thinking that I will need to supply a copy of any & All divorces but I am not too sure as to what packet to include it in.

Ok all, Go for the free for all, Let me have it, LOL

You pretty much have it J. Fill out all the forms using her legal married name. If she is taking your last name then fill out the forms that way. Make a seperate check for the finger print fee and make sure you have all the most current fee amounts

good luck.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Well, they never had asked for the Divorce papers at any time during any of the previous steps, so I figured that I would have to present them this go round. If no one asks for them well, that woill be more money wasted , LOL

What's the deal about a 2 hole punch for the Documents? This is the first time I heard that one. Which ones get it, which ones dont? And where do I punch them, besides right in the nose LMAO :P

Thanks

What's the deal about a 2 hole punch for the Documents? This is the first time I heard that one. Which ones get it, which ones dont? And where do I punch them, besides right in the nose LMAO :P 

Thanks

173157[/snapback]

See the pinned AOS FAQ.. in the AOS section , see :

Q. How do I put together the package for AOS?