Waiting on P3, what are my Options??

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile, trying to gain a better understanding of the Visa process, and I've been impressed by all the knowledge everyone here has shown. Things have been going pretty well on my and my fiancee's (her name is Li :rolleyes: ) K1 Visa petition up to this point. But now It seems like it has stalled out and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do next...

I called the State Department and they said that Guangzhou shipped out the P3 on 11/03/05, but she still hasn't gotten it yet. When we ship something to each other it takes about 10 days, so it seems like it should have arrived by now. What should I do???

Can she go to Guangzhou and pick up the P3 in person (I'll spring for a plane ticket and hotel room if that will speed things up)? How can I get ahold of someone at Guangzhou and make sure they have the correct address and have them send another P3 package if that is the only option?

Thanks for any advice that you can give, I'm not good at dealing with paperwork like this (I'm a bit disorganized), and this is getting stressful...

Walter

Edited by herowithoutacause (see edit history)
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile, trying to gain a better understanding of the Visa process, and I've been impressed by all the knowledge everyone here has shown. Things have been going pretty well on my and my fiancee's (her name is Li :rolleyes: ) K1 Visa petition up to this point. But now It seems like it has stalled out and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do next...

I called the State Department and they said that Guangzhou shipped out the P3 on 11/03/05, but she still hasn't gotten it yet. When we ship something to each other it takes about 10 days, so it seems like it should have arrived by now. What should I do???

Can she go to Guangzhou and pick up the P3 in person (I'll spring for a plane ticket and hotel room if that will speed things up)? How can I get ahold of someone at Guangzhou and make sure they have the correct address and have them send another P3 package if that is the only option?

Thanks for any advice that you can give, I'm not good at dealing with paperwork like this (I'm a bit disorganized), and this is getting stressful...

Walter

172713[/snapback]

hiya!

you can simply look at my case and hope it would probably gives you some insightful idea about what this P3-fuss is about.

Good luck!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13950

-FYI

My SO never received the first P3 package supposedly sent by the Embassy on April 8. On May 3 we contacted the embassy to send another package. The Embassy requested that my fiancee fax them her mailing address in Chinese characters at 86-20-8121-8341 before they would send a second mailing. She received the second mailing on May 16.

About a week later I received P3 in the US. I don't know if that was the first package that was sent to me by mistake or if they automatically send a copy to the sponser when a second mailing request is made.

The bottom line is that you should either email or call the embassy to re-send the P-3. The P4/interview dates seem to be based on the embassy receiving the completed P3. Our interview was a month behind others who had filed around the same time. The longer you wait for the P3, the longer you wait for the K-1 visa.

Good luck.

Several members, including myself, have had similar problems with getting the P3. According to USCONGUZ, the consulate uses the Chinese address on the I-129F to send the P3, so it might be that this address had a typo or something, but I would not dally. Press GZ to re-send the P3 and fax or otherwise give them the proper address in Chinese. The sooner you get the P3 completed and returned, the better.