Name check in AOS

My husband and I had our AOS interview in Septamber. First it was scheduled for August and then they delayed it until September. Then we went to the interview and everything was fine- we passed- but they were still doing a name check on him. Now it is almost December and the name check continues. We have had to reapply for his EAD and will probably have to do the same for the AP- I'm waiting until January to see whether he clears his name check before then. We live in Tennessee. I'm wondering whether things are just slow here or if our case is messed up. Now my husband has been asking about it every day and driving me crazy because I am worried myself and trying to ignore my fears.

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I had our AOS interview in Septamber. First it was scheduled for August and then they delayed it until September. Then we went to the interview and everything was fine- we passed- but they were still doing a name check on him. Now it is almost December and the name check continues. We have had to reapply for his EAD and will probably have to do the same for the AP- I'm waiting until January to see whether he clears his name check before then. We live in Tennessee. I'm wondering whether things are just slow here or if our case is messed up. Now my husband has been asking about it every day and driving me crazy because I am worried myself and trying to ignore my fears.

172542[/snapback]

Did you get the stamp on the interview day? I don't know why they still doing the name check after AOS interview. I went to local Immi office twice and been told name checking pending and they gave me an email address to email FBI, and I never received info from fbi. Called 1-800, and a lady said, you need contact your local office.

172542[/snapback]

Hey Syl, if you remember we had the same thing with the step daughter. we waited and waited and finnaly I called UCIS and they filed whatever they file to trace everythin--well 5 days after I called--WaLa, green card. Maybe ya need to call 'em??

172542[/snapback]

Hey Syl, if you remember we had the same thing with the step daughter. we waited and waited and finnaly I called UCIS and they filed whatever they file to trace everythin--well 5 days after I called--WaLa, green card. Maybe ya need to call 'em??

176063[/snapback]

I called the 1-800 # today, and a lady asked confirmation #, I don't what number it is, then the lady said without the # i cannot help.

When you call 1-800, did they ask you any #?

By the way, my wife had her GC interview in July, still no GC.

I am sitting at about 1 year in AOS "name Check" 2 weeks ago I sent out about 6 letters to different people complaining still no response. hell I even called the number for the FBI all I got was a recording to leave info, that was 4-6 months ago, where do we go to raise hell and be heard.

176251[/snapback]

Wow .. that sucks. Have you spoken with a lawyer yet?

Normally, I'm a DIY guy for immigration stuff, but that's a long wait if you have no one to contact ...

I am sitting at about 1 year in AOS "name Check" 2 weeks ago I sent out about 6 letters to different people complaining still no response. hell I even called the number for the FBI all I got was a recording to leave info, that was 4-6 months ago, where do we go to raise hell and be heard.

176251[/snapback]

Wow .. that sucks. Have you spoken with a lawyer yet?

Normally, I'm a DIY guy for immigration stuff, but that's a long wait if you have no one to contact ...

176252[/snapback]

no not yet my next step will be to contact a few news outlets or worst case piss somebody off that seems to work a lot of the time in other walks of life.