She Made it Home!

:blush: Just wanted to update you all...

My laopo arrived here in the US on the 20th of this month...no problems at all! I am so relieved and finding out how much I really missed her all these months! :unsure:

She has already adjusted...my family loves her...and she loves her new home. WOW! I couldn't ask for anything more....

...Well...ok....one thing I would ask for is that this AOS thing was underway! :blink: Seems we don't have a copy of the medical check she had in GZ...so does that mean we have to have another med check here to send in with the AOS paperwork?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

R

No you wont need a copy of the med check.  you will however need to go to a civil surgeon and get an I-693 supplimental for her vaccinations.

172438[/snapback]

Thanks...so does that mean I need to check into vaccinations for her before I file for the AOS? Is there a list of vaccinations needed somewhere I can look at?

No you wont need a copy of the med check.  you will however need to go to a civil surgeon and get an I-693 supplimental for her vaccinations.

172438[/snapback]

Thanks...so does that mean I need to check into vaccinations for her before I file for the AOS? Is there a list of vaccinations needed somewhere I can look at?

172441[/snapback]

There's a list on the USCIS website somewhere.

Whatever shot records you have for your wife, have them handy for the civil surgeon you use. There is also a list of these doctors on the USCIS web.

Typically, the shots needed are the Tetanus/Diptheria and varicella (chicken pox) if she hasn't had the chicken pox.

Thank you for all the congrats, everyone!

I guess I'm really slow...but I'm not sure where to start with the AOS. Can anyone explain this thing to me? Here's the situation: She doesn't have an immunization record...so is this the first thing we should do? Get her shots? I know we need some sort of medical record for the AOS...and only with a NOA for the AOS can we start the EAD...is this correct? HELP! B)

R ;)

First, congratulations on your wife's arrival.

I'll take a stab at the AOS process. At a very high level, you will need to file the I-485 along with the G-325A, I-864, and supporting documentation. A good place to look for what needs to go with the application is http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1k3aos

Here's a link to the vaccination supplement question: http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#whatare I would recommend that you shop around for the best prices (county health, insurance, civil surgeon). Wherever you go, you should get a record of what shots she gets or, if not age appropriate, a notation to that effect. This information is then provided to the civil surgeon who completes the vaccination supplement form that also goes with the I-485. As a K-3 visa holder, your wife won't need a medical exam if the one she got in China is less than a year old. Some civil surgeons will try to force one on you for the bucks but take a look at http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm which makes it clear that one is not needed.

One additional filing you might want to consider is the I-765 which is needed to get the EAD/work card. You wife will also need the EAD in order to get a "valid for work" social security card.

First, congratulations on your wife's arrival.

I'll take a stab at the AOS process.  At a very high level, you will need to file the I-485 along with the G-325A, I-864, and supporting documentation.  A good place to look for what needs to go with the application is http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1k3aos

Here's a link to the vaccination supplement question:  http://uscis.gov/graphics/Medical_Exam.htm#whatare I would recommend that you shop around for the best prices (county health, insurance, civil surgeon).  Wherever you go, you should get a record of what shots she gets or, if not age appropriate, a notation to that effect.  This information is then provided to the civil surgeon who completes the vaccination supplement form that also goes with the I-485.  As a K-3 visa holder, your wife won't need a medical exam if the one she got in China is less than a year old.  Some civil surgeons will try to force one on you for the bucks but take a look at http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm which makes it clear that one is not needed.

One additional filing you might want to consider is the I-765 which is needed to get the EAD/work card.  You wife will also need the EAD in order to get a "valid for work" social security card.

172541[/snapback]

Frank...

I very much appreciate your help...and everyone else here that's given me advice. Thanks so much...

R

Frank pretty much nailed it. I would only add that it would be a good idea to send in the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations with the I-485. Technically it isn't required until the AOS interview but there have been some reports of RFEs for not sending it in. Also there have been a few reports of some not having to have an AOS interview. I would assume sending the I-693 supplemental with the AOS would have a hand in that.

Frank pretty much nailed it.  I would only add that it would be a good idea to send in the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations with the I-485.  Technically it isn't required until the AOS interview but there have been some reports of RFEs for not sending it in.  Also there have been a few reports of some not having to have an AOS interview.  I would assume sending the I-693 supplemental with the AOS would have a hand in that.

172689[/snapback]

Do you have a link to that I-693 Supplemental form...or is that simply the I-693 form?

Frank pretty much nailed it.  I would only add that it would be a good idea to send in the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations with the I-485.  Technically it isn't required until the AOS interview but there have been some reports of RFEs for not sending it in.  Also there have been a few reports of some not having to have an AOS interview.  I would assume sending the I-693 supplemental with the AOS would have a hand in that.

172689[/snapback]

Do you have a link to that I-693 Supplemental form...or is that simply the I-693 form?

172691[/snapback]

That would be Appendix A Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons

The civil surgeon usually supplies this. The instructions for AOS are also on this page in the event you find everyone wants to do a complete physical instead of processing the vaccination requirements.

Frank pretty much nailed it.?I would only add that it would be a good idea to send in the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations with the I-485.?Technically it isn't required until the AOS interview but there have been some reports of RFEs for not sending it in.?Also there have been a few reports of some not having to have an AOS interview.?I would assume sending the I-693 supplemental with the AOS would have a hand in that.

172689[/snapback]

172691[/snapback]

That would be Appendix A Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons

The civil surgeon usually supplies this. The instructions for AOS are also on this page in the event you find everyone wants to do a complete physical instead of processing the vaccination requirements.

172719[/snapback]

Thanks, Lee! :rolleyes: