chinese characters / ÖÐÎĺº×Ö

ÓÐûÓÐÈË¿ÉÒÔ¡ãïÎÒÕÒÒ»¸öдºº¡ÁÖµÄȨª¼þ£¿ ÏÖÔÚÎÒÖ»ÄÜÔڡ㨬¹«ÊÒÀïÓõçÄÔдºº¡ÁÖ--ÔÚ¼ÒÁ¢²»»¨¢¡£ лл¡ã¡£¡ Can anyone help me find a shareware program to type Chinese characters on my home computer? Right now I can only do this at the office. Thanks!

I just use the Chinese Simplified input keyboard built into windows xp. Works fine.

ÔÙ¼û

171226[/snapback]

¶Ô²»Æð

Are you typing pinyin, Dan?

Jiaying will need character recognition (she's a holy terror with that - seems like 100%) so I'll have to get my graphics tablet working. She'll bring her Kingsoft translation software with her.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...

I don't know what version of XP I have, but when I downloaded the program it tells me that it will not work with my version of XP?

I just use the Chinese Simplified input keyboard built into windows xp. Works fine.

ÔÙ¼û

171226[/snapback]

¶Ô²»Æð

Are you typing pinyin, Dan?

Jiaying will need character recognition (she's a holy terror with that - seems like 100%) so I'll have to get my graphics tablet working. She'll bring her Kingsoft translation software with her.

171228[/snapback]

Randy,

I just now discovered this thread; though I realize your post was last November.

I bought PenPower 9.1 from Fry's here in Austin. Handwriting recognition is pretty good.

I use if for study. I couldn't use my own Wacom tablet; you have to use the included tablet, it has different drivers and functions.

For learning Chinese characters and dictionary lookup, I've had the best luck with handwriting recognition. For example, you already need to know the pronunciation to use Pinyin. But with HWR, you can input characters you seen on the TV screen, or some written material.