ever sold an Apartment in China ?

Right now it's getting kind of busy just planning on what to do with the Apartment - we are selling it / but the details-Furniture appliances etc- and how to do the transaction long distance is the hassle .

Also she has her money in the China Agricultural bank and we don't know how to get that money avalable to her in the USA .

She wanted to carry $10 k with her on the trip and I told her NO

-it may be legal but it's stupid-

anyone with experience in either of these areas ?

we need some Ideas

thanks

Guest pushbrk
Can you set up a wire transfer from her bank account to yours?

170386[/snapback]

I remember reading an earlier discussion on this but generally, no the Chinese government does not make it easy to take RMB out of China and you certainly cannot take money from a Chinese bank account and simply wire transfer it out of the Country unless it is for a legitimate business purpose.

Mike

My SO is renting her apartment. We are also keeping her money in China for future business ventures. Besides, the RMB will be going up in value versus USD. I even added my own money to her account. I am looking forward to buying additional properties in China in the future. Looks like we doing opposite of what your SO want to do.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

The Last statement by the PRC is that they ARE NOT going to change the Exchange rate again

:( so the exchange rate is going to stay where it is.

I can get a better interest rate on S series Savings Bonds -over 6% ( Much safer place for your money right now than what you can get in China - less than 2 % and that you have to pay Taxes to the PRC on) .

I have a friend whose wife transfers money out of china on a reqular monthly basis -it's some bank in Hong kong

Just sent them an Email but they when on a vacation so I don't know when I will hear back from them

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

Ying also owns an apartment in her home city of Yanji. She wanted to sell it before she left but we need to fix the heat. We are planning on sendind her brother the money to fix it then try to sell it when we visit China in October 2006. She would like to get about $12000 for it, but I think she would be happy with what she can get for it.