Been to see the wizard

obxtrainman

I was at the consulate yesterday to take care of a legal matter. I was a little frustrated at first. The rent a cop on the fourth floor wouldn't let my wife pass through, even after I showed him the letter from the consulate. I had to go up, go thru more security, take a number, show papers, then be told ,,Where is your wife, she needs to be here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So I go back down while the clerk calls the guards. Then it is back upstairs, thru security, take another number, wait on the people now in front of me. Now I'm handed the paper to pay the fee for the Notary. This is where it gets to be "comical". I'm in line to pay the fee, I'm finally next, it is getting close to lunch break :rolleyes: I look around, my wife is missing :rolleyes: She has wondered off with the paper work.I look over, she is standing in front of the "Black Pearl" Sheepishly looking her, like she is just looking around :) I have to go over to retrieve her, I look at the Nice looking young black lady, reach out,get wife by the elbow, look at the "Pearl" as if what do you do with her? We smile at each other, go pay the $30us for the Notary fee. As we passed by again, we saw ech other, smiled to one another, then waited for another forty minutes to be seen by the VO.

All in all, is was as any other business one might expect. Yes it was slow, and expensive. There were many people there. The GUZ has thier hands full.

As for the mysterious "Black Pearl", she just seemed to be doing her job. By the way, I believe black pearls are more valuble than the white ones :rolleyes:

Yep!

I was there yesterday and everthing/everyone was business like , NO RENTA cop problems for me or the VO time although she went through the Visa entrance security and I went thruogh the American visitors security .

Again what I have learned is that if you are accompanying your SO for business/visa issues she does not need to stand in line outside the consulate -just go to the fourth floor with her paperwork in hand for the appointment and they will let her in with you .

amazingly the different experiences can only add to our bewilderment at the process........

hard to believe that that could be an issue with anyone these days..... isn't it 2005?