I-485 send in delay

Does the I-485 have to be sent in before the K-1 visa expires since we are already married? I have the form finished but I still have to get the stamp of approval from a civil surgeon concerning her vaccinations. But...we have run into a delay. It is possible that Yanfei is pregnant so she cannot get her MMR and Chickenpox vaccination until we are sure she is not. After we learned of the danger of these vaccinations to an unborn, I took her to have her tested to see whether or not she had already recieved these immunizations in China. Yanfei cannot rmember if she did or not. Soo...the results of her tests wont be in until the end of this week...and on the 19th, her visa expires. Any worrys ? Penalties $$ ?

btw...I did find a CS who would do just the vaccination supplement for us without a physical. Cost: $25

Very Cool

As I understand it from others a couple of extra days won't matter. You could always send it in with the info you have and they will send an RFE. The vac supplement does not have to be sent in with the application. I didn't--no problem. there have been a few who were RFE's for it but most aren't.