pls give thoughts on P3 awaits!

It's been over one month and a half since my case was forwarded to GZ on 9/26. And from DHL website,i found out that the package got delieverd to the Consulate on 11/7. Now it's 11/13. I start getting more worried about not having any news on P3. I am not sure if i'm still in the safe 'timezone'..I've tried to convince myself not to worry about it too much by this period as normally i should be expected to wait for another 10-15 days after 11/7, before they inputting the cases into the computer system and EMSing the P3 off to me.

However,my real concern would be whether or not I could wait for any more longer than that?!?! one more month await from now on,or two or three?????

I am really sick of the waiting.Now the case is just disconnected from NVC,being forwarded to GZ, while in GZ only god knows if the visa guys have already recieved my case physically. I cant find any peace of security at this point upon this kind of situation,it's like i got lost and found myself in the middle of nowhere..:clapping:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I need find a way out!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's like i got lost and found myself in the middle of nowhere..:lol: 

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I need find a way out!!!!

168186[/snapback]

We are in the middle of nowhere with you, and are just bonkers :blink: too. We have been to the DHL site so many times, I think we should be added to their payroll. I have heard the normal time frame for NVC/P3 is 30 to 45 days and we are over that now...we were sent 9/23. I dont think the waiting is as bad as the not-knowing.

Since we are in the same general window of time, I will let you know if we hear any news, if you can do the same. :clapping:

susieq ... when I come upon a problem in life that I cannot do much about, even if I expend tremendous effort, I try to convince myself to set it aside for a while. I know this is very difficult to do.

There's nothing I know of that you can do to speed up a P3 that is not waaay outside of the normal timeframe ... so relax and focus on the positive, for example your relationship.

ken,Sure thing.I'll keep you posted on anything about p3 that comes up!

Jim,yea that's also what i'm doing at the same time..I'm not complianing about this slow process to my fiancee everyday anymore..i guess that's a huge step forward to me in terms of my attitude towards this visa await. But still I worry about things that I have to and i shout my thoughts and wonders out as usual and... CFL is great!!!:phone1:

I'll take your words;)

Edited by susieq (see edit history)

And if I might add, susieq, with ameriken, there's an old saying that "misery loves company" meaning that at least you're not alone and that should be of some comfort.

And as Jim said, relax and be positive. I know, easier said than done but there is nothing else you can do at this point. Just know, however, that it will come!

-good luck to you

I'd give it two months from sending to GUZ till P3.

You can call DOS to see if the namecheck is done, as AmeriKen has.. if this is done, your on track...

168220[/snapback]

I would question the idea that a name check is done and that you are on track if you have not received and returned a P3. My understanding is they need the P3 forms returned before that step is taken.

I would also take more than DHL's word on any package, as that is just a package. A call to DOS and asking them if your file is entered into the GUZ computer will be more useful to determine where you are in the process. (Or how about an email to GUZ asking if they sent the P3 forms).

Data from the past years worth of time lines suggests it takes an average of 10-14 days to get a P3 after the paperwork arrives at the Consulate.

Some recent number of days of NVC to P3 times are as follows. (from CFL).

I'd give it two months from sending to GUZ till P3.

You can call DOS to see if the namecheck is done, as AmeriKen has.. if this is done, your on track...

168220[/snapback]

I would question the idea that a name check is done and that you are on track if you have not received and returned a P3. My understanding is they need the P3 forms returned before that step is taken.

I would also take more than DHL's word on any package, as that is just a package. A call to DOS and asking them if your file is entered into the GUZ computer will be more useful to determine where you are in the process. (Or how about an email to GUZ asking if they sent the P3 forms).

Data from the past years worth of time lines suggests it takes an average of 10-14 days to get a P3 after the paperwork arrives at the Consulate.

Some recent number of days of NVC to P3 times are as follows. (from CFL).

168284[/snapback]

I just told jin to wait it out and they will get to us when its time. Thanks to Jin, she wrote the consulate and inquired on the status, and comes to find out they sent the p3 packet to a wrong address 2 weeks earlier.

So Jin got them steered in the right direction, and we recieved the p3 3 days afterwards. Still lost 2 weeks on that one.

From this side of the pond, we can call the visa center, but they can only verify what has been entered on the radar from the GUZ side.

I really think the database that has been so diligently compiled gives a pretty good indicator when its time to inquire.

Good luck and hang in there. It will come.

One way to check on this would be to call DOS and asked if the file has been noted as received in GZ or if Packet 3 has been mailed. I'd suggest calling as close to 8:30am EST to get in the phone queue before it gets jambed up.

I seemed to have great luck with seldomly more than 1-2 minutes of hold time on Tuesday mornings, but I think any morning except Monday would work the same.

To relieve stress you could always take up running, nothing like a 20 mile jog before work to totally exhaust you. :P

Thanks to Jin, she wrote the consulate and inquired on the status, and comes to find out they sent the p3  packet to a wrong address 2 weeks earlier.

So Jin got them steered in the right direction, and we recieved the p3 3 days afterwards.  Still lost 2 weeks on that one.

168285[/snapback]

Can you clarify why they had the wrong address ?

Thanks to Jin, she wrote the consulate and inquired on the status, and comes to find out they sent the p3  packet to a wrong address 2 weeks earlier.

So Jin got them steered in the right direction, and we recieved the p3 3 days afterwards.  Still lost 2 weeks on that one.

168285[/snapback]

Can you clarify why they had the wrong address ?

168292[/snapback]

yea i feel a bit worried about the address too.I'm sure that i gave my fiance the right address,but some of the exampls from 001 makes me feel not confident enough about that..I dont fully trust GZ side,the work attitudes from the operational level there must be horrible anyway!!

One way to check on this would be to call DOS and asked if the file has been noted as received in GZ or if Packet 3 has been mailed. I'd suggest calling as close to 8:30am EST to get in the phone queue before it gets jambed up.

I seemed to have great luck with seldomly more than 1-2 minutes of hold time on Tuesday mornings, but I think any morning except Monday would work the same.

To relieve stress you could always take up running, nothing like a 20 mile jog before work to totally exhaust you. :D

168286[/snapback]

yes,calling DOS is one of the ways to find out if the GZ side has already got your hard file. But the GZ side has to get the hard file in the first place!!!!

i think i'm going to fax GZ to confirm on my address and give out my cellphone number as well. I hope that their fax machine is not an ornament. is 020-8121-8341 is the right fax number in GZ consulate?

168320[/snapback]

You and I are really in the same boat.........hoping to hear from them soon, and hoping they have the new address correct. I think I will be calling that DOS # and perhaps have a little better luck. I know we need patience waiting, but I am just not comfortable, having heard so many stories about lost/forgotten files, and mailings to the wrong place.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
I know we need patience waiting, but I am just not comfortable, having heard so many stories about lost/forgotten files, and mailings to the wrong place.

168322[/snapback]

i cant agree with you more on that!

also,i called DOS a couple of weeks ago,they told me that they couldnt provide any information regarding to my P3 until the GZ consulate got our cases numbers on hand and have them entered into the system.

Otherwise,calling them seems to be pretty useless too..