Ok guys, thanks for looking at this post. My wife and I use msn and yahoo messenger service, and we use video cam so we can see each other. We also email. My wifey thinks we need to call each other for the VO to believe us. Is it necessary to call? I am not against it, but i'm also trying to save for another visit to china, and that 1,140 bucks is not easy to save. Thanks.

/wave

Edited by hunter (see edit history)
The phone records will help establish a bona-fide relationship - but no, they are not necessary, just a good idea.

The messenger transcripts are also helpful, if you've been keeping them.

166703[/snapback]

My wife has a billion files saved from our chats. As a matter of fact, when I sent evidence for our marriage to uscis, it was the print outs from her pc we used. It had color photos of us using video in the chat service.

They rarely ask for communication unless they want to verify/question how you communicate. The last person asked for 'communication' proof in an interview was because of third party evidence.

The main items for relationship proof asked are: How often you visited, Photos and financials.

If you want to talk and she has a computer, you both can load Skype ( http://www.skype.com ) and it's free to talk... otherwise, you can call her cell for cheap and some good calling cards exist.

--

Not sure what you mean by 'evidence for our marriage'.. the only evidence you need for the petition is the marriage certificate. Save your evidence for the interview...

They rarely ask for communication unless they want to verify/question how you communicate. The last person asked for 'communication' proof in an interview was because of third party evidence.

The main items for relationship proof asked are: How often you visited, Photos and financials.   

If you want to talk and she has a computer, you both can load Skype ( http://www.skype.com ) and it's free to talk... otherwise, you can call her cell for cheap and some good calling cards exist.

--

Not sure what you mean by 'evidence for our marriage'.. the only evidence you need for the petition is the marriage certificate.    Save your evidence for the interview...

166707[/snapback]

Hey thanks, what I meant about sending evidence, I sent copies of everything. Keeping the original copies of course.

They rarely ask for communication unless they want to verify/question how you communicate.   The last person asked for 'communication' proof in an interview was because of third party evidence.

--

Not sure what you mean by 'evidence for our marriage'.. the only evidence you need for the petition is the marriage certificate.    Save your evidence for the interview...

166707[/snapback]

Hey thanks, what I meant about sending evidence, I sent copies of everything. Keeping the original copies of course.

166708[/snapback]

My fiance' and I also use Yahoo messenger twice a day with a webcam. For voice at the same time we use Skype. The quality of the call is fantastic! Much better than the Yahoo Voice program. There is also a list of calls made and the lenght of duration. I don't know how to print that list out but maybe someone can help with that.

Good Luck!

For voice at the same time we use Skype.  The quality of the call is fantastic!  Much better than the Yahoo Voice program.  There is also a list of calls made and the lenght of duration.  I don't know how to print that list out but maybe someone can help with that.

Good Luck!

166710[/snapback]

Right click a contact and select: Call history or chat history... Since you can use Skype to also chat, like an IM...

gather as much stuff as you have. This may include phone logs, but if it doesn't, make sure you have other stuff. It turned out that I needed everything, including testimonies from friends and family.

Phone logs that show that you talk a LOT (like, an hour a day at least) would seem to me to be very good evidence of a bona fide relationship. There are a few good calling cards out there that offer a decent rate. Under 3 cents a minute :)

Ok guys, thanks for looking at this post. My wife and I use msn and yahoo messenger service, and we use video cam so we can see each other. We also email. My wifey thinks we need to call each other for the VO to believe us. Is it necessary to call? I am not against it, but i'm also trying to save for another visit to china, and that 1,140 bucks is not easy to save. Thanks.

/wave

166700[/snapback]

We use MSN primarily, and occasionally yahoo, and both services have the means to save the written chats to your computer. Then you can print what you want. We will use this as our proof, since the talk is free. You can also use the PRINT SCRN on your keyboard and copy it to a WORD doc, and that will show the picture of your MSN screens with the writing, webcam pics of both of you, etc.

For voice at the same time we use Skype.  The quality of the call is fantastic!  Much better than the Yahoo Voice program.  There is also a list of calls made and the lenght of duration.  I don't know how to print that list out but maybe someone can help with that.

Good Luck!

166710[/snapback]

Larry

If you go to skype.com, log in, go to My Account, under Overview you will se Call List. You can select Export and get a semi colon delimted list that exports nicely into Excel. It goes back six months.

Hunter

Lao po and I also use video chat and capture .tifs of us talking. One suggestion, if you can also talk to her children, mama, baba, brother, sister, etc and get screen caps. Pretty unlikley that a visa scammer would go through all this.

OBTW .. I recommend Ineen as a great free program for voice and video chat. It's also cross platform ... I'm a Mac guy and she's a PC girl.

I know we need all this, but isn't it a) intrusive b ) tedious and most importantly c) counterproductive?

The first two seem obvious, but let me explain c a little more... We set forth all this proof to demonstrate we have a legitimate marriage. However, if you were trying to get one over on them, all that premeditation seems like it'd be building a resume' for the VO. Of course I suppose a real 'visa digger' could fake all that stuff.

My wife and I have almost daily emails. I keep all of them in part for the VO, but mostly because it is interesting to look back and see where we started and where we are now. However, she uses a translation service, so the emails are very short.

We also call. 1-2 times per week. I use a long distance provider and pay 5c per minute. She has a computer I brought with me when I was there, but she works 6 days a week and given that her English is still only so so, she has not had the time to spend on getting it to where she can do Yahoo Messenger, or to get ADSL set up in her home. I sent her some money to get that squared away, but only just recently. I figured I would record the messenger conversations.

It bothers me alot though that our private thoughts and discussions are required to show we're legit. Maybe the rules are different for K-1 versus K-3 as far as demonstrating that sort of thing, but I will mail her all those documents just in case.

I'll sacrifice my privacy for her to be here with me, but I don't have to like it!

Edited by mercator (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

/wave

166700[/snapback]

A word of CAUTION. If you read about some of the recent denials you will see that most are failing to prove a bonafide relationship, or provide proof of having met face to face.

Your evidence must be strong. It seems that those that have met face to face do indeed take the time to have many photos taken together. They additionally take the time to sign on with a telephone calling card company and keep detailed records of telephone calls and communication.

You must also be aware that if you do not share a common language and either you or she does not speak english, or chinese, this also raises suspicions.

If you do NOT have this evidence, or are otherwise opposed to taking the steps to get it, you may indeed have a difficult time proving to the VOs satisfaction....

good luck...